Steve anchors the news on CBS13 on the weekends and reports during the week.
He has also worked as a morning anchor/weathercaster at KCOY-TV in Santa Maria, sports director at KVIQ-TV in Eureka, and videographer at KEYT-TV in Santa Barbara.
When he’s not working, Steve likes spending time with family and friends, firing up the barbecue, and keeping his fantasy football team at the top of the standings.
Steve’s recent stories
- Sacramento Food Truck Owner Leaving State Over Bureaucratic ProblemsA Sacramento small-business owners says she’s leaving town and blaming bureaucracy for her decision to move out of the state.
- Sacramento Zoo Tiger Dies After Failed Introduction With Potential MateThe fight started when zookeepers attempted to introduce a female and male tiger for the first time to breed.
- Why Was The Republican Party Left Off A Sacramento County Elections Mailer?The calls came in response to 80,000 mailers that began arriving in mailboxes this week. Barbara Wells quickly became suspicious when she got hers.
- Woman Allegedly Set Ablaze By Boyfriend Grateful For Neighbors Who Called 911The El Dorado County Sheriff’s Department says Curtis Menezes poured gasoline and on his girlfriend and set her on fire.
- Raiders Owner Mark Davis Talks SacramentoThe Oakland Raiders’ fate is still up in the air after they gave the NFL gave the option to the Chargers and Rams to move to Los Angeles.
- Bay Area Super Bowl Then And Now—31 Years ApartIt’s a Super Bowl flashback on video. With 2016 San Francisco as its backdrop, highlights shown at a Super Bowl 50 kiosk gives fans a portal back in time.
- Sacramento State Graduate Now Advising Peyton Manning At Super Bowl 50Gregg Knapp is the quarterbacks coach for the Denver Broncos. So what do you tell the guy who knows everything?
- Carolina Panthers’ Shaq Thompson Surprised With FaceTime Chat With MomCarolina Panthers rookie and former Grant High School star Shaq Thompson is getting his shot on a big stage, playing in Super Bowl 50.
- Sacramento’s Farm-To-Fork Restaurants Look For Help To GrowSacramento's farm-to-fork restaurant owners could soon get a new incentive to grow their businesses inside city boundaries.
- Sacramento Mayor Hails Success, Brighter Tomorrow With More High-Tech JobsIn his final State of the City address, Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson predicted there would soon be more high-tech jobs and a Major League Soccer team in Sacramento.
- Woodland Carjacking Suspect Was A Sweatshirt And A Bucket Of ToolsWoodland Police responded to the call with sirens. The caller told police he had been carjacked and driven from Sacramento to Woodland.
- Auburn Mayor Defends Helping VA Patient Smoke Marijuana To Help With ChemotherapyDr. William Kirby is a practicing urologist, and he revealed during a discussion on medical marijuana at the City Council meeting he sent someone to find marijuana on the streets for a patient.
- California Eagerly Awaits Sierra Snowpack Runoff As It Hopes For More SnowAll this snowfall in the Sierra makes sledding fun and easy. the challenge is turning all this fresh powder into a use for the greater good.
- Former Sacramento Players Have A Shot At Super Bowl 50There are now just four teams left vying for the chance to play on Super Bowl Sunday, and we’re taking a look at two players who suited up in Sacramento who are among the survivors.
- Investigator: Boy Shouldn’t Have Been Left Alone With Pit Bulls Before MaulingInside the Linda trailer, he says there were clear signs of 9-year-old Tyler Trammel-Huston’s struggle to escape as he was mauled to death by his sister’s pit bulls while she was at work.
- Father Fears His Family’s In Danger After Mistaken El Dorado County Sheriff’s Facebook PostA Facebook post about a reported attempted child abduction spread quickly, but it turned out to be just a father trying to pick his daughter up after school in the rain.
- Colin Kaepernick’s Hometown Hopeful San Francisco 49ers Coach Chip Kelly Will Boost CareerKaepernick was reportedly done with the franchise, but then the team hired former Philadelphia Eagles and University of Oregon head coach Chip Kelly.
- Sacramento Mayoral Candidates Clash At Forum, But Not Everyone Was InvitedSacramento City Councilwoman Angelique Ashby and former state Senate president pro tem Darrell Steinberg made it clear from their answers that they are offering voters a difference in political approach.
- Deputy’s Drug Arrest May Undo Dozens Of Cases By Yuba-Sutter Drug Task ForceYuba County Sheriff’s deputy Christopher Heath is now a defendant, accused of trafficking 247 pounds of marijuana from California to York County, Pennsylvania.
- Owner Of Blighted Sacramento County Property May Be Facing Criminal ChargesYears of unpaid code enforcement fees and penalties have people living near a problem property frustrated, but the owner could be facing criminal charges.