Sean Bennett joined CBS13 and Good Day Sacramento in May 2012. Sean is no stranger to reporting on the morning show. He spent the past 3.5 years reporting for FOX 40. Before moving to the Capital City, Sean spent seven years anchoring sports at WBBH in Fort Myers, Florida and at KHSL/KNVN in Chico.
Sean has covered stories that captured national attention, including the discovery of Jaycee Lee Dugard, and the disappearance and murder of Tracy resident Sandra Cantu. He has also traveled all over the country tracking down the Maloofs for the latest developments on the Kings arena in Orlando. He covered the San Francisco Giants winning the 2010 and 2012 World Series, and Chico’s own Aaron Rodgers in the Super Bowl.
When he’s not chasing breaking news, Sean spends time at home with his wife, Melissa, son, Cole, and daughter Bailey.
Getting Answers with Sean Bennett
1) Where are you from originally? I was born in Chicago, but grew up in the Bay Area.
2) What’s the one thing about you that would surprise us? I am an identical twin, my brother and I look the same and talk the same.
3) What do you like to do in your spare time? I am a sports fanatic, I love the Giants and 49ers. I am very superstitious when it comes to game day. I don’t wear any hats or shirts with the team logo on them. I won’t drink out of any cups that have logos on them, and will not leave my seat if my teams are losing to see if the mojo turns around.
4) What’s the one place you’d like to visit that you’ve never been to before? I would love to go on a European Vacation with my wife, not like the National Lampoon’s Movie.
5) iPhone or Android? I am an iPhone fan! I think it’s one of the best inventions out there, and just love the weather app. It helps on live shots, trips and just for day-to-day use.
6) What’s your favorite food? I love food, and think about my next meal while I am eating my current meal. I could not go without Mexican food. There are so many options, plus chips are always included. I am a big fan of the Mom and Pop places, they just hit the spot.
7) What do you do for exercise? I try my best to workout a few days a week at the gym while balancing life and kids. I just completed my first half Marathon which was fantastic.
Sean’s recent stories
- West Sacramento Woman Opens Fire After Hearing Possible BurglarLaw enforcement swarmed the scene looking for a possible home invasion suspect, but no suspect was found inside the home.
- Yuba City Teachers Strike Ends After Long Weekend NegotiationsMonday was the first day teachers were back in Yuba City Unified School District classrooms since the strike began on Sept. 8.
- Stockton Police Shoot Man Who Fired Gun On PorchA man was wounded by police after officers say he refused to drop a weapon and then pointed it at them on Sunday night.
- CHP: Woman Dies After Crashing Into Truck While Trying To Pass Another VehicleInvestigators say the woman was trying to pass another vehicle in a sedan when she crashed head-on into a big rig hauling tomatoes on Old Highway 99.
- DUI Suspected In Deadly Watt Avenue CrashThe California Highway Patrol says a man driving a black Chevrolet truck was reportedly speeding along southbound Watt Avenue when he crossed the center median and crashed into a white Ford Explorer.
- Electrical Fire At Citrus Heights Apartment Injures Child, 2 AdultsFire crews arrived just after 12:30 a.m. to find flames showing from a second-story apartment on Greenback Lane near Mariposa Lane.
- Yuba City Teachers On Strike: ‘We’re Just Asking To Be Average’Hundreds of teachers in Yuba City hit the picket lines on Thursday as negotiations in a longstanding pay dispute have stalled.
- Parents Supportive Of Yuba City Teachers’ Planned Thursday StrikeParents say they're supportive of the teachers, because they don't want to see them leaving for other districts, though they'd prefer it not lead to a strike.
- Father Killed In Rosemont Home InvasionAfter telling him to get on the ground, the suspects were met by a 64-year-old man who told them to get out. Investigators say one of the suspects shot and killed the man.
- Shots Ring Out at West Sacramento MotelA man is in the hospital Monday morning after being shot at the Motel 6 on Haylard Drive in West Sacramento, according to police.
- Police Arrest Suspect In West Sacramento Hit-And-Run CrashA pedestrian was seriously injured after he was hit by a vehicle in West Sacramento.
- Rivers Running High As Storm After Storm Rolls ThroughIf you haven't been to the Sacramento River in a while, it's going to look a lot different.
- Police Investigate Shooting Near East Sacramento Motel 6It was an intense and chaotic scene for a reverend who tried to break up a shooting in East Sacramento early Friday morning.
- Next Storms Bring Worries Over Minor FloodingWith incoming storms picking up in intensity as we head into the weekend, there's a possibility we could see some minor flooding and other damage in the next few days.
- Walmart In Elk Grove Robbed At GunpointPolice in Elk Grove are searching for a suspect who tried to rob a Walmart Tuesday morning.
- Leak Found At Folsom Dam Spillway Construction SiteCrews are inspecting a leak at the new spillway construction site next to Folsom Dam.
- Santa’s Military Elf In Need Of Donations To Help Children Of TroopsRodney created Toys For The Troops Kids 13 years ago and lives in a tuff shed 24-7 for 12 straight days leading up to Christmas to raise gifts and donations for deployed and military families in need.
- Driver Swerves To Avoid Semi, Hits HouseA family woke up to a loud bang after a car crashed into their house.
- Thanksgiving Travel At Levels Not Seen Since 2007The holiday travel rush is in full swing, and travel experts say they expect more people to leave home for Thanksgiving this year than in any single year dating back to 2007.
- Thousands Flock To Folsom To Celebrate Veterans DayFrom marching bands and color guard to a fly over, thousands flocked to Folsom Wednesday morning.