California Drought Desk
- Is Southern California Sucking Northern Water Supply Dry During Drought? If you think the aqueduct is sending water from Northern California to Southern California, you may be in for a surprise
- California Drought Could Wipe Cities Off Map If Their Water Runs Out Before visiting Tulare County, a place where wells have gone dry and some people are living in third-world conditions, we went to a place deep in the Mojave Desert that offers a dire warning of what can happen when the water runs out.
- District Manager: California Drought Curtailments Meant Wasting 100 Million Gallons Of Water McCloud Community Services District General Manager Wayne Grigsby claims 100 million gallons of water went to waste, and it’s all the State Water Resources Control Board’s fault.
- California Water Rights System Is A Century-Old Knot That Will Be Difficult To Untangle The most ancient of California’s water rights are locked away in a dusty old safe. Some of the documents date back more than a century.
- California City: How A Developer's Failed Dream Became The State's Biggest Water Waster A glance on Google Earth shows it’s a 200-square mile community of just 14,000 people. By land area, it’s the third-largest city in the state. But it’s miles of empty land.
- California Drought Renews Focus On Capturing, Recycling Stormwater The first stop was the largest nursery in Southern California, Altman Plants, but it wasn’t for the plants. It was to see how one of the Los Angeles-area’s biggest water users was able to cut water use in half.
- California Drought Provides Fertile Ground For Silicon Valley Water Innovation California’s drought is a lucrative business opportunity in Silicon Valley, as a flood of high-tech startups are finding new ways to save water.
- Sacramento Cracking Down On Tall Grass As Fire Danger Increases During Drought City officials say they warn more than 7,000 property owners a year to clear out property filled with high weeds and debris. Those who don’t can now expect to face a hefty penalty.