Best Local College Basketball Players
- Can Chasson Randle And The Cardinal Make Some Noise? In his final season with the Cardinal, Randle is the utensil which stirs the pot for Stanford, which headed into play this week with an overall mark of 18-10 (lost to Oregon on March 1 73-70) and 9-7 in league play.
- Brad Waldow Delivering The Goods For Saint Mary's While winning the regular season WCC is out of the question, Saint Mary's gets a shot at winning the conference tourney (March 5-10 in Paradise, Nevada), something that would automatically qualify the Gaels for March Madness and the big dance.
- Rising Star: Arizona Forward Dusan Ristic With all the talent on the floor for last Saturday’s Arizona-Utah game, it was a freshman reserve who made the difference.
- Rising Star: Colorado Forward Wesley Gordon If Colorado head coach Tad Boyle could hang out for a night with only one of his players, he’d call Wesley Gordon. Boyle says the redshirt sophomore has a great sense of humor and keeps things light.
- Rising Star: Stanford Guard Marcus Allen Marcus Allen says he learned some “tricks” training with renowned hoops instructor John Lucas in Houston this past summer, but there’s nothing gimmicky about his transformation this season.