California Drought Desk
- Water Board Tells San Francisco To Stop Taking River Water It Stores In Hetch Hetchy The State Water Resources Control Board ordered the cutback under its latest round of notices that waterways are too dry to meet demand in the drought.
- California Drought Forces Fish Evacuation Water temperatures at the American River hatchery were approaching dangerous levels for the rainbow trout, putting their lives in danger. So, for the second year in a row, they will have to be evacuated.
- California Drought Making Home Buyers Think Twice About Properties He says more and more, home buyers want to know all about the water, including how much they can use, what are the watering rules, where the water is coming from and how stable that source is.
- San Juan Water District Cutting Customers' Water Pressure To Meet Drought Goals With water agencies across the state under pressure to meet conservation goals, the San Juan Water District is cutting back by reducing water pressure for some customers.
- With Temperatures In The Triple Digits, How Can You Stay Cool In The Drought? Rhea Serran with the city of Sacramento’s water conservation department says you can use your hose to cool off, with one caveat.
- Irrigation District Sues State Water Resources Control Board Over Drought Restrictions A judge will rule whether the Banta-Carbona Irrigation District in Tracy can continue taking water from the San Joaquin River without getting fined.
- Drought Leaves Dangers For Boats On California Lakes And Rivers The low water levels are causing hazards that some boaters aren’t paying attention to, keeping local repair shops busier than they normally would be this early in the summer.
- Report: Homeless Campers Could Create Devastating Nevada County Wildfire A new report out of Nevada County paints a grim picture for the fire season, warning that homeless campers could create the perfect storm for a catastrophic wildfire.
- Sacramento State Slashing Water Use While School's Out The director of sustainability and plant operations on the campus says grounds crews have shut down more than 750 sprinkler heads around campus, saving 2.4 million gallons of water a year. The sprinklers that are in use are now controlled remotely,...
- Water Will Continue To Run At California City That Was Days From Running Out The city's sole source of water was in danger of being cut off due to a water rights curtailment.