Kayte is the co-host of The Drive alongside Carmichael Dave and Nate Goodyear in addition to her role as the sideline reporter and analyst for the Sacramento Kings.
Kayte grew up in Northeastern California on a 750-acre cattle ranch that has been in her family for almost 90 years. She earned a full scholarship in 1998 to play basketball for the University of California Santa Barbara where the Gauchos won 4 straight conference titles. She was named the Big West Conference player of the year and UCSB female athlete of the year in 2002 in addition to being a two-time Kodak Academic All-American.
She received a degree in Classical Civilizations and planned on pursuing her PHD in Classics hoping to continue on and eventually teach when she was drafted 40th in the 2002 WNBA Draft to the Phoenix Mercury.
After a back injury cut short her six seasons in the WNBA she took a job with the Kings as a pre, half and post game TV analyst and that effectively changed her course and began what has been a 10 year broadcasting career working with the Sacramento Kings, ESPN, Phoenix Suns, azcentral sports/NBC 12 News and Sports 1140 KHTK to name a few.
When she’s not talking sports, Kayte enjoys gardening, building and refinishing furniture, trips to Napa, Santa Barbara and returning back to her family home in Jess Valley, CA to work on her family’s ranch (they still use her for free labor and heavy lifting) and being mom to her mini-dachshund Mischa and rescue dog Bagel who both rule her world!
Kayte’s recent updates
- Kayte Christensen: Let’s Just File This Under Stupid Things Sports Fans DoSan Antonio Spurs fan files a lawsuit against the Golden State Warriors and Zaza Pachulia in the aftermath of Kawhi Leonard's Game 1 injury.
- Kayte Christensen: Zaza Pachulia – The Closeout Heard Round The WorldThe Drive's Kayte Christensen calls bull on Gregg Popovich's Zaza Pachulia rant for one reason and one reason only....Bruce Bowen.
- Kayte Christenen: It’s Painfully Clear Who Will Be The 2017 NBA ChampionsI hate it when I'm wrong but after Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals it's painfully clear who's gonna be crowned the 2017 NBA Champions.
- Kayte Christensen: Seahawks’ Frank Clark Doesn’t Get It Now, Never WillSeahawks DE Frank Clark attacks a reporter who wrote a piece about domestic violence. The Drive's Kayte Christensen shares why this incident struck a very personal cord with her.
- Kayte Christensen: Voters Got It Right – Mike D’Antoni and Erik Spoelstra Both Deserve Coach Of The Year RecognitionThe NBA Coach of the Year Award ended up working out just the way it should have. Kayte Christensen talks about why Mike D'Antoni and Erik Spoelstra were both the right choice.
- Kayte Christensen: Conflicting Reports Surround Brandon Roy ShootingThere are conflicting reports surrounding the Brandon Roy shooting first reported by a Seattle TV station. As the story continues to develop having Roy's name back in the media serves as a reminder of how a gruesome injury robbed basketball fans of witnessing a superstar on the rise according to The Drive's Kayte Christensen.
- Kayte Christensen: Roger Goodell Continues To Prove How Un-woke He Really IsCommissioner Roger Goodell provides the most moronic un-woke take on the use of marijuana in the NFL while ignoring real facts about the most troubling things plaguing the National Football League.
- Kayte Christensen: NBA Playoff Team Payrolls – Who’s Getting The Most Bang For Their BuckThe Drive's Kayte Christensen takes a look at the NBA playoff field's team payrolls to examine who's getting the most bang for their buck and which players are committing highway robbery.
- Kayte Christensen: I’ve Got Mine, Who’s Your 2017 NBA MVP?The NBA regular season wraps up this week. There’s been a major debate brewing for weeks now as to whom deserves the award. I personally believe LeBron James is the best player in the world… […]
- Kayte Christensen: Let’s Put It To Rest, Michael Jordan Is The G.O.A.T.We got into a brief conversation on The Drive this morning about scoring leaders in the NBA that sparked something in me. Russell Westbrook leads the NBA this season with 31.8 points per game. He […]
- Kayte Christensen: Potential New NFL Rules Are LaughableNFL owners held their annual meetings this week in Phoenix, Arizona. Other than devastating Oakland Raiders fans by approving the Raiders move to Las Vegas, they spent time mulling through rule changes on Tuesday. Here […]
- Kayte Christensen: When Will Professional Athletes Fight Back Against Supplement CompaniesKnicks Center Joakim Noah has been suspended 20 games for violating the NBA’s anti-drug policy. When I saw this headline I was immediately shocked because I couldn’t fathom what could possibly get Noah suspended for […]
- Kayte Christensen: LeBron James The Latest To Take Issue With LaVar BallWe've already seen LaVar Ball, father of UCLA standout and top NBA prospect Lonzo Ball, get loose with some of the greats like Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley.
- Kayte Christensen: One Parent Is Sucking The Joy Out Of March MadnessMarch Madness is in full swing. Brackets are in. Millions and millions of eyes are on college basketball to witness what may be the best time in the sports world. We’ve debated back and forth […]
- Kayte Christensen: Answers To Your Looming Kings QuestionsIt’s hard to believe there are just 15 games left in the Sacramento Kings’ season. There’s been a lot of change on this team over the course of the last few weeks leaving a lot […]
- Kayte Christensen: Mike Francesa Can Take A Long Walk Off A Short CliffMike Francesa, the self-proclaimed king of New York sports radio, has been a fixture in the business for years. Early this year he announced he would be leaving WFAN at the end of the 2017. […]
- Kayte Christensen: Why I Disagree With Candice WigginsCandice Wiggins came out recently and had some very interesting and inflammatory remarks about the WNBA and her experience during the course of her 8-year career.
- Kayte Christensen: Gender In Sports – Past, Present, FutureA self-professed "Tomboy" - The Drive's Kayte Christensen discusses the role of gender in sports in the past, present and future.
- Kayte Christensen: Brady, Ryan, Goodell – Oh My!Which matchup is the more intriguing? Tom Brady vs. Matt Ryan or Tom Brady vs. Roger Goodell?
- Kayte Christensen: NBA All-Star Weekend To Provide Plenty Of DramaThe writing was on the wall in early July 2016 when Kevin Durant announced he was leaving the Thunder.