Bay Bridge – Engineering
Latest Sacramento Bay Bridge – Engineering
It’s been a long time coming, but crews are finally putting the finishing touches on the new east span of the Bay Bridge, with it expected to open on Monday night.
The new eastern span of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge opens nearly 25 years after the Loma Prieta earthquake damaged the old span.
“This is the last major hurdle that we need to get over to get this bridge open,” said spokesman Andrew Gordon. “There is a tremendous amount of excitement. Everyone is feeling very confident, and we are on track.”
California transportation officials were expected to announce Thursday whether the new eastern span of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge will open on Labor Day as planned or be delayed for months as feared because of broken safety bolts.
Plans to open the new eastern span of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge as scheduled on Labor Day got a boost from federal officials.
- Opening Of New Bay Bridge Span Delayed Until At Least December 2013/07/08
- Governor Brown Says Opening Of New Bay Bridge Span May Be Delayed 2013/05/20
- Steel Tendons In New Bay Bridge Were Exposed To Salt Water 2013/05/19
- Gov. Brown On Bay Bridge Concerns: ‘S*** Happens’ 2013/05/07
- Finding Solution To Snapped Bay Bridge Bolts Could Take Weeks 2013/04/10
- Hidden Tunnel Reveals Engineering Secrets Of The New Bay Bridge 2013/02/27