Steve anchors the news on CBS13 on the weekends and reports during the week.
He has also worked as a morning anchor/weathercaster at KCOY-TV in Santa Maria, sports director at KVIQ-TV in Eureka, and videographer at KEYT-TV in Santa Barbara.
When he’s not working, Steve likes spending time with family and friends, firing up the barbecue, and keeping his fantasy football team at the top of the standings.
Steve’s recent stories
- Neighbors Warn Illegal Camping On American River Parkway Could Bring Toxic Mess To WaterwaysAdvocates for the parkway are worried illegal camping is not only creating a toxic dumping ground in the water here but as rains come, there will be a toxic discharge downstream too.
- Former Roller Derby Rink Going To Pot? Empty Building Could Be Home To Marijuana Processing FacilityGolden Earth Partners hired a food truck and opened the doors to the Kathleen Avenue building for their proposed pot business to community members.
- Don’t Expect To See Folsom Lake Auxiliary Spillway In Action This YearThe spillway won’t be used, and won’t have an impact on Folsom Lake water releases until a new control manual is approved, possibly early next year.
- Music Store Owner Says City Billed Him After Burglary AttemptA Manteca music store owner is sounding off at city hall after he got a bill for the police response to a series of burglaries at his business.
- High School Coach Benches Himself For Playoff Game After Wild CelebrationThe decision comes after a wild finish in Del Oro’s round one playoff match-up—the Golden Eagles hit a 53-yard field goal to beat Lincoln as time ran off the clock.
- Parolee Reporting Center Could Be Added Near Sacramento MLS StadiumA company in contract with the Federal Bureau of Prisons wants to open a federal parolee day reporting center.
- ‘It’s Okay To Be White’ — Fliers On UC Davis Campus Stir ControversyUC Davis Chancellor Gary May said in an editorial that he's open to dialogue on the campus, but anonymous fliers aren't dialogue.
- Mather Air Park Tripling Amount Of Housing For Homeless Vets In 2018Veterans Village at Mather Air Park in Rancho Cordova provides permanent homes for veterans. Next year it is set to triple in size.
- Dangerous Stretch Of Power Inn Road Getting SidewalksThe Sacramento County Board of Supervisors voted to spend $1.6 million to finally install sidewalks on a mile-long stretch of Power Inn Road, south of Florin Road.
- Crash That Killed Roy Halladay Puts Vacaville Plane Company In SpotlightA tragic plane crash has left retired Major League Baseball star Roy Halladay dead, and ICON facing scrutiny.
- 300 Birds, Pig Seized From Northern California Feed Store Accused Of Mistreating AnimalsMore than 300 birds and a pig are being treated after they were seized by animal control officers from a feed store in Nevada County.
- Push On For Municipalities To Move Investments To Local BanksIt’s a call for local governments to move a billion dollars from national and international banks into local banks for loans to local businesses.
- Doctor Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Elderly Patient In RosevilleDetectives arrested Dr. Narinder Singh Parhar in his Roseville office quietly and without incident.
- October Brought Wildfires, November Brings Threat Of Mudslides With RainThe fires are contained, but now people who live near Northern California fire burn scars are bracing for more trouble.
- Sacramento Schools On Brink Of Potential StrikeThe last strike in the Sacramento City Unified School District was in 1989.
- Sleep Train Arena Taking In Convention Business, For NowCity leaders call it a temporary solution to keep valuable convention clients from leaving town.
- DeMarcus Cousins Returns To Sacramento For One NightFor people in Del Paso Heights, Cousins return is a welcome sight. Away from cameras, Cousins was a constant at Grant High School.
- New Evidence Released In Sherri Papini DisappearanceDeputies are releasing new details, including suspect sketches in the bizarre case of Sherri Papini.
- California Readies For Gas Tax Increase Meant To Repair RoadsStarting Nov. 1, a 12 cent per gallon tax increase will be added to your fuel costs, making California one of the most expensive states in the country to fill up.
- Independent Investigators Looking Into Sexual Harassment At CapitolSenate President Pro Tem Kevin De Leon says he hopes to weed out acts of sexual harassment alleged victims claim are woven into the culture at the capitol.