Sean Bennett joined CBS13 and Good Day Sacramento in May 2012. Sean is no stranger to reporting on the morning show. He spent the past 3.5 years reporting for FOX 40. Before moving to the Capital City, Sean spent seven years anchoring sports at WBBH in Fort Myers, Florida and at KHSL/KNVN in Chico.
Sean has covered stories that captured national attention, including the discovery of Jaycee Lee Dugard, and the disappearance and murder of Tracy resident Sandra Cantu. He has also traveled all over the country tracking down the Maloofs for the latest developments on the Kings arena in Orlando. He covered the San Francisco Giants winning the 2010 and 2012 World Series, and Chico’s own Aaron Rodgers in the Super Bowl.
When he’s not chasing breaking news, Sean spends time at home with his wife, Melissa, son, Cole, and daughter Bailey.
Getting Answers with Sean Bennett
1) Where are you from originally? I was born in Chicago, but grew up in the Bay Area.
2) What’s the one thing about you that would surprise us? I am an identical twin, my brother and I look the same and talk the same.
3) What do you like to do in your spare time? I am a sports fanatic, I love the Giants and 49ers. I am very superstitious when it comes to game day. I don’t wear any hats or shirts with the team logo on them. I won’t drink out of any cups that have logos on them, and will not leave my seat if my teams are losing to see if the mojo turns around.
4) What’s the one place you’d like to visit that you’ve never been to before? I would love to go on a European Vacation with my wife, not like the National Lampoon’s Movie.
5) iPhone or Android? I am an iPhone fan! I think it’s one of the best inventions out there, and just love the weather app. It helps on live shots, trips and just for day-to-day use.
6) What’s your favorite food? I love food, and think about my next meal while I am eating my current meal. I could not go without Mexican food. There are so many options, plus chips are always included. I am a big fan of the Mom and Pop places, they just hit the spot.
7) What do you do for exercise? I try my best to workout a few days a week at the gym while balancing life and kids. I just completed my first half Marathon which was fantastic.
Sean’s recent stories
- PG&E Crews Scour Folsom Neighborhood Looking For Gas LeaksA fleet of PG&E trucks is driving through Folsom neighborhoods, looking for gas leaks.
- Thousands March To Honor Martin Luther King, Jr. In SacramentoThousands marched through parts of Sacramento to honor the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. on Monday.
- Ahead Of Super Soaker, Officials Upping Water Releases Below Nimbus DamThe Bureau of Reclamation is getting ahead of this weekend’s storm by incrementally releasing 3,500 cubic feet of water per second to 15,000 cubic feet per second below the Nimbus Dam to manage potential Sierra runoff.
- Pilot Program Adds More Warming Centers For Homeless In SacramentoThe city and county of Sacramento are teaming up to help the homeless stay warm during these freezing winter months.
- Deer Creek Floods, Forces Closure Of Scott Road Near Rancho MurietaYesterday's storm caused flooding on Scott Road between Latrobe Road and White Rock Road, just north of Rancho Murieta.
- Folsom Lake Filling Up After Series Of StormsThis weekend's storm has had a huge impact on Folsom Lake, with the lake level shooting up.
- Large Fire Breaks Out At Plastics Company In LodiA large fire is burning at Epic Plastics fabrication company in Lodi.
- ‘Black Lives Matter’ Protests Outside Of Sacramento County Sheriff’s HQHomemade signs all with different messages were held high by the Sacramento Black Lives Matter chapter on Thursday.
- Elk Grove Dutch Bros. Employee Rushes To Help Shooting VictimA shooting on a Sacramento freeway sent a driver to the hospital, and some quick thinking by a Good Samaritan helped the victim as emergency responders were arriving on scene.
- After 9-Hour Standoff, Suspected Car Thief Surrenders To Sacramento PolicePolice say it started at around 6 p.m. on Monday when the man stole a car near Freeport Boulevard. Officers chased him into East Sacramento.
- Sacramento Fire Crews Slowed By Hard-To-Find Front DoorFirefighters were slowed when they couldn't find the front door of the duplex on McAllister Avenue near Freeport Boulevard.
- Major Fire Destroys Lincoln Home, Other Nearby Structures And PropertyA three-alarm fire in Lincoln has burned three homes.
- Man Trapped In Car After Possible Street Race In NatomasTwo people in the car fled the scene, leaving a man trapped.
- Sacramento Kings Unveil Controversial Coloring Book Sculpture Outside Golden 1 CenterArtist Jeff Koons was on hand as his colorful sculpture Coloring Book was unveiled to the tune of U2’s “Beautiful Day” a hit from the year 2000 during the height of the Kings’ last successful run.
- West Sacramento Woman Opens Fire After Hearing Possible BurglarLaw enforcement swarmed the scene looking for a possible home invasion suspect, but no suspect was found inside the home.
- Yuba City Teachers Strike Ends After Long Weekend NegotiationsMonday was the first day teachers were back in Yuba City Unified School District classrooms since the strike began on Sept. 8.
- Stockton Police Shoot Man Who Fired Gun On PorchA man was wounded by police after officers say he refused to drop a weapon and then pointed it at them on Sunday night.
- CHP: Woman Dies After Crashing Into Truck While Trying To Pass Another VehicleInvestigators say the woman was trying to pass another vehicle in a sedan when she crashed head-on into a big rig hauling tomatoes on Old Highway 99.
- DUI Suspected In Deadly Watt Avenue CrashThe California Highway Patrol says a man driving a black Chevrolet truck was reportedly speeding along southbound Watt Avenue when he crossed the center median and crashed into a white Ford Explorer.
- Electrical Fire At Citrus Heights Apartment Injures Child, 2 AdultsFire crews arrived just after 12:30 a.m. to find flames showing from a second-story apartment on Greenback Lane near Mariposa Lane.