Steve anchors the news on CBS13 on the weekends and reports during the week.
He has also worked as a morning anchor/weathercaster at KCOY-TV in Santa Maria, sports director at KVIQ-TV in Eureka, and videographer at KEYT-TV in Santa Barbara.
When he’s not working, Steve likes spending time with family and friends, firing up the barbecue, and keeping his fantasy football team at the top of the standings.
Steve’s recent stories
- Turlock Turf Trouble: Debely Stadium Closed Before Start Of High-School Football SeasonThe turf was installed just 6 years ago by a European-based company called MondoTurf as part of a $2.8 million publicly-funded renovation.
- Whites Only: Racist Home Ownership Rules Still On The Books In El Dorado Hills CommunityThe illegal language from included in Lakeside Estates CC&R’s still still distributed to homeowners today, including to some minorities who live there.
- UC Davis Cornerback Could Face Dismissal After Domestic Assault ArrestSenior Patrick Wells, a starting cornerback on the Aggies is now suspended from the team, and could face more discipline from the school.
- Citrus Heights Man Denies He Tried To Impersonate A Police OfficerRancho Cordova Police say Shane Jack was caught with a fake badge, a fake gun, and handcuffs. Police say Jack presented himself as a peace officer to a private security guard.
- Tower Cafe Owner Upset Food Trucks Could Be Coming Near Sacramento RestaurantHe says the intersection on Broadway has too few parking spots, and that he can’t afford to lose customers to weekly food truck events.
- Tuscan Village Owner Gets First Look At Devastation From Clayton FireBrad Terrill owned the Tuscan Village, a complex of buildings that included winery, restaurant, bookstore and housing.
- Men Cling To Cooler, Seat Cushion After Boat Sinks In Lake TahoeThe search and rescue started when people on shore called 911 about calls for help coming from the lake.
- Paramedic Recalls Saving Wounded Search And Rescue Volunteer In Nevada CountyHallam and his crew found bleeding search and rescue volunteer Steve Wolf in the rugged mountains Tuesday night.
- Search Suspended For Gunman Accused Of Wounding Search And Rescue WorkerPlacer County deputies describe the shooting victim, 69-year-old Steve Wolf of Newcastle, as a physically fit, dedicated long-time volunteer of the Placer County search and rescue ground unit.
- Report Details UC Davis Chancellor Linda Katehi’s Obsession With Online ImageInvestigators determined when the UC President asked Katehi about hiring social media consultants, Katehi minimized her knowledge of and role in the contracts.
- Jerk With A Smirk: Police Searching For Man Exposing Himself In Land ParkWomen in Sacramento’s Land Park neighborhood are coming forward to report a man exposing himself to them from a vehicle and pleasuring himself in the process.
- Study: Bulldogs Could Disappear Because Of Extreme InbreedingA new UC Davis DNA study shows they could disappear as we know them because of extreme inbreeding.
- Vallejo Police Call Kidnapping Victim’s Story UnbelievableInside the new court documents Vallejo detective and lead investigator Mathew Mustard, describes his disbelief that the reported kidnapping was real.
- Proposed Modesto Strip Club Fight Laid Bare In LawsuitAcross from the downtown Doubletree Hotel, inside a boarded up sports bar, business owners from Los Angeles have a new plan for nude dancing.
- Father-Daughter Duo In Woodland Who Restores Cars Targeted By ScammersA Woodland father-daughter duo who restores classic cars as their hobby together are speaking out about being targeted in an alleged case of fraud.
- What Are Sacramento’s Chances Of Hosting Next Year’s NBA All-Star Game?The NBA commissioner’s decision to move the 2017 All-Star Game from Charlotte could give Sacramento a shot at hosting the event.
- 15-Year-Old Ban On Liquor Sales In Oak Park, Tahoe Park Could Be LiftedA liquor store ban in one part of Sacramento could be lifted by the city planning and design commission Thursday.
- California CCW Permitting Process Could Soon Get More ExpensiveThere's a new political effort taking aim at California’s concealed weapon permit process.
- Local High School Football Player Gets Big Welcome Home After Suffering Brain InjuryA local high school football player is recovering from a traumatic brain injury that could have left him paralyzed, or worse. He was welcomed home tonight – two weeks after the incident.
- Could Mountain Biking Help Fight Blight On American River Parkway?A ban on mountain biking along sections of the American River Parkway in Sacramento could be lifted this summer.