- Call Kurtis: Experts Warn Of Battery Hazards Hiding In Homes It’s a hazard that may be hiding in your junk drawer – batteries. Storing them incorrectly can cause your house to catch fire.
- Call Kurtis: Consumer Groups Fighting Bill That Discloses Recalled Cars She was even more surprised to learn, the law does not specifically bar dealerships from selling used cars with open recalls. Consumer advocate Rosemary Shahan has spent years trying to get laws passed forcing dealers to make the repairs.
- Call Kurtis: My New Home Has A Defective Door Neighbors say they’re having issues with their new homes. They say it has to do with the keyless locks on the back doors.
- Call Kurtis: My New Fridge Destroyed My Food Six months after buying their Samsung fridge, Kristen Morris says it suddenly just stopped working. The warranty covered the refrigerator repair, but Kristen said Samsung would not cover the cost of the food she lost.
- Call Kurtis: I Paid To Renew A Magazine, Where Is It? When a notice of renewal from Subscription Billing Service showed up in the mail, Ron paid it by sending them a check for $89.95. But, he said the magazine stopped being delivered.
- Call Kurtis: Pharmacists Concerned Employer Pressure Leads to Prescription Errors CBS13 has learned the California Board of Pharmacy has fined pharmacies a thousand times in the past two years for prescription errors.
- Call Kurtis: Insurance Company Takes Six Months To Pay Stolen Car Claim Jodi Johnson’s Toyota Tundra was found abandoned and burned 40 miles from her Rio Linda home in Marysville. She says despite reporting it in June to her insurer Progressive, they took six months to evaluate her claim.
- Call Kurtis: Moldy Front-Loading Washing Machines Subject Of Class Action Suits It's helped tackle dirty laundry, using less energy, less water, and less detergent. However, front-load washing machines may be triggering more service calls, more trouble, and more lawsuits than manufacturers ever expected.
- Call Kurtis Investigation: Can Websites Fight Traffic Tickets? Rick was trying to beat a red light, but the traffic ticket he received in the mail shows he did not. So, he turned to Ticketbust.com, a website that claimed it has “…helped more people successfully contest and dismiss their traffic ticket than any...
- Call Kurtis: Why Am I Being Charged For 2 Trucks For 1 Move? They charged her $450 for a small van to drive her stuff from the street to her apartment several hundred feet into the complex.