CBS13 News at 10
- Deadly Day Claims Lives Of Deputies In Sacramento, Placer CountiesSacramento County Sheriff’s deputy Danny Oliver and Placer County Sheriff’s deputy Michael Davis Jr. were shot and killed by suspects in separate, but related incidents. A third deputy was wounded, as well as a man who was carjacked.
- Placer County Sheriff’s Deputy Killed 26 Years To Day Of Father’s On-Duty DeathJust hours after Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones confirmed the death of deputy Danny Oliver, Placer County Sheriff Ed Bonner would make his own emotional announcement.
- Car Salesman In Critical Condition After Attempted Carjacking By Deputy Shooting SuspectsA critically wounded car salesman is fighting for his life at an area hospital following Friday's shooting spree that left two deputies dead and injured another deputy.
- Manhunt For Deputy Shootings Suspects Throws Auburn Community Into ChaosAs the manhunt for the suspect was going on, Herb and Patsy Shrum had a sense the commotion was coming their way.
- Utah Police, National Guard Face Penalties In Bikini Video Shoot Promoting CalendarMaj. Gen. Jeff Burton told lawmakers Thursday that the handful of Guard members involved could face fines, demotions or forced retirements when an investigation is complete.
- Previous Multiple Fatality Incidents Involving California Law EnforcementOther shootings that ended in multiple law enforcement deaths in California:
- UPDATE: Two Deputies Killed In Sacramento, Placer Counties; Suspect In CustodyAuthorities are saying that at least three officers and one civilian have been shot in two different incidents Friday.
- Placer County Sheriff Press Conference Transcript On Death Of Det. Michael Davis Jr.A transcript of the press conference announcing the death of a second deputy as the result of multiple shootings on Friday.
- Campaign 2014: Spending On Proposition 45, Proposition 46 Tops $100 MillionOpponents of Proposition 45, led by Kaiser Foundation Health Plan Inc., Wellpoint Inc. and Blue Shield of California, reported spending $42 million, with the campaign carrying $25 million in debt. The Yes on 45 campaign, led by attorneys, reported raising $1.6 million.
- Castrated Sex Offender Should Be Freed, Southern California Jury SaysJurors in Orange County determined that Kevin Reilly, 53, does not need to remain locked up at a state mental hospital. He could be released as early as Friday, his lawyer said, but online jail records show he remained in custody as of mid-afternoon.
- Blue Alert For Placer, Sacramento County Deputy Shootings Is Seventh One Issued StatewideThe program, which has been active since 2011, is activated when a law enforcement officer has been shot and the suspect is still at large.
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’The nominations for Album of the Year at next year's GRAMMYs will also be announced during the broadcast.
- Groundbreaking For New Kings Arena To Happen WednesdayThe Sacramento Kings will be officially breaking ground on their new arena on the same day they kick off the 2014-15 season, the team announced Friday.
- #Trending In Entertainment: Avengers Trailer Leaked & Is That Renee Zellweger?This week, a major motion picture trailer leaks, a Hollywood favorite looks different, and a famed fashion designer dies.
- TLC Cancels Its ‘Honey Boo Boo’ SeriesThe TLC network says it is canceling "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo," its colorful series about a young beauty pageant contestant and her family.