Steve anchors the news on CBS13 on the weekends and reports during the week.
He has also worked as a morning anchor/weathercaster at KCOY-TV in Santa Maria, sports director at KVIQ-TV in Eureka, and videographer at KEYT-TV in Santa Barbara.
When he’s not working, Steve likes spending time with family and friends, firing up the barbecue, and keeping his fantasy football team at the top of the standings.
Steve’s recent stories
- Yolo Reacts To Sherri Papini’s Safe Return HomeIt’s a Thanksgiving Day Miracle. A 34-Year-Old mother missing for three weeks is found alive in Yolo County. Sherri Papini disappeared three weeks ago on a run near her Redding home.
- After Teenage Friends Disappear, Woodland Parents Plead For Their Safe ReturnEnrique Rios, 16, and Elijah Moore, 17, are friends, classmates, and co-workers. They disappeared within weeks of each other.
- Did Sacramento Metro Firefighter Post Racist Messages On Facebook?One of the Facebook posts references a Trump wall on the border, and suggests building private shooting ranges, allowing American citizens to hone their skills.
- Elk Grove Casino Draws Thousands Of Signatures In OppositionCity clerk Jason Lindgren's job is to count the signatures. Of the 14,000 submitted, 9.000 need to be validated for the petition to qualify.
- Oakland Raiders Uber Fan Dr. Death Makes Cover Of Sports IllustratedRay Perez, in full costume as Raiders alter-ego, uber fan “Dr. Death” will be on the cover for the magazine’s special report titled “Football in America.”
- Father Of Slain Stockton Soldier Says Airline Passengers Booed Him On Flight HomeThe father of a slain Stockton soldier is speaking out after he says his family was booed on the flight to bring his son's body home from Afghanistan.
- Sacramento Affordable Housing Wait List Hits 36,000Rental vacancies in the city are low and rents are hitting all-time highs, making a mess that's never been seen.
- Parents Sue Sacramento School District Over Disturbing Child Molestation ConvictionBehind closed doors in an after school program at Mark Twain Elementary, recreational aide Joshua Vasquez played out his perverted fantasies.
- Signature Drive Fighting $400 Million Elk Grove Casino DealThe ballot talk is over the recently approved $400 million Wilton Rancheria Tribe casino deal with a proposed Elk Grove outlet mall owner.
- Tax Lady Roni Deutch On New Mission Following Legal TroubleThe Attorney General’s Office filed its case in 2010 against Deutch after hundreds of Deutch’s clients said they weren’t getting what they paid for. Then the legal trouble hit and she lost everything.
- City Council Unanimously Passes Sacramento Railyards PlansThe Sacramento city council voted unanimously to pass the long-awaited Sacramento railyards development plans.
- Donald Trump Election Means Change For The Supreme CourtDonald Trump will be appointing at least one new justice to the Supreme Court when he takes office.
- Former Carmichael Summer Camp Counselor Arrested On Child Porn ChargesA former local summer camp counselor is in jail tonight after he was arrested on his college campus facing a long list of child porn charges
- Vandals Smash Stockton Firefighters MemorialStockton firefighters say the monument was found Thursday with new damage, after years of repeated crimes.
- No Trespassing Signs At A Sacramento Public Park?Tucked inside Sacramento's borders, along Arcade Creek, Del Paso Regional Park's historic natural habitat is becoming a nuisance hotspot for people who live nearby.
- Sacramento’s Parrot Planet Rocked By Vandals Twice In A WeekParrot Planet had been hit by vandals throwing river rocks at its storefront windows twice in one week.
- Downtown Sacramento Will Be Home To Market 5-ONE-5, A Farm-To-Fork Offshoot Of Raley’sThe downtown grid is now getting a grocery store, as Raley's plans to open a new brand of grocery store called Market 5-ONE-5.
- Railyards Project Promises New Neighborhoods, But Where Are The Schools?SCUSD spokesperson Gabe Ross says the district wants to build a school in the Railyards, but so far the district and developers have not agreed on land.
- Baby Found Safe After Alleged Abduction That Prompted Amber AlertThe baby's biological mother is in jail, accused of snatching the infant from his crib in a Guerneville home over the weekend.
- Sacramento Railyards Plan Wins Approval, But Not Without School ConcernsThe Sacramento Unified School District’s Chief Operating Officer testified that the district will need a new school site for hundreds of new children expected to move in.