Best Local College Basketball Players
- Rising Star: Arizona Forward Dusan Ristic With all the talent on the floor for last Saturday’s Arizona-Utah game, it was a freshman reserve who made the difference.
- Rising Star: Colorado Forward Wesley Gordon If Colorado head coach Tad Boyle could hang out for a night with only one of his players, he’d call Wesley Gordon. Boyle says the redshirt sophomore has a great sense of humor and keeps things light.
- Rising Star: Stanford Guard Marcus Allen Marcus Allen says he learned some “tricks” training with renowned hoops instructor John Lucas in Houston this past summer, but there’s nothing gimmicky about his transformation this season.
- Rising Star: Oregon Forward Dillon Brooks Having grown up in Mississauga, Ontario, and wanting more competition and exposure, Dillon Brooks planned to spend his final two high school years playing for basketball powerhouse Findlay Prep in Nevada.
- Rising Star: Washington State Forward Josh Hawkinson There may not be a player in the country who has benefited more from a coaching change this season than Hawkinson.