Official: Car Drives Through Fence At Sacramento International Airport
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Officials confirm that a car was able to breach the fence of Sacramento International Airport.
The incident happened Sunday at 10:47 p.m., according to Laurie Slothower from the Sacramento County Department of Airports. A dark-colored sedan is said to have been on Elverta Road when, for an unknown reason, it drove through a fence on the north end of the airport.
Slothower said that the car only drove for about 500 feet before it turned around and left. Even with an aerial search of the area, Slothower said, the car was not located.
Airport staff was alerted by a tenant at the airport, Slothower notes.
Both the fence and gate have been repaired.