On our show today, (the Lo-Down) Monday-Friday 12-3, shameless plug, we decided to make three bold predictions for the NFL season involving both the San Francisco 49ers and the Oakland Raiders. Keep in mind they were intended to be BOLD, and so most likely will be wrong, but here goes anyway:
1) They will start three different starting quarterbacks this year: We know that Blaine Gabbert is the starter. I believe that Colin Kaepernick will get a chance to start and for that matter, I think even a third quarterback will start a game before the 16 games are done.
2) The 49ers will have the first pick in the 2017 NFL draft and Trent Baalke will not be making the pick: I see this as a very tough year for Chip Kelly and San Francisco. I think they will have the worst record and pick first next season. I think Chip Kelly will survive the down year but Baalke will not.
3) The attendance will dip again and fall into the bottom 1/3 of the NFL: This has been dropping lately and I think you will see more red seats than fans if this season goes as I believe it will.
1) Khalil Mack will win Defensive Player of the Year: He is already one of the best defensive players in the NFL and now he will get acknowledged as such.
2) Michael Crabtree will lead the Raiders in rec, yards and TD’s: I love Amari Cooper, and I think opposing defenses do as well. Crabtree nearly lead Oakland in these 3 categories a year ago but I think he will actually do it this year.
3) A huge breakout season for Clive Walford: The second year tight end will be a big part of the Raiders offense and with the other weapons around, he should really thrive.