Affordable Care Act News
Latest Sacramento Affordable Care Act News
California’s health exchange says more than 1.2 million Californians enrolled in private insurance plans by the initial deadline earlier this week.
On the deadline to sign up for health coverage through Covered California, some hearing-impaired residents were sent to a chat line offering ‘hot ladies’ instead of an insurance navigator.
Whether it’s a chance for a subsidy or to avoid a tax penalty, Californians are making a last-minute dash to sign up for health coverage.
Carolyn Lawson, the former chief information officer for the Oregon Health Authority, says managers at the Health Authority and the insurance exchange, known as Cover Oregon, “privately threatened and publicly scapegoated” her.
The company has made three payments of $3,700 each. Each check has been cashed by Covered California, yet no account numbers or cards have been delivered.
- Steady Affordable Care Act Sign-ups May Miss Goal 03/11/2014
- Another CBS13 Viewer Says Doctors Denying Covered California Plan 02/19/2014
- Man’s Back Surgery On Hold As Doctors Deny Covered California Coverage 02/18/2014
- Covered California Setting Aside $200M For Future Potential Deficit 02/09/2014
- Oregon Health Exchange Director Resigns Following Website Problems 01/02/2014
- Deadline Monday For ACA Coverage Beginning On January 1 12/22/2013