- Call Kurtis: What To Know Before Hiring Home Inspector You hire a home inspector to make sure everything is OK with the house you’re buying, but the reality is that anyone, even you, can go out tomorrow and claim to be a home inspector.
- ITT Technical Institutes Shutting Down After Federal Sanctions This comes after a group that accredits ITT found that the chain failed to meet several basic standards and was unlikely to comply in the future.
- Call Kurtis Investigates: TV Doctor Faces Patients in Court Dr. James Martin, who is a chiropractor, faces twelve felony account including practicing medicine without a license, and grand theft for taking thousands of dollars from eleven patients.
- Call Kurtis Investigates: TV Doctor Arrested for Practicing Medicine Without a License Dr. James Martin wore scrubs and a lab coat while appearing on the show as he claimed he could help people with weight loss, hair loss and thyroid issues and diabetes.
- Clerical Error Prevented Action Against Tour Bus Driver in Deadly Crash CBS13 has learned a clerical error kept the California DMV from taking further action against Mario Vasquez’s driver’s license.
- Driver In Deadly Tour Bus Crash Lost License Briefly In 2015, But Drove Anyway David Mario Vasquez did have a valid commercial driver’s license on Tuesday at the time of the crash that killed four people, but for a couple of months last year, he didn’t because of a serious traffic violation.
- Company In Deadly Bus Crash Had More Than 50 Violations In 2 Years According to federal records, inspectors found violations on April 28 for having “no or a defective brake warning device.”
- Call Kurtis: A Facebook Love Story That Turned Into A Sweetheart Scam A Sacramento senior thought she had found love online but found out a little too late she was scammed.
- Call Kurtis Investigates: I Won the Powerball. Why Won't the State Pay Me? A Rocklin couple says their Powerball payout is stuck between state agencies and no one could say when they’d get their winnings.
- Call Kurtis: Do I Need Insurance For My Toilet? Carter Edson has been paying for water and sewage insurance protection for years, just in case something goes wrong.