Latest Tournament News
- Five Things: Wichita, Arizona Win Big Games Saturday’s slate was incredible, and some of the biggest and best games are recapped below. In many conferences, regular season concluded this past weekend, meaning the league tournaments are set to begin (some as early as tomorrow).
- Brad Waldow Delivering The Goods For Saint Mary's While winning the regular season WCC is out of the question, Saint Mary's gets a shot at winning the conference tourney (March 5-10 in Paradise, Nevada), something that would automatically qualify the Gaels for March Madness and the big dance.
- UConn Routs Notre Dame 79-58, Wins 9th Title Geno Auriemma and UConn reached the top of women's college basketball in unprecedented fashion. After winning a record ninth national championship - they stand alone. The Huskies reached the pinnacle in style, routing Notre Dame in the first NCAA...
- Rising Star: Kentucky Guard James Young Young scored 20 points for Kentucky last night, twice as many as the next highest-scoring Wildcat, in a 60-54 loss to Connecticut. This was Young's ninth 20-plus point game and he led Kentucky with 17 in the Final Four win over Wisconsin.
- Five Things: UConn’s Defense, Foul Shooting Fuel Championship Last night, the Huskies cut down the nets in Dallas after beating Kentucky 60-54 to win the school's fourth national championship. Consider that Kentucky needed four straight late escapes to reach the final and you get a sense for what kind of...
- Connecticut Wins NCAA Title, 60-54 Over Kentucky Shabazz Napier scored 22 points and Connecticut won its second NCAA title in four years, beating all those Kentucky freshmen 60-54 in the championship game Monday night.
- National Championship Matchup: #8 Kentucky Vs. #7 Connecticut No. 8-seeded Kentucky stunned No. 2-seeded Michigan in the Elite Eight and shut down Wisconsin’s Frank Kaminsky and the Badgers offense in the Final Four.