Jennifer McGraw is elated to join the CBS13 News Team and officially be back in her home state! After leaping across the country, reporting from Idaho to Kentucky, she says there’s no place like California.
While she is a Los Angeles native, Jennifer is no stranger to NorCal as a Gator alum. She graduated from San Francisco State University with a degree in journalism and a minor in political science. Jennifer accepted her first broadcasting job in Idaho Falls, Idaho. It was there she became multi-faceted, shooting and gathering the news under deadline, all while trying to juggle a tripod, camera, and multiple cellphones.
Next stop, Boise! With its many rivers and mountain ranges, Jennifer was enamored with the natural beauty of Boise and became a Boise State Broncos lifer. However, it was KBOI where she would also report on a series of wildfires, and win a Press Club Award for catching charity thieves.
Then it was off to horse capital of the world, Lexington, Kentucky, for her next job. Jennifer was part of award-winning coverage of the Kentucky Derby with LEX18. During her three years there she worked breaking news on a daily basis and brought local stories to a national audience by covering stories that included a town washed away by floods, to the controversial Rowan County clerk jailed for not issuing same-sex marriage licenses.
A self-starter and driven, Jennifer is a people person at heart and has what it takes to get answers for CBS13 viewers. She is excited about being a part of the local community, along with her beloved dog Bug.
Jennifer’s recent stories
- Woman Reunited With First Responders Who Rescued Her From DUI CrashA young woman lived to tell after a suspected drunk driver rolled into a canal and left her for dead.
- Norovirus Outbreak Forces Closure Of Three Yolo County SchoolsIt's now a four-day weekend for students, but it's no holiday for the district that needs an extra day to clean during a massive outbreak.
- Yolo County Struggles To Fight Norovirus As Cases Climb To 3,200The number of Norovirus cases have exploded and officials are trying to decide how to combat the spread and may even have to shut down schools.
- Family Thankful First Responders Saved Woman From Sutter County CrashA Marysville family is praising Sutter County first responders for rescuing their daughter who was trapped underwater after a suspected DUI crash.
- Record Snow And Rain Swallows Lake Tahoe’s BeachesEven with all this water the lake still hasn't peaked. Experts believe the snow melt will make it rise about a foot by the end of July.
- ‘Summer Of Spark’ Aims To Bring Spirit Of Burning Man To SacramentoIt's a group of campers who will come together for an overnight stay at Gibson Ranch, something it desperately needs.
- FFA Funding On The Chopping Block In California Budget TalksUnder the governor's current budget, $15 million that helps fund FFA and other career education programs would be redirected to community colleges.
- Mobile Pet Grooming Business Rocked By ThievesFor nine years Jenni Cardoza has run her Affordable Mobile Pet Grooming business right out of her van. That's until last week when thieves drove off with everything she owned.
- California Bill Could Open Door For Pro-Choice License PlatesA bill introduced would allow drivers to purchase a specialty plate making it the first politically motivated offering in California.
- Roseville Attorney Snagged In Facebook Teen Sex StingDeputies arrested two men for allegedly trying to meet up with a teen for sex. One is an attorney.
- Sacramento Couple Says ‘I Do’ On Mount EverestClimbing to new heights, the couple marked two off their list by also tying the knot more than 17,000 feet up.
- Body Found Inside Roseville Home After FireNeighbors heard the explosion and assumed the worst for a man described as a good neighbor.
- Deadly Officer-Involved Shootings Prompt Highway 50 ClosureA woman was allegedly being assaulted by a man, choked, and dragged out of her car. Officers tried to detain the suspect, but deputies say he fought back and took off running.
- Police Looking For Man Who Tried To Abduct Toddler From Sacramento ParkPolice are searching for the suspect who allegedly tried to take off with a 3-year-old playing in a Sacramento park in front of her father.
- Man Thankful For Good Samaritans Who Pulled Him From Burning VehicleJonathan Sullivan doesn't remember much about that evening while driving home from work. It was a multi vehicle crash off Highway 65 and I-80 Tuesday.
- Roseville Man A Decade Into Crafting Lightsabers For Star Wars FansThe famed galactic sword comes in all shapes and sizes, but perhaps one of the most coveted among enthusiasts is made right here in Northern California.
- Why Do So Many Winding Levee Roads Lack Guardrails?Nearly one year ago, the bodies of Karla Jackson's son 23-year-old son Kyler and her 1-year-old granddaughter Kaylee were found in the Sacramento River.
- El Dorado County Teen Arrested For Stepfather’s MurderAfter deputies found the body, they then tracked down the alleged suspect in the victim's truck not too far from the crime.
- Modesto Boy Pushing For All-Inclusive Awesome Spot PlaygroundThe sand at the jungle gym that’s at least 30 years old isn’t the only issue, but getting on the swings is virtually impossible. The new playground will allow people to strap their wheelchair right in and fly.
- Janet Mejia Remembered By Friends As Roommate Awaits Murder TrialJanet was a Sacramento State grad with aspirations of becoming an interpreter for the deaf. Many of her fellow volunteers even came to support and sign at her celebration of life.