Girl Suffers Burns While Making Slime

ROCKLAND, Mass. (CBS) — A girl from Massachusetts recently suffered chemical burns while making got burned while making slime. Her story has prompted a safety warning to parents.

Kathleen Quinn was making the extremely popular goop when, she says, her hands started hurting. Concerned, her parents took her to the hospital, where doctors said she’d received second and third-degree burns.

It was determined that the burns came from the extended handling of Borax, which is an ingredient in homemade slime. It left blisters on her hands.

Quinn is expected to make a full recovery.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS13 | CBS Sacramento

Get Our App
Get The CBS Sacramento Weather AppGet the latest radar, CBS13 AppCasts and hour-by-hour forecasts. You can also send your weather pics.

Watch & Listen LIVE