Steve anchors the news on CBS13 on the weekends and reports during the week.
He has also worked as a morning anchor/weathercaster at KCOY-TV in Santa Maria, sports director at KVIQ-TV in Eureka, and videographer at KEYT-TV in Santa Barbara.
When he’s not working, Steve likes spending time with family and friends, firing up the barbecue, and keeping his fantasy football team at the top of the standings.
Steve’s recent stories
- Investigators Hope DNA Can Shed Light On Cold Case Killing Of FamilyThe violent attack in Sacramento left Michael and Marcy Jacobs and their 9-year-old daughter Jennifer dead, shot and stabbed.
- Report: Black Male Students Suspended At Highest Rate In Sacramento SchoolsOne in five black male students have been suspended in the Sacramento City Unified School District, more than any other district in the state.
- Texts Shed Light On Sacramento’s Hunt For MLS InvestorsText messages and emails are showing some of the behind the scenes deal-making to get a Major League Soccer team awarded here.
- Report Paints Dams As Vulnerable To Insider SabotageThe two dams were not named for security purposes, but they are among five operated by the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation.
- Teeth, Bone Fragments At Home Where Missing Veteran’s Body FoundDeputies say 70-year-old Stan Norman's life ended in a violent attack in the backyard of a Nevada City home.
- Firefighters Save Dog From 50-Foot Mine ShaftA dog helping track down a mountain lion that was reportedly attacking mountain lions fell down the shaft.
- Dan Bunz Remembers Former San Francisco 49ers Teammate Dwight ClarkThe man behind "The Stop" is one of many grieving the loss of the San Francisco 49ers wide receiver known for "The Catch."
- Investigators Hope Releasing New Clue Will Shed Light On Cold Case MurderPhyllis Ann Blasy was murdered inside her home in 1978, and her killer was never caught.
- Decision On East Area Rapist Case Details Will Be Made On FridayA judge is set to release some of the documents related to the East Area Rapist case that could shine a light on what was inside the suspect's home.
- Friend Accused Of Torturing, Murdering Nevada County VeteranInvestigators say Stan Norman, a 70-year-old Vietnam veteran, was tortured and murdered before his body was burned beyond recognition.
- Teen Says She Can’t Walk At Graduation Over Social Media CommentsShe posted critical comments about her education at St. Mary's High School online, and now she says the school is banning her from the ceremony.
- Drive-By Paintball Shooting Injures 2 In Midtown SacramentoPaintball shots were fired at a couple walking in Midtown Sacramento on Friday, sending one victim to the hospital.
- As Weather Warms, Water Rescue Warnings On The RiseRiver rescues are on the rise with stronger currents and colder water, and first responders are warning swimmers to be careful with the holiday weekend approaching
- Man Hopeful East Area Rapist Suspect Arrest Can Shed Light On Mom’s MurderThe arrest of Joseph DeAngelo as the suspected East Area Rapist is giving new hope to a family seeking closure after their own tragedy.
- Sacramento Wants Eyesore Properties Database For Public To SeeThere are more than 6,000 vacant lots in Sacramento, and some of the owners have been nearly impossible to find. That could change.
- Travis Air Force Base Psychologist Allegedly Fed Dirt To PatientCourt documents show a sexual assault victim seeking treatment from Heath Sommer was fed dirt before he had sex with her.
- Thieves Raiding Boat Launch Pay Boxes For CashSacramento County park rangers say someone has been stealing county fees straight out of the boat launch pay box.
- Daycare Dispute Lands Dad In Jail Over 911 CallsTurlock Police say he kept calling the emergency line when a daycare center wouldn't release his child to him.
- Proposed Homeless Hospice Draws Criticism From NeighborsHer grandson died on the streets homeless. Now she's made it her mission to help the homeless in their final days with Joshua's House.
- Up-And-Coming Teenage Sacramento Rapper Arrested For Armed RobberyPolice say the teen used a gun to steal three pounds of marijuana after responding to an online pot advertisement.