Bay Bridge – Business
Latest Sacramento Bay Bridge – Business
It’s been a long time coming, but crews are finally putting the finishing touches on the new east span of the Bay Bridge, with it expected to open on Monday night.
The Bay Area Toll Authority has agreed to spend $5.6 million to host a public celebration of the Labor Day opening of the Bay Bridge’s new eastern span.
It’s been called the step-child of the mighty Bay Bridge: the East Bay span sees no crowds of tourists taking snapshots, but they may remember the segment that failed.
The new Bay Bridge isn’t just giving new life to the Bay Area, it’s also giving many of the workers building it a new beginning.
The Bay Area is watching the new Eastern Span of the Bay Bridge go up piece by piece, but there will be parts that won’t be stamped “Made in America.” In this Good Question: Why are portions of the new Bay Bridge being made in China?
- Bay Bridge Handles First Day Of Traffic, First Accident, And New Pedestrian Path 2013/09/03
- Bay Bridge Opening Monday Night, Ahead Of Schedule 2013/09/02
- Toll Agency OKs $5.6M For Bay Bridge Celebration 2013/02/14
- New Bay Bridge Span May Improve Oakland’s Image 2013/02/03
- Job Training Center Gives 2nd Chance To Workers Building Bay Bridge 2013/02/03
- Good Question: Why Are Parts Of The New Bay Bridge Made In China? 2012/10/11