Steve anchors the news on CBS13 on the weekends and reports during the week.
He has also worked as a morning anchor/weathercaster at KCOY-TV in Santa Maria, sports director at KVIQ-TV in Eureka, and videographer at KEYT-TV in Santa Barbara.
When he’s not working, Steve likes spending time with family and friends, firing up the barbecue, and keeping his fantasy football team at the top of the standings.
Steve’s recent stories
- Child, 11, Found Shot In Stockton; Police InvestigatingPolice in Stockton are investigating after a child was found shot late Thursday afternoon.
- Numbers Game: Seasonal River Cats Employees Told They Can’t Work For Other VenuesIt's a game-changer for Sacramento River Cats seasonal employees.
- Developer Plans On Bringing High-End Shopping To NatomasIt’s a high-end shopping center concept that’s proven popular in the city of Roseville.
- Video Apparently Vindicates Attorney Accused Of Sexual Misconduct With InmateA local female attorney is claiming victory in a federal lawsuit against Sacramento County.
- Ex-Kings GM Geoff Petrie Calls Vivek Ranadive’s Comments ‘Revisionist History’Former Sacramento Kings General Manager Geoff Petrie says Vivek Ranadive disrespected former Kings employees in a recent report.
- Pro-White Advocacy Group’s Fliers Sparks Backlash At Central Valley CollegeThe president of CSU Stanislaus and the chancellor’s office are monitoring racially-charged fliers that have recently been going up on campus.
- Singer’s National Anthem Kneel At Kings Game Called A DistractionA singer from Berkeley took a knee while singing the national anthem at the Kings’ preseason game at Golden 1 Center.
- Concern Grows Over Steepness Of Golden 1 Center’s Upper Bowl SeatsSafety at Golden 1 Center is under scrutiny after two incidents of people falling onto others in the arena’s upper bowl.
- Fan Blames Golden 1 Center Upper Bowl Incline After Other Fan Falls On HimThousands converged inside the Golden 1 Center’s grand opening to hear Sir Paul McCartney.
- Paul McCartney Arrives As Sacramento Awaits Golden 1 Center’s Big OpeningSir Paul McCartney has been on the world's biggest stages - and next up, he'll take the stage for the first-ever event at Sacramento's new Golden 1 Center.
- Restaurants Hoping For Big Bump From Golden 1 CenterThe Golden 1 Center is delivered. Now surrounding downtown restaurant owners are ready for the crowds to dig in.
- Media Given Glimpse Of Golden 1 Center Before Big DebutThe Kings opened up the Golden 1 Center doors to reporters for the first time Tuesday, offering a glimpse of the arena interior before the crowds arrive.
- Jeff Koons Sculpture At Golden 1 Center Still Not Sitting Well With Local ArtistsAs if on cue, just as the curtain came down on the controversial Coloring Book sculpture at the Golden 1 Center, the tweet went up.
- Prosecutors: ‘Sextortion’ Cases Targeting Young Women At Alarming RateIt was a secret Aria Barker was too afraid to tell anyone.
- People First At Scene Describe Carnage After U-2 Plane CrashOne Beale Air Force base pilot is dead and another recovering after their U-2 spy plane crashed into the Sutter Buttes Tuesday morning.
- Golden 1 Center Project Hearkens Back To Capitol Mall RedevelopmentIn less than two weeks, Golden 1 Center will officially open to the public. The new sports complex is expected to add a spark to Sacramento's sleepy downtown.
- Kings Arenas: Plans Only On PaperThe pictures of past arena plans that failed could fill up a photo album. Former Sacramento supervisor Roger Dickinson has been along for the up and down arena ride.
- Golden 1 Center Increasing Value Of Surrounding Properties By As Much As $180 MillionJust weeks away from opening day, Golden 1 Center is already changing the way downtown Sacramento looks.
- Sacramento Police Chief Announces Retirement Amid Calls For Change In DepartmentIt's a sudden shake-up in the Sacramento Police Department: Chief Sam Somers announced he's retiring, effective December 9.
- Family Searching For Answers After Man Hit, Killed Hours After Leaving HospitalThe family of a man killed after he was hit walking on a Citrus Heights roadway is grieving his loss and searching for answers into what went wrong.