Steve anchors the news on CBS13 on the weekends and reports during the week.
He has also worked as a morning anchor/weathercaster at KCOY-TV in Santa Maria, sports director at KVIQ-TV in Eureka, and videographer at KEYT-TV in Santa Barbara.
When he’s not working, Steve likes spending time with family and friends, firing up the barbecue, and keeping his fantasy football team at the top of the standings.
Steve’s recent stories
- Roseville Police Chief Ready To Close Jail As Soon As This MonthThe long-planned slammer shutdown is suddenly speeding up, because Chief Daniel Hahn says he’s running out of jail employees.
- School Warns Oakdale Student That Blue Hair Is UnacceptableCayley Elswick takes geometry and history, but now she’s getting a crash course in the Oakdale School District code of conduct on hair color.
- Butte Fire Victims Weigh Options As First Lawsuit Filed Against PG&EThe lawsuit claims PG&E and a contractor did not properly mitigate possible fire hazards near power lines, allowing the 70,000 acre blaze to start.
- El Dorado Hills Man Says California Won’t Let Him Save Fish From Drought-Starved LakeAn El Dorado Hills man’s effort to save fish from the shrinking Bass Lake is being rejected by the state of California.
- Sacramento County Making Push To Quell American River Fires, Help HomelessEnforcement is increasing—starting this month Sacramento County is adding extra ranger patrols and increasing shelter beds for homeless.
- Treated Wastewater Available To Sacramento County Residents – For FreeCustomers of the Sacramento Sanitation District will be able to fill up with free treated sewage water directly from the treatment plant.
- Fairfield Woman, 89, Loses Home Of More Than Six Decades To Fast-Moving FireThe fast-moving grass fire ripped through her walls and left gaping holes in her roof.
- Matthew Muller, Suspect At Center Of Bizarre Vallejo Kidnapping, Appears In CourtMuller’s attorney Tom Johnson issued a not guilty plea in the federal complaint against him.
- Natomas Mom Solves Missing Package MysteryShe's a Natomas mom turned private eye, who caught not adults, but two teenage girls on an apparent after-school crime spree.
- Historic Hollywood Retreat Destroyed By Valley FirePhotos of the Hoberg’s resort’s past show it in its prime. Built in the early 1900s, the resort website shows Gable vacationed there during the ’30s and ’40s.
- Cooler Weather Helping Firefighters Get Handle On Butte FireThe fire has burned more than 71,000 acres and is 40 percent contained. It has burned 233 homes and 175 outbuildings.
- Pets, Big And Small, Not Forgotten In Chaos Of Valley FireCute, cuddly and evacuated along with so many other pets and their owners, a little of two-week-old puppies are going to be okay.
- Valley Fire Evacuees Overwhelmed By Donations, Worry About Fate Of HomesFood, clothes and blankets – donations are piling up and getting put to use by those most in need. It's a rapid response for the hundreds left homeless by the Valley Fire.
- Playoff Fever In Stockton, Home Of Oakland Athletics’ Only Minor-League Affiliate In CaliforniaWhile the Oakland Athletics may have left Raley Field, it’s still making their minor-league team in Stockton the top destination for some of their stars.
- Whitney, Rocklin High-School Football Teams Preparing For 110-Degree TemperaturesFor football players at Whitney High School, the hot temperatures are giving teammates and odor with extra strength during rivalry week.
- Sacramento Bike Advocates Say Sidewalk Fines Won’t Fix Downtown Traffic ProblemsThere are no buffered bike lanes like there are in other big cities. Instead, bicycles and cars move side-by-side.
- 70 Tons Of Dirt Removed After Sacramento Gold Rush Days Without Water Waste In DroughtThe cleanup after Sacramento Gold Rush Days may be the most scrutinized cleaning of any single street in the city.
- Sacramento Tech Business Group Closure Creates New Doubts In Job MarketThe Sacramento Regional Technology Alliance, tasked with opening doors for tech entrepreneurs in the region, closed its doors earlier this week.
- Watchdogs Take To Social Media To Blast Olivehurst Cemetery ConditionsA group that calls themselves the "grave posse" is pushing for better maintenance of the gravesites at Sierra View Memorial Park.
- El Dorado County Teen’s Arrest Brings Focus To Adderall Abuse By StudentsThe prescription to combat attention deficit disorder can be abused as a stimulant.