- Call Kurtis Investigates: As Many as 1 in 50 Death Certificates May Have Mistakes Weeks after his death, she realized Sutter Memorial Hospital made a mistake marking his death on his death certificate as July 14th, instead of July 15th.
- Call Kurtis: My 49ers Ticket Turned Out To Be A Parking Pass! Talley Soriano was excited to find a 49ers ticket for the Thanksgiving Day game against the Seattle Seahawks. After she bought it, she called Ticketmaster, the company behind the ticket exchange. It was only then that she realized her seat wasn't...
- Call Kurtis Investigates: Cracks In Some GM Dashboards CBS13 found videos of cracked GM dashboards, and dozens of crashed dashboard complaints online from across the country involving GM Avalanches, Suburbans, Tahoes, Yukons, Silverados and Sierras.
- Call Kurtis Investigates: Are Restaurant Tablets On The Table Spying On You? "Is this a camera or something" our undercover producer asked a Chili’s server. "Oh no, it's not," she answered. Despite what the Chili's server is telling our producer, there is a camera on the restaurant's tablet on the table.
- Call Kurtis: United Booked Minor, Then Wouldn't Let Him Fly United Airlines wouldn't let 11-year-old Adam Handal onto a plane with his 15-year-old sister -- even though the airline booked them both their flights over the phone!
- Call Kurtis: Why Is It Taking So Long To Get My DMV Legacy Plates? Working to restore his 1968 Firebird, Tony Mayorga was among the first to pre-order a 60's style black and yellow California license plate, when the DMV announced in 2013 they may bring back the legacy plates.
- Call Kurtis: Did I Really Fail Smog? A Free Way to Find Out Lakisha Green said a smog station took her money, but didn't do the whole smog test. When she said they refused to refund her money, it was time to Call Kurtis.
- Call Kurtis Investigates: Thieves Can Use Smartphones to Clone Your Keys I decide to test it out with my own house key. San Francisco based KeysDuplicated.com requires you to upload images from the front and back of the key. The cost is $6 for the first key which you can pay by credit card. Within three days, my key...
- Call Kurtis: Where's the Jewelry I Put In My Safe Deposit Box? Consumers rent safe deposit boxes to keep important things safe -- but Prasad said the key didn't work, and when Chase drilled it open, her jewelry wasn't there.
- Call Kurtis: Avis Charged Me $6,000 After My Rental Car Was Stolen Sanchez filed a police report and alerted Avis. She had piece of mind knowing she paid Avis extra for the loss damage waiver that gives you extra protection when you rent a car. She says with no explanation Avis billed her nearly $6,000. Because she...