Steve anchors the news on CBS13 on the weekends and reports during the week.
He has also worked as a morning anchor/weathercaster at KCOY-TV in Santa Maria, sports director at KVIQ-TV in Eureka, and videographer at KEYT-TV in Santa Barbara.
When he’s not working, Steve likes spending time with family and friends, firing up the barbecue, and keeping his fantasy football team at the top of the standings.
Steve’s recent stories
- Father-Daughter Duo In Woodland Who Restores Cars Targeted By ScammersA Woodland father-daughter duo who restores classic cars as their hobby together are speaking out about being targeted in an alleged case of fraud.
- What Are Sacramento’s Chances Of Hosting Next Year’s NBA All-Star Game?The NBA commissioner’s decision to move the 2017 All-Star Game from Charlotte could give Sacramento a shot at hosting the event.
- 15-Year-Old Ban On Liquor Sales In Oak Park, Tahoe Park Could Be LiftedA liquor store ban in one part of Sacramento could be lifted by the city planning and design commission Thursday.
- California CCW Permitting Process Could Soon Get More ExpensiveThere's a new political effort taking aim at California’s concealed weapon permit process.
- Local High School Football Player Gets Big Welcome Home After Suffering Brain InjuryA local high school football player is recovering from a traumatic brain injury that could have left him paralyzed, or worse. He was welcomed home tonight – two weeks after the incident.
- Could Mountain Biking Help Fight Blight On American River Parkway?A ban on mountain biking along sections of the American River Parkway in Sacramento could be lifted this summer.
- New Three-Story Golf And Entertainment Center Getting Mixed Reviews From NeighborsThe company behind a massive new golf entertainment venue under construction in Roseville is looking to hire 500 people to fill their new positions.
- Mother Fearful Parole Policy Change Could Let Daughter’s Killer Go FreeHarriet Salarno’s daughter, Catina Salarno, was murdered on the University of the Pacific campus in 1979. The man who shot her execution style had posed in high-school photos in the years before.
- Outdoor Sprinklers Help Limit Damage From Locke FireCellphone video shows the flames shooting out of the balcony of the old building. The person shooting the video prayed the fire didn’t spread.
- Shifting Winds Make Trailhead Fire Difficult To ContainThe fire grew from 250 acres to 1,000 acres in 24 hours and is only 12 percent contained with 2,600 structures threatened.
- Trail Fire Slows As Night Falls, But High Temperatures Coming BackThe Trail Fire was at 300 acres as of 10 p.m. on Tuesday. The fire started at around 2 p.m. and was threatening 400 structures.
- Police Recordings Show Response To Violent California Capitol ProtestsAs police responded to the bloody stabbings and beatings of at least 10 people on the Capitol ground, dispatch recordings reveal guns were also a concern.
- CPS Reports Detail Warning Signs Before Orangevale Boy’s MurderZachary Prater-Stokes’ mother and her boyfriend are charged with his murder.
- Elk Grove Teen Expected To Be Among Top Picks In NBA DraftAn Elk Grove teen who graduated from Pleasant Grove High School is expected to be selected early in Thursday’s draft.
- Sacramento Homeless Bathroom Pilot Program Gets Pushback From Downtown GroupThe trailer wrapped with the Sacramento city logo is a test. It’s a place for the homeless to relieve themselves and clean up in privacy.
- Sacramento Aims To Lure Electric Car Maker To California CapitalAutomakers consider the Atieva a possible competitor to Tesla. The company’s site boasts it’s based in California and has scenic shots of the coastline.
- Faces Nightclub Owner Terry Sidie Reacts To Orlando ShootingTerry Sidie, owner of Sacramento's Faces Nightlclub, talks about security measures taken at his club following the mass shooting in Orlando, Florida.
- Sacramento City Employees Resigned After Accusations Of Sex, Drugs And FraudThe report describes two city utility workers in the back seat of a city vehicle at a city park engaged in sexual activities during business hours.
- Darrell Steinberg Wins Sacramento Mayoral RaceFormer state Senate president Darrell Steinberg has more than 60 percent of the vote on Tuesday.
- Text Messages Point To Possible Abuse Before Orangevale Child’s DeathA 5-year-old Orangevale boy is being mourned as his mother and her boyfriend face charges in his murder.