Steve anchors the news on CBS13 on the weekends and reports during the week.
He has also worked as a morning anchor/weathercaster at KCOY-TV in Santa Maria, sports director at KVIQ-TV in Eureka, and videographer at KEYT-TV in Santa Barbara.
When he’s not working, Steve likes spending time with family and friends, firing up the barbecue, and keeping his fantasy football team at the top of the standings.
Steve’s recent stories
- Mail Thefts Mean Stockton Residents Have To Get Mail Direct From Post OfficeThieves have pried open metal doors on the backs of mailboxes, clearing out more than a dozen households of mail in a single hit around Thornton and Davis roads.
- Volunteers Bring Thanksgiving Cheer To Butte Fire VictimsMany of the volunteers preparing the feast are victims of the fire that claimed hundreds of homes. Now many surviving homeowners are finding they don’t have the money to rebuild.
- Galt Flea Market Tents Injure 11 In High WindsAriana Gomez says she was trying to hold on to her family’s tent before the powerful wind forced her to give up.
- Wind Picks Up Tents At Galt Flea Market, Injuring Nearly A Dozen PeopleFire crews say the wind picked up and moved some of the tents, injuring up to six people.
- Roommate Prank Prompts 911 CallThe call to the Sacramento police came in as a home break-in, but the caller found out she was only the victim of a prank by her roommate.
- Japanese Community Rebukes Mayor’s Internment Camp Comparison For Syrian Refugees“I couldn't believe that an elected official in this day and age, could make such a statement,” Marielle Tsukamoto said.
- County Supervisor: Butte Fire Victims Need Money To Help Rebuilding EffortsDonations for fire victims fill the Calaveras County warehouse with plenty of stuff, but Edson says the time has come for more permanent help.
- Syrian Refugees In Sacramento Thankful For Opportunity To Come to United StatesFrom inside his home, Muhammad Dawarah and his wife show photos of his brother and his 8-year-old nephew. Both were killed in the Syrian civil war he and his wife fled with their five children.
- Grant High Rallies For Fallen Teammate, Wins Playoff Opener 35-0Senior Jaulon Clavo, known as JJ, wore No. 5 for the Grant High Pacers. He was shot and killed on Friday before a playoff game and a teammate was wounded.
- Website Helps Reunite People With Stolen PropertyThe treasured 1952 Telecaster guitar was stolen 20 years ago. But he has confidence he can find it now and reconnect the cut ties to his father.
- Sheriff: 2 Shot Dead In Possible Dispute Over Family InheritanceThe shooting happened just after 5 p.m., and deputies say it may have been a dispute over an inheritance.
- North Highlands Residents Say Stray Cats Have Taken Over NeighborhoodTalking to people who live in the neighborhood, they say these stray cats have taken over the street. So many, some are even keeping their own pets inside for safety.
- Couple Who Lost Home To Butte Fire Now Contending With Cold, Wet ConditionsIt’s a one-two punch for people who live in this burn zone—already burnt out of their homes, now this storm had them bracing for what could come next.
- Burst Pipe At Treasurer’s Office Creates Second Big State-Owned Mess In 3 MonthsThey didn’t want reporters inside the Treasurer’s building to see the mess, calling the California Highway Patrol to escort CBS13 cameras out, saying the public building wasn’t public at that time.
- Sacramento Police Chief Praises Arrest Of Spencer Stone Stabbing SuspectJames Tran, 28, is accused of attempted murder in the Oct. 8 stabbing of Spencer Stone in Midtown Sacramento.
- Sacramento State Student Recovering From Tapeworm In His BrainHis brain is still recovering after doctors performed a surgery for a diagnosis no one would have expected.
- Hope For Raiders Staying In Oakland May Come From SacramentoHe’s now a regular at Oakland City Council meetings trying to stop the Raiders from moving to Los Angeles.
- Former Congressional Candidate Admits Sending Death Threats To HerselfKaren Davis is now facing federal charges for lying to investigators about two death threat letters she said she received during her failed 2014 campaign.
- 2 Arrested As Sacramento City Council Approves Minimum Wage Increase To $12.50 By 2020The Sacramento City Council voted 6-3 on Tuesday to increase the city’s minimum wage to $12.50 by 2020 after a last-minute compromise.
- Folsom Police Defend Pursuit Policy After Crash Injures Mother, Child In VanSteve Carignan's daughter and granddaughter will be OK. Looking at the wreckage, he’s grateful.