Kayte is the co-host of The Drive alongside Carmichael Dave and Nate Goodyear in addition to her role as the sideline reporter and analyst for the Sacramento Kings.
Kayte grew up in Northeastern California on a 750-acre cattle ranch that has been in her family for almost 90 years. She earned a full scholarship in 1998 to play basketball for the University of California Santa Barbara where the Gauchos won 4 straight conference titles. She was named the Big West Conference player of the year and UCSB female athlete of the year in 2002 in addition to being a two-time Kodak Academic All-American.
She received a degree in Classical Civilizations and planned on pursuing her PHD in Classics hoping to continue on and eventually teach when she was drafted 40th in the 2002 WNBA Draft to the Phoenix Mercury.
After a back injury cut short her six seasons in the WNBA she took a job with the Kings as a pre, half and post game TV analyst and that effectively changed her course and began what has been a 10 year broadcasting career working with the Sacramento Kings, ESPN, Phoenix Suns, azcentral sports/NBC 12 News and Sports 1140 KHTK to name a few.
When she’s not talking sports, Kayte enjoys gardening, building and refinishing furniture, trips to Napa, Santa Barbara and returning back to her family home in Jess Valley, CA to work on her family’s ranch (they still use her for free labor and heavy lifting) and being mom to her mini-dachshund Mischa and rescue dog Bagel who both rule her world!
Kayte’s recent updates
- Kayte Christensen: LeBron James The Latest To Take Issue With LaVar BallWe've already seen LaVar Ball, father of UCLA standout and top NBA prospect Lonzo Ball, get loose with some of the greats like Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley.
- Kayte Christensen: One Parent Is Sucking The Joy Out Of March MadnessMarch Madness is in full swing. Brackets are in. Millions and millions of eyes are on college basketball to witness what may be the best time in the sports world. We’ve debated back and forth […]
- Kayte Christensen: Answers To Your Looming Kings QuestionsIt’s hard to believe there are just 15 games left in the Sacramento Kings’ season. There’s been a lot of change on this team over the course of the last few weeks leaving a lot […]
- Kayte Christensen: Mike Francesa Can Take A Long Walk Off A Short CliffMike Francesa, the self-proclaimed king of New York sports radio, has been a fixture in the business for years. Early this year he announced he would be leaving WFAN at the end of the 2017. […]
- Kayte Christensen: Why I Disagree With Candice WigginsCandice Wiggins came out recently and had some very interesting and inflammatory remarks about the WNBA and her experience during the course of her 8-year career.
- Kayte Christensen: Gender In Sports – Past, Present, FutureA self-professed "Tomboy" - The Drive's Kayte Christensen discusses the role of gender in sports in the past, present and future.
- Kayte Christensen: Brady, Ryan, Goodell – Oh My!Which matchup is the more intriguing? Tom Brady vs. Matt Ryan or Tom Brady vs. Roger Goodell?
- Kayte Christensen: NBA All-Star Weekend To Provide Plenty Of DramaThe writing was on the wall in early July 2016 when Kevin Durant announced he was leaving the Thunder.
- Kayte Christensen: The Intersection Of Sports, PoliticsWhen public figures, especially athletes and people in the realm of sports, start discussing and sharing their political views it elicits, almost unilaterally, the same response: "STICK TO SPORTS!"
- Kayte Christensen: Flopping & Fines In The NBAKayte's question is…will the NBA assess the standard $5,000 fine to Mr. Gasol?
- Kayte Christensen Challenges You To Put Down Your Phone And Be Present In 2017Don’t call it a resolution, call it a personal revolution
- Kayte Christensen: ‘The 49ers Are Moronic’Kayte Christensen from "The Drive" talks the 49ers and why she believes they aren't doing well this season.
- Kayte Christensen: It’s Time To Stop The HazingIt’s sad that steps have to be taken to legislate this out of sports, but it’s about damn time it happened.
- Kayte Christensen: The Case For, Against ‘Rest’ In The NBAI feel for the fans. It’s aggravating to pay top dollar to see super star caliber players then find out they’ll be on the sidelines in street clothes. And this league is all about the fans.
- Kayte Christensen: Are The Kings Better Off Without Gay, McLemore?The Kings put together one of their best offensive and defensive quarters of the season by outscoring Los Angeles 39-13 in the third quarter, all while playing without starters Ben McLemore and Rudy Gay (both left the game in the first half with injuries).
- Kayte Christensen: Get Rid Of Those Participation TrophiesKayte explains why coaches like Gregg Popovich and Jeff Walz are more inspiring than a participation trophy.
- Kayte Christensen: Dear Draymond, Let’s Get A Few Things Straight…Draymond Green has always been known as a physical player but he took that physicality to another level in the 2015-16 playoffs by junk punching opponents.
- Kayte Christensen: Is Replay Hurting NBA More Than Helping?Video replay is becoming more and more important in the NBA, but at what point does it turn into the NFL, where Replay kills momentum.
- Kayte Christensen: Why I’m Rooting For The CubsHere's why Kayte's rooting for the guys who haven't won in more than 100 years.
- Kayte Christensen: Advanced Statistics Are Getting Out Of ControlAdvanced stats can be a great help for front offices to evaluate talent, but this is getting ridiculous.