Carlos Correa is an Emmy-nominated reporter and multimedia journalist. He helps cover our community through the Stockton News Bureau.
Carlos was born in Cali, Colombia and raised in Chicago. He has worked in local television news for the past 15 years, covering breaking news and a wide variety of stories.
Before moving to CBS13, Carlos was a reporter and fill-in anchor for CW6 San Diego covering the military and the U.S./Mexico Border. He won an Excellence in Journalism Award at the San Diego Press Club in 2015.
Carlos also worked as a multimedia journalist and weekend anchor for KERO-TV, the ABC affiliate in Bakersfield, California. He served as a news director and anchor for KRWG, the PBS/NPR stations in Las Cruces, New Mexico / El Paso, Texas. He also worked as a reporter and anchor for KOLR-TV, the CBS station in Springfield, Missouri while teaching part-time at Missouri State University.
Carlos was the Iowa bureau reporter for KTVO, the ABC affiliate in Kirksville, Missouri where he won a total of ten Iowa Broadcasting News Association Awards for Spot News, General Assignment, In-depth/Series, Health and Political coverage.
He began his career as a field producer for WMAQ, the NBC station in Chicago.
Carlos is excited to be part of the Stockton News Bureau and the CBS13 family.
Carlos’s recent stories
- Escaped Mental Patient From Waives Extradition Back To HawaiiRandall Saito waived his right today for extradition, telling us just yesterday that he escaped from the state hospital because he was being mistreated.
- Hawaiian Mental Patient Says He Escaped Because He Didn’t Feel SafeThe psychiatric patient who escaped from a state hospital in Hawaii, boarded a plane to California, and ended up in Stockton, spoke out from his jail cell today.
- Stockton Residents Relieved After Escaped Hawaiian Mental Patient’s ArrestThe manhunt is over after a psychiatric patient who escaped a state hospital in Hawaii was arrested in Stockton on Wednesday.
- Who Is Larry Itliong? Publisher Hopes To Shine Light On Filipinos’ Role In California HistoryThe writers behind the books are Filipino Americans and two of them grew up in Stockton. The illustrator is a California artist who has created art and designs for Disney.
- Stockton Group Teaming Up To Help Mexico Earthquake VictimsYenderina Gutierrez Castro is one of the survivors of the devastating magnitude-7.1 earthquake that hit central Mexico almost two months ago.
- Mural Dedicated To Black Men Killed By Police Painted Over In Oak ParkThe artwork was taken down by owners who say they thought it was vandalism left on the side of their building.
- Faith Leaders Look For Ways To Curb Violence In StocktonIn Stockton, the number of homicides for this year has already reached 46.
- Instead Of Birthday, Family Planning Funeral For Child Killed In Drive-By ShootingXavier Smith, 5, was a member of the Central Valley Jets. He was gunned down in his front yard in a suspected drive-by shooting.
- Stockton Group Looks To Close Cycle Of Gun ViolenceSTOCKTON (CBS13) — Community organizers in Stockton are teaming up to help families impacted by gun violence. On Monday, the doors to the new Movement Empowerment Center will officially open, providing residents hope in a […]
- Older Stockton Building Will Be Transformed Into Artist LoftsDevelopers are turning the 90-year-old Medico-Dental building into the Medici Artist Lofts, creating 33 units, most of which will be affordable housing.
- GPS Monitor Leads Police To Suspected Gun ThievesOfficers say they received several tips after a gun shop in Fresno was burglarized almost two weeks ago, one tip led them to Stanislaus County.
- School Hopes Outdoor Science Can Bring Brighter Future For Stockton StudentsThe school's principal introduced them to an outdoor science camp located in the Stanislaus National Forest. The only problem is the $22,000 cost to send 90 students to the three-day camp.
- Stockton’s Miracle Mile Hoping To Make Financial Recovery From Miserable SummerOver the summer, the district faced a lot of setbacks including nine businesses evicted for having a long list of fire safety code violations.
- Boy’s Senseless Shooting Death Modesto Leaves Modesto Community In ShockXavier Smith, 5, brought so much love to his home in Modesto. He was a very active boy who knew just how to light up a room.
- Massive Marijuana Greenhouse Under Construction In Yolo CountySmart Cannabis made the announcement, saying once the project is complete, it will be one of the largest legally-permitted sites in the state.
- Protesters Rally Outside Congressman Denham’s Office After Budget VoteRep. Jeff Denham is one of the Republicans who voted to approve the plan that includes cuts and caps on Medicaid and Medicare.
- Three Generations Of Family Building Strong Foundation Under One RoofBarbara Aguilera of Stockton is celebrating 15 months of being drug-free. We met her over the summer, along with her daughter, Lindsey, and granddaughter, Sareen.
- 42 Dead In Stockton: Despite Holding Steady, Murder Rate Remains A ConcernThe number of criminal homicides is tied with the number of homicides at this time last year – and is expected to rise.
- Suspect Dead After Lodi Police ShootingOfficers were in the middle of a routine traffic stop when a man inside the car pulled out a weapon.
- Will Stockton Airport Add San Francisco To Its Name?The Stockton Metropolitan Airport is working to change its name to the San Francisco-Stockton Regional Airport, and not everyone is happy about it.