Family Escapes Hoverboard Fire Thanks To Their Safety Planning

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) – Authorities say a Portland family escaped their house after a hoverboard caused a fire.

The Oregonian/OregonLive reports (https://goo.gl/5JSZM3 ) the fire started at the foot of the stairs in a home in Southwest Portland Tuesday afternoon.

Portland fire spokesman Lt. Damon Simmons says a boy was trapped upstairs but escaped using a collapsible ladder according to the family’s fire escape plan.

Simmons says no one was injured.

Simmons says it wasn’t clear if the hoverboard exploded or otherwise caught fire.

More than a half million hoverboards were recalled in July 2016 after several caught fire or exploded.

Simmons says the boy’s father extinguished the flames before firefighters arrived.

Officials continue to investigate.

 

Copyright 2017 The Associated Press.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS13 | CBS Sacramento

Get Our App
Get The CBS Sacramento Weather AppGet the latest radar, CBS13 AppCasts and hour-by-hour forecasts. You can also send your weather pics.
Follow Us On Facebook

Watch & Listen LIVE