Official: Car Drives Through Fence At Sacramento International Airport
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Officials confirm that a car was able to breach the fence of Sacramento International Airport.
The incident happened Sunday at 10:47 p.m., according to Laurie Slothower from the Sacramento County Department of Airports. A dark-colored sedan is said to have been on Elverta Road when, for an unknown reason, it drove through a fence on the north end of the airport.
Slothower said that the car only drove for about 500 feet before it turned around and left. Even with an aerial search of the area, Slothower said, the car was not located.
Airport staff was alerted by a tenant at the airport, Slothower notes.
Both the fence and gate have been repaired.