Steve anchors the news on CBS13 on the weekends and reports during the week.
He has also worked as a morning anchor/weathercaster at KCOY-TV in Santa Maria, sports director at KVIQ-TV in Eureka, and videographer at KEYT-TV in Santa Barbara.
When he’s not working, Steve likes spending time with family and friends, firing up the barbecue, and keeping his fantasy football team at the top of the standings.
Steve’s recent stories
- Attorney In Bizarre Vallejo Kidnapping Case Worried Justice Isn’t Being ServedThe case that Vallejo Police called a hoax is taking another surprising turn as the victims believe more kidnappers could be going free.
- Sacramento Preparing For Golden 1 Center Parking SurgeGearing up for the grand opening of Golden 1 Center, the Kings’ new downtown home court has evolved from a vision to an actual view.
- Roseville Teen’s Tour Of California Finish Has Cycling World BuzzingNeilson Powless has only been a road cyclist for a year, and suddenly everyone in the sport knows his name.
- Family Furious Funeral Home Re-Sold Mother’s PlotThe plot was sold to another family that bought four plots side-by-side, and the plot meant for their mother is now taken.
- Could Kiss Revive Long-Shuttered Corner Of Cal Expo?The band is promising to bring in new business and throw a concert if Cal Expo approves the plan.
- Sacramento Police Warn Thieves Targeting Asians Who Don’t Speak EnglishYunlong Huang, 65 was a big winner after 20 minutes of Pai-Gow at the Lotus Casino on Sacramento’s Stockton Boulevard. Then he lost it all.
- Why Did A Sacramento County Candidate Take Her Opponent’s Sign?A neighbor took pictures of Teresa Stanley and posted them to social media, but it turns out the picture may not tell the whole story.
- Sacramento High School Student Wounded In Drive-By ShootingSchool staff were the first to jump into action to help treat his bullet wounds as he went to the campus for help.
- Police: Student Wounded At South Sacramento Bus StopTwo people were at a bus stop when they were shot at, police say. A student was injured in the shooting.
- Masked Gunman Robs Sacramento Hindu Temple’s KitchenA place of prayer and peace was shaken by a violent encounter with a masked gunman.
- Sacramento Fire Calls New Gender-Neutral Bathrooms A Common Sense MoveThe decision was made separately from the push by California lawmakers, and the department says it was based on common sense.
- Bernie Sanders Brings Optimism To Sacramento Before Stockton RallyBernie Sanders took the stage to a crowd of thousands of delighted supporters, with many capturing the moment for themselves with cellphone cameras raised high.
- Stolen McKinley Park Rose Trellis Found In Natomas Wedding PhotosAn anonymous tip from someone at the Natomas backyard wedding led to the location of the stolen $6,000 trellis that was taken from the McKinley Park rose garden last weekend.
- East Sacramento Family Worried After Fourth Car Speeds Into YardThe intersection outside their home is where cars routinely speed, not always ending up there they intended.
- Has Donald Trump Changed The Way Presidential Candidates Campaign?He’s proven his critics wrong with a style that’s all his own that’s gotten him votes.
- Grant High Student Eyes Law Enforcement Career To Help Del Paso HeightsInside the hallways of Grant High School, he’s the kid everyone seems to know. Mention the name Johnny Coleman and the reaction is instant.
- Roseville Teacher Arrested In Decades-Old Child Molestation CasesThe mugshot shows James Carroll, teacher and youth minister, in the same white t-shirt he was wearing when cops surrounded his home for the surprise arrest.
- Ruhstaller Blames Bureaucracy For Solano County Shutting Down FarmCustomers at the Ruhstaller brewery farm and yard are now being turned away over permit problems.
- Sacramento State Professor Emeritus Excited To See Harriet Tubman On $20 BillIf money talks, then this is a whole new conversation.
- State Employee Accused Of Molesting Teen At Roseville GymPaul Lauterjung turned himself into police. Now the 61-year-old faces heinous allegations that the husband and father and longtime Roseville resident molested a teenage boy.