WATCH: CBS13 News Is On NOW
Health Topic Center
Title CBS Sacramento Health News
- What Has The Affordable Care Act Accomplished A Year Later? With almost a year under its belt, has the Affordable Care Act impact as many people as it originally set out to?
- Enterovirus D68: What Every Parent Should Know Parents should be prepared for a new virus that is infecting the Midwest and looking to sweep the nation.
- FDA Approves Weight-Loss Drug Contrave U.S. regulators are greenlighting a new weight-loss drug called Contrave, the third in a string of approvals for anti-obesity treatments.
- Experimental UC Davis Therapy Treats Depression With Magnets To Head Deep transcranial magnetic stimulation sends magnetic waves through your brain, targeting areas that cause problems such as obesity, obsessive-compulsive disorder and bipolar disorder.
- Income Checks Knocking Californians From Health Care Plans To Medi-Cal Some Californians who purchased individual health coverage through the state's insurance exchange are suddenly being dropped or transferred to Medi-Cal, the state Medicaid program for the poor that fewer doctors and providers accept.
- Income Verification Throwing Some Californians Off Health Plans Some Californians who purchased individual health coverage through the state's insurance exchange are suddenly being dropped or transferred to Medi-Cal, the state's Medicaid program for the poor.
- CVS Changes Name, Stops Tobacco Sales Early As CVS sharpens its focus on customer health, the nation's second-largest drugstore chain will tweak its corporate name and stop the sale of tobacco nearly a month sooner than planned.
- Algae Taking Over San Joaquin County Delta Waterways Could Pose Health Risk It's green and smelly, and now health officials say it's also toxic. San Joaquin County's algae problem is so bad the health department issued a warning today.
- California's Mentally Ill Inmates To Get Special Units State corrections officials on Friday agreed to shift mentally ill inmates into separate specialized housing that will offer them more treatment instead of placing them in the same isolation units as other inmates, a decision that marks a major shift...
- Dogs Get The Blues When Youngsters Go Back To School Young people aren't the only ones who get back-to-school blues. Pooches used to months of constant playtime can get upset when their best buddies disappear with the dog days of summer.