California Drought Desk
- David Hasselhoff Cited For Ignoring Water Restrictions In California California Governor Jerry Brown warned businesses and residents that they would be cited if water restrictions were not followed during the drought.
- As Wells Run Dry In California Drought, Stanislaus County Offers Free Water To Homes The county says it started noticing the people running out of water weren't using the water for farms, they were using it for their homes.
- California Winemakers Rushing To Vineyards Early As Drought Tightens Harvest Window Vineyards bustled with workers across Amador County on Friday as many scrambled to harvest grapes that were ready weeks before they should be.
- Folsom Redwoods' Problems Go Beyond California Drought After years of drought, he says about 25 percent of the city’s redwoods are “under stress” and outgrowing their space.
- Barge Part Of Plan To Keep Water Flowing From Folsom Lake During California Drought A barge made up of a few large floating platforms linked together with pumps links to the city of Folsom are part of a plan they hope to not use.
- Even With Wet El Nino, Repeat Of 1997 Floods Unlikely With Region Better Prepared Forecasters caution even if a strong El Nino develops, it’s far from a guarantee for relief from the drought. But if a wet winter materializes, memories of widespread flooding in 1997 are on the minds of many.
- California Drought Has Sacramento Tree Leaves Dropping Like It's Fall In August The colors and conditions usually don’t show up until October when the weather gets cooler. A tupelo tree with bright red leaves last week in Rancho Cordova is bare now.
- Los Angeles Dumps 96 Million 'Shade Balls' In Lake To Protect Water In Drought City officials this week dumped the last 20,000 of 96 million black balls into the Los Angeles Reservoir in Sylmar, 25 miles northwest of downtown.