ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – The Red Cross is figuring out a way to help a family that was left homeless after a fire Wednesday morning.
The fire happened along the 1600 block of Loon Lake Street. Firefighters got to the scene a little after 4:30 a.m. and found the garage of a home on fire.
Crews say the homeowner reported that he opened the door and a bunch of smoke went inside the home – forcing firefighters to break several windows to try and release the smoke.
Firefighters put out the flames, but the home has been left uninhabitable.
A man and his two sons were in the home at the time. All three made it out safely, while the man’s wife was at work in her overnight shift as a nurse at the time.