Official: Car Drives Through Fence At Sacramento International Airport
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Officials confirm that a car was able to breach the fence of Sacramento International Airport.
The incident happened Sunday at 10:47 p.m., according to Laurie Slothower from the Sacramento County Department of Airports. A dark-colored sedan is said to have been on Elverta Road when, for an unknown reason, it drove through a fence on the north end of the airport.
Slothower said that the car only drove for about 500 feet before it turned around and left. Even with an aerial search of the area, Slothower said, the car was not located.
Airport staff was alerted by a tenant at the airport, Slothower notes.
Both the fence and gate have been repaired.