Steve anchors the news on CBS13 on the weekends and reports during the week.
He has also worked as a morning anchor/weathercaster at KCOY-TV in Santa Maria, sports director at KVIQ-TV in Eureka, and videographer at KEYT-TV in Santa Barbara.
When he’s not working, Steve likes spending time with family and friends, firing up the barbecue, and keeping his fantasy football team at the top of the standings.
Steve’s recent stories
- Video Shows Moments Before Dazion Flenaugh ShootingNew video shows the frantic moments leading up to the deadly officer-involved shooting of Dazion Flenaugh.
- Placerville Declares Emergency After Storm Sends Wastewater Into Hangtown CreekCrews worked overnight to try to stop a bad problem from getting worse. City manager Cleve Norris says the 1 million gallon basin for wastewater overflow is now overflowing itself.
- Woman Says Postal Worker Killed Her Dog With Her Prescription PillsA Fair Oaks woman says the U.S. Postal Service delivered death to her dog.
- Darrell Steinberg Promises Openness As Mayor Of SacramentoIn his first night leading Sacramento's City Council meeting, Darrell Steinberg proposed banning city work on private email accounts, and opening up closed door, ad hoc council meetings to the public.
- Wet, Windy Weather Keeps Sacramento Tree Crews BusyThere is no resting for Sacramento tree companies weathering their own storm of calls for service this week.
- Vandals Shred American Flag At Manteca VFWThe hundreds of veterans who make this their hangout, who get help here, and who have served in combat dating back to World War II, are in a new type of fight here. And they're losing.
- Arden Mall’s Ban On Teens Comes Under Fire From ACLUThe ACLU is criticizing Arden Fair Mall’s decision to ban teens who didn’t have adults with them on the day after Christmas.
- What’s Making Sacramento Firefighters Sick?Hidden Dangers for Sacramento Firefighter-Paramedics inside their own ambulances.
- Modesto Attorney Freed Before Christmas, Still Faces Murder ChargeThe couple hadn't seen each other or spoken in 16 months. She is also a co-defendant in her husbands murder case.
- Big Rig Gets Stuck In Highway 70 Overpass, AgainCaltrans confirms big rigs slammed into the same structure on Highway 70 at 17th Street in Marysville in March and October of this year.
- Arden Fair Mall Store Employees Accused Of Stealing Thousands From RegistersCops arrested Sears employee Rowan Chan for stealing $2,700 from his job, and Macy’s employee Imani Randle for stealing $7,700 from her job.
- Sacramento City Councilman Proposes Portable Solution For Homeless CrisisThe steel-framed units are 160 square feet and include a bathroom, closet, kitchen, and bed.
- Bear River High Students Mourn Classmates Killed In Head-On CrashFriends shared a picture of the best friends who died together in a violent collision while driving after school: Seniors Joe Rantz, the baseball star, and Jude Douden, the band member.
- Missing Teens’ Families Plead For Answers At Woodland VigilThe Yolo County Sheriff's Department is now declaring the disappearance of 16-year-old Enrique Rios suspicious. His friend Elijah Moore's disappearance was declared suspicious last month by Woodland Police.
- Darrell Steinberg Sworn-In As Sacramento’s New MayorSacramento has a new mayor. Darrell Steinberg was sworn into office at the California State Railroad Museum in front of an estimated 1,700 people.
- Mayor Kevin Johnson Gets Brisk Farewell From Sacramento KingsIn a brand new arena, that could have housed a spectacular farewell for Mayor Kevin Johnson, the mayor got an autographed basketball from Kings owner Vivek Ranadive.
- Pilot Remembers John Glenn Before He Became An AstronautSix decades ago, in 1953, both served as fighter pilots in the Korean War, sometimes on the same missions.
- Renovation Project Hopes To Revive Sacramento’s Memorial AuditoriumThe building, exuding strength with its bold bricks and stately columns honors Sacramento’s service members who died in World War I. It was a monument to showcase the best Sacramento had to offer.
- Yolo Reacts To Sherri Papini’s Safe Return HomeIt’s a Thanksgiving Day Miracle. A 34-Year-Old mother missing for three weeks is found alive in Yolo County. Sherri Papini disappeared three weeks ago on a run near her Redding home.
- After Teenage Friends Disappear, Woodland Parents Plead For Their Safe ReturnEnrique Rios, 16, and Elijah Moore, 17, are friends, classmates, and co-workers. They disappeared within weeks of each other.