Political Blog Progressive
Latest Sacramento Political Blog Progressive
This New Year ushers in a new Congress and a large Freshman class. Here’s hoping that new faces create needed change on the Hill.
Congress refused to vote for relief for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. The first Republican President famously said “a house divided against itself cannot stand.” The same holds true for the Republican Party today.
At midnight, not only did the ball drop in Times Square, ushering in a New Year, but Congress dropped the ball on delivering the country meaningful deficit reduction.
If Congress manages to pass a feeble, last minute, deal on taxes it will be a deal that is long overdue. All of this could have been avoided.
Members of the House of Representatives bolted town on Thursday after rejecting a plan advanced by House Speaker John Boehner.
More than a month after the election, things continue to get worse for the GOP brand. The lead Republican spokesperson during the fiscal cliff negotiations, House Speaker John Boehner, has a 34 percent approval rating. President Obama has a 54 percent approval rating.
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Unique Sunglasses For Summer Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Father's Day Gift Ideas Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Long Live The Kings Rally
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... News Photos Namaste: Yoga Poses For... 2013 Draft Lottery Party
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Board Of Governors Vote Party... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts