INDIANAPOLIS (AP) – The NCAA has relocated its men’s basketball regional tournament to Greenville, South Carolina, after withdrawing the event from Greensboro, North Carolina, because of that state’s law restricting the rights of LGBT people.
The NCAA announced the move Friday after pulling seven championship events from North Carolina last month. The first and second rounds of the men’s basketball tournament will be played at the Bon Secours Wellness Arena.
The NCAA also announced the relocation of the following events:
– the Division I women’s soccer championship to San Jose, California.
– the Division III men’s and women’s soccer championships to Salem, Virginia.
– the Division I women’s golf regional championships to Athens, Georgia.
– the Division III men’s and women’s tennis championships to Chattanooga, Tennessee.
– the Division I women’s lacrosse championship to Boston.
– the Division II baseball championship to Grand Prairie, Texas.
Copyright 2016 The Associated Press.