Health Topic Center
CBS Sacramento Health News
- VIDEO: 40-Pound Woman Suffering From Anorexia Stands For The First Time In Months Rachel Farrokh, a woman suffering from a severe case of anorexia made a video asking people to help her get to a hospital in California for treatment.
- Study: Fishy Smells Make People More Skeptical Researchers found that a fishy smell may trigger parts of the brain that control critical thinking.
- Supreme Court Upholds Nationwide Health Care Law Subsidies The Supreme Court has upheld the nationwide tax subsidies under President Barack Obama's health care overhaul, in a ruling that preserves health insurance for millions of Americans.
- Model Claims She Lost Her Leg From Toxic Shock Syndrome Due To Tampon Kotex is being sued after a model claims she got TSS after using the Kotex Natural Balance Tampon.
- Researcher: Virtual Reality Can Change How Kids Play In The Real World Researchers at Stanford University are testing how children react to Virtual Reality simulations and whether they can separate those experiences from real life.
- Study Of ER Visits Suggests Lack Of Follow-Up Care No one wants to make a repeat visit to the emergency room for the same complaint. But new research suggests it's more common than previously thought -- and people frequently wind up at a different ER the second time around.
- UPS Employee Accused Of Stealing Veterans' Pain Medication Nathaniel Kirschman, 20, was arrested at his home off of Oxbow Court after Calaveras County sheriff’s deputies and Veterans Affairs investigators say they found several UPS packages addressed to local vets at his home.
- Study: Colors You Remember May Not Be The Colors You Saw Researchers say the brain is unable to store in memory all the shades of colors that our eyes can distinguish.
- Google App Counts Calories From Your Food Photos Google app uses Instagram photos to estimate the calories in food.
- Bills Take Aim At Smoking Age, Where E-Cigarettes Are Sold In Calif. he California senate passed a bill today that would raise the legal age to buy cigarettes from 18 to 21 years old. Lawmakers are also going after e-cigarettes.
- Sacramento Gym Prepares Athletes For Pro Sports By Tony Lopez CBS SACRAMENTO— It’s a local gym where future professional athletes are born. The drive is very much alive for Sacramento-area sports stars trying to get the attention of college and professional scouts. Their footwork is...
- Natomas Hopeful Second Ambulance Could Be Coming Soon Chris Andrew of Sacramento’s firefighters union says the fire department’s goal is to have an ambulance at the scene of life-threatening calls in eight minutes or less. But with one ambulance serving 100,000 Natomas residents, that doesn’t always...
- Wal-Mart Bottled Water Comes From Sacramento Municipal Supply According to the label, the water comes from the Sacramento Municipal Water Supply. This comes on the heels of Starbucks opting to move sourcing and production of its Ethos bottled water from California to Pennsylvania.
- Sacramento Woman May Hold Key To Cure For HIV, AIDS In the world, 35 million people are living with HIV or AIDS. Most take a myriad of drugs to suppress the disease from wreaking havoc on their immune system. Loreen Willenberg is one of those 35 million, but in the 23 years since she was diagnosed,...
- It's YMCA 'Healthy Kids Day' This Saturday YMCA CEO Kevin Washington sat down with CBS New York's Chris Wragge what it's all about.