Steve anchors the news on CBS13 on the weekends and reports during the week.
He has also worked as a morning anchor/weathercaster at KCOY-TV in Santa Maria, sports director at KVIQ-TV in Eureka, and videographer at KEYT-TV in Santa Barbara.
When he’s not working, Steve likes spending time with family and friends, firing up the barbecue, and keeping his fantasy football team at the top of the standings.
Steve’s recent stories
- Woman Sets Trap For Good Samaritan, Uses Armed Kids To Rob HimDeputies say Flavia Ambriz's plan started on an industrial block of Broadway Avenue, pulling her car to the roadside and claiming it was broken down.
- California DOJ Shows Off Seized Guns, Grenade LauncherThe State Department of Justice tracks firearm owners prohibited from having the weapons through a database called the Armed Prohibited Persons System.
- Granite Bay Band Has Touching Tribute For Parkland High VictimsThe Granite Bay High School band will honor victims with a touching tribute of its own, a performance of "Amazing Grace."
- Legal Pot Makes Drug-Sniffing Dogs Overqualified In CaliforniaLegalized pot in California is leading to changes in some local police K-9 units, and the dogs trained to detect marijuana.
- 3 Hostages Killed At Yountville Veterans Home, Gunman DeadThe California Highway Patrol says three hostages inside Veterans Home of California, Yountville were found dead inside. The suspected gunman was also found dead.
- Faulty Fire Sprinkler Ruins Roseville HomeHer neighbors are now fired up too, concerned over the danger faulty fire sprinklers could pose to them.
- Immigration Lawsuit Against California Sets Stage For Long FightU.S. District Judge John Mendez was assigned to this case Wednesday. However he rules on the lawsuit, it's expected his decision will be appealed.
- Justice Department Suing California Over Immigration PoliciesThe Justice Department is suing the state of California over its immigration policies, alleging the state has interfered with federal immigration activities.
- Deputies: Men Busted At Yuba County Gun Range With Illegal WeaponsInvestigators seized a collection of illegal weapons and ammunition including an illegally-modified Glock handgun, and two custom-built AR-15s.
- Drivers Warned To Avoid Sierra Or Prepare For Long DriveIf the conditions reach whiteout or blizzard levels, Caltrans crews may be pulled, meaning the roads will be impassable.
- City Leaders Hail Homeless Shelter A Success, But Future UncertainSacramento city leaders are calling a temporary winter homeless shelter a success after a midway report was released Tuesday.
- East Area Rapist Linked To Rash Of Rancho Cordova Cat BurglariesBetween 1976 and 1986, investigators believe he's responsible for 50 rapes and 12 murders.
- Roseville City Leaders Ask For Input As Budget Cuts LoomWith a deadline still months away and a shortfall projected, the City of Roseville is already preparing for budget cuts in the 2018-19 fiscal year.
- Isiah Fowler’s Attorney On Murder Conviction Reversal: ‘This Is Huge’“He didn’t get an attorney, and he didn’t get his Miranda rights,” Plesser said. "Instead, he got badgered by law enforcement who tried to prove that he had killed his sister when he didn’t."
- Fire At Lodi Hotel Displaces Dozens Of PeopleA residential hotel fire in Lodi has left dozens of people homeless and firefighters investigating reports that no fire alarms went off in the building.
- El Dorado County Tax Mix-Up Could Hit Business OwnersThere's something wrong with this envelope that could leave El Dorado County business owners facing penalties come tax time.
- Developer Planning Mansion Inn Revival Across From Governor’s MansionPictures show the building in better days when it was called The Mansion Inn and celebrities like The Beach Boys and Liberace were guests.
- Former Yolo County Tourism Official Accused Of EmbezzlementFormer Visit Yolo Executive Director Alan Humason has had detectives descending on his personal finances, with their case leading to a felony embezzlement charge.
- Former Prostitute Is Next Lodi Police ChaplainShe is a self-professed former prostitute turned pastor who's now joining the Lodi Police Department as its newest chaplain.
- Coyote Freed After A Week With Her Head Stuck In A JarA new picture shows the coyote staring straight into a camera lens, after days of dodging help.