Steve anchors the news on CBS13 on the weekends and reports during the week.
He has also worked as a morning anchor/weathercaster at KCOY-TV in Santa Maria, sports director at KVIQ-TV in Eureka, and videographer at KEYT-TV in Santa Barbara.
When he’s not working, Steve likes spending time with family and friends, firing up the barbecue, and keeping his fantasy football team at the top of the standings.
Steve’s recent stories
- Prosecutors: ‘Sextortion’ Cases Targeting Young Women At Alarming RateIt was a secret Aria Barker was too afraid to tell anyone.
- People First At Scene Describe Carnage After U-2 Plane CrashOne Beale Air Force base pilot is dead and another recovering after their U-2 spy plane crashed into the Sutter Buttes Tuesday morning.
- Golden 1 Center Project Hearkens Back To Capitol Mall RedevelopmentIn less than two weeks, Golden 1 Center will officially open to the public. The new sports complex is expected to add a spark to Sacramento's sleepy downtown.
- Kings Arenas: Plans Only On PaperThe pictures of past arena plans that failed could fill up a photo album. Former Sacramento supervisor Roger Dickinson has been along for the up and down arena ride.
- Golden 1 Center Increasing Value Of Surrounding Properties By As Much As $180 MillionJust weeks away from opening day, Golden 1 Center is already changing the way downtown Sacramento looks.
- Sacramento Police Chief Announces Retirement Amid Calls For Change In DepartmentIt's a sudden shake-up in the Sacramento Police Department: Chief Sam Somers announced he's retiring, effective December 9.
- Family Searching For Answers After Man Hit, Killed Hours After Leaving HospitalThe family of a man killed after he was hit walking on a Citrus Heights roadway is grieving his loss and searching for answers into what went wrong.
- Supervisor Takes Aim At Blight In South Oak ParkThe battle against crime and blight in South Oak Park is taking a new turn.
- How Will The Golden 1 Center Keep Birds Out?They are a unique feature on the sparkling Golden 1 Center now almost ready to open – the 6-story tall bi-fold aircraft hangar doors, meant to showcase Sacramento’s outdoor lifestyle.
- FBI Dogs Finds Possible Remains Of Kristin Smart On Cal Poly CampusThere is new hope for answers in the murder mystery of Stockton native Kristin Smart. Smart disappeared on her Cal Poly San Luis Obispo campus two decades ago and now the search there is back on.
- Thieves Break Into Developer’s Home And Steal Plans For Controversial Midtown BuildingSacramento developer Ryan Heater says he’s become the target of thieves after building plans and emails were stolen from his home.
- Rancho Cordova Man Says CHP Fix-It Ticket Adds Insult To Injury After CrashA violent crash sent Darold Parcon’s wife and daughter to the hospital. Both suffered concussions, and his wife also broke several ribs.
- Businesses Position Themselves Ahead Of Golden 1 Center OpeningSacramento’s sparkling Golden 1 Center is almost ready to open. And now attention is turning to the rest of the downtown core.
- Turlock Turf Trouble: Debely Stadium Closed Before Start Of High-School Football SeasonThe turf was installed just 6 years ago by a European-based company called MondoTurf as part of a $2.8 million publicly-funded renovation.
- Whites Only: Racist Home Ownership Rules Still On The Books In El Dorado Hills CommunityThe illegal language from included in Lakeside Estates CC&R’s still still distributed to homeowners today, including to some minorities who live there.
- UC Davis Cornerback Could Face Dismissal After Domestic Assault ArrestSenior Patrick Wells, a starting cornerback on the Aggies is now suspended from the team, and could face more discipline from the school.
- Citrus Heights Man Denies He Tried To Impersonate A Police OfficerRancho Cordova Police say Shane Jack was caught with a fake badge, a fake gun, and handcuffs. Police say Jack presented himself as a peace officer to a private security guard.
- Tower Cafe Owner Upset Food Trucks Could Be Coming Near Sacramento RestaurantHe says the intersection on Broadway has too few parking spots, and that he can’t afford to lose customers to weekly food truck events.
- Tuscan Village Owner Gets First Look At Devastation From Clayton FireBrad Terrill owned the Tuscan Village, a complex of buildings that included winery, restaurant, bookstore and housing.
- Men Cling To Cooler, Seat Cushion After Boat Sinks In Lake TahoeThe search and rescue started when people on shore called 911 about calls for help coming from the lake.