Born and raised in Elk Grove, Cambi attended Sacramento State and began her broadcasting career right here. As an intern at Good Day Sacramento, she knew she wanted to someday return as a reporter, and has been able to do just that on Good Day and CBS13.
With some help from some amazing people at the station, many who still work here, she landed her first on-air job in Yuma, Arizona. She realized you can take the girl out of California, but you can’t take California out of the girl. Most recently she returned to The Golden State, working on a morning show in Bakersfield. Her “Cambi on the go” franchise there allowed her to do a lot of things from skydiving to joining the circus. Despite Cambi’s mom and dog, Polly Pocket, making frequent TV appearances in Bakersfield, home was always in the back of her mind, so in December of 2012, she moved back to work for the station where she first learned the ropes.
When not at work, you’ll find Cambi watching “I Love Lucy” reruns, bragging about her brother, who is proudly serving our country, or trying to stop her mom from telling everyone in town to watch her daughter on Good Day!
Getting Answers with Cambi Brown
1. How long have you lived in Northern California? Born and raised.
2. Where are you from originally? Elk Grove, CA
3. Do you have any siblings? A younger brother with an equally weird first name, Dak
4. Do you have any pets? A yorkie named Polly Pocket
5. iPhone or Android? iPhone
6. What’s your favorite app? I’m not very tech savvy so probably instagram
7. What’s your favorite thing about working in news? Meeting new people and telling the stories of my hometown
8. What’s your favorite book? Where the red fern grows. I loved reading as a little girl and still do.
9. What’s your favorite movie? Wild hearts can’t be broken
10. What’s your favorite TV show? Mad Men
11. Who is your favorite band? Lady antebellum and death cab for cutie
12. What’s your favorite concert you’ve ever been to? Boyz II Men
13. What’s the one thing about you that would surprise us? Surprise! I don’t like surprise parties. It’s too much attention.
14. What’s your favorite past time? Am I old enough to have a past time?
15. If you could drive any car – what would it be? I’d rather be the passenger. I’m a terrible driver.
16. Who’s the person you most admire? My mom. She raised us all by herself and made a lot of sacrifices.
17. What’s your favorite quote? Pretty is as pretty does
18. What’s the one place you’d like to visit that you’ve never been to before? Italy
19. What’s your favorite place you’ve ever visited? Hawaii
20. If you were stranded on a desert island, and had the chance to take just one item with you, what would it be? I’d rather take a person, but if I can’t, I’ll bring a notebook.
21. What’s the funniest thing you’ve ever overheard someone say? Spend one day in a newsroom and you’ll realize why I can’t pick just one!
22. Who’s your favorite actor/actress? Paul Rudd
23. What’s your favorite line of dialogue from a movie? I am terrible at remembering movie lines.
24. What do you do for exercise? Lots of cardio and some weights
25. What’s your favorite area restaurant? Roxy restaurant and bar. I used to work there in college!
26. What food could you not live without? Froot loops with marshmallows. I am obsessed.
27. What’s your favorite Northern California attraction? Touring Alcatraz and Napa
28. Where’s the strangest/farthest place you’ve been recognized? Disneyland
29. At what age did you decide you were interested in news? College
30. What’s the world’s biggest question that you’d like to find the answer to? I don’t think we want to know the answers to those!