Official: Car Drives Through Fence At Sacramento International Airport
Don't Miss This
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Officials confirm that a car was able to breach the fence of Sacramento International Airport.
The incident happened Sunday at 10:47 p.m., according to Laurie Slothower from the Sacramento County Department of Airports. A dark-colored sedan is said to have been on Elverta Road when, for an unknown reason, it drove through a fence on the north end of the airport.
Slothower said that the car only drove for about 500 feet before it turned around and left. Even with an aerial search of the area, Slothower said, the car was not located.
Airport staff was alerted by a tenant at the airport, Slothower notes.
Both the fence and gate have been repaired.