CBS13 News at 10
- Refugees Fleeing ISIS Come To Sacramento, Give ThanksFrom the outside, it looks like the folks inside Arcade Church are simply serving up and enjoying a nice Thanksgiving dinner.
- Davis Police: Felon Had Loaded FirearmsPolice say that officers serving a search warrant found loaded guns in the possession of a convicted felon.
- Bear Cub Found Badly Burned To Return HomeA black bear cub being treated by a Lake Tahoe nonprofit after it was found badly burned will soon be on its way home.
- Driver Killed In Crash Along Calvine RoadPolice say that a driver was killed after a crash along Calvine Road early Saturday morning.
- Firefighter Charged With Killing Lover’s HusbandA Southern California firefighter has pleaded not guilty to charges that he killed his lover's husband.
- Storms Raise Hope For Relief From California’s DroughtHours of steady rain Saturday from northern California's third winter storm in a week raised hopes that the state was moving out of its driest three years in history - while still deeply locked in drought.
- Deaf Players An Inspiration For Downey High Teammates, Fans During Postseason RunFriday was the biggest game of the season for Downey High School. They faced state powerhouse Grant High School in the second round of the playoffs.
- No Toilet, No Rent: Sacramento Family Not Paying While Bathroom Is A Gaping Hole In The FloorGene Paiz’s family has lived in the home for nine years, and he says they’ve never missed a rent payment. But now he refuses to pay up, until he says his landlord fixes up his home.
- Cal Fire Is Looking For New Firefighters—Here’s What You Need To Know To ApplyThe job requires being able to handle physical stress and having endurance while being able to adapt to different sleep cycles—sometimes only 6 to 8 hours in 72 hours of work.
- Auburn Police Officers’ Wives Take To Streets To Support Husbands They Say Need BackupShe and two-dozen other wives of Auburn Police officers demonstrated at the courthouse on Friday, saying department cuts are jeopardizing their husbands’ and the community’s safety.
- Call Kurtis Investigates: As Many as 1 in 50 Death Certificates May Have MistakesWeeks after his death, she realized Sutter Memorial Hospital made a mistake marking his death on his death certificate as July 14th, instead of July 15th.
- Folsom Doctor Killed In Single-Plane Crash Amid Foggy Conditions In Humboldt CountyDr. Douglas Pleatman, 59, is a very well-known doctor in the area and owned an urgent care center for several years. Before that, he spent 23 years as an emergency room physician at Mercy Folsom Hospital.
- Leaf Piles Beware: The Claw Is Patrolling The Streets Of Sacramento Through JanuaryLike a prehistoric dinosaur chewing up branches, The Claw was unleashed on unsuspecting plant debris in gutters that could cause flooding.
- Tahoe Ski Resort Owners Welcome Fresh Powder, Keep Hopes Alive For White Winter“Were expecting Mother Nature to cooperate,” she said. “We'd really like to have that, but we have a state-of-the-art snowmaking system and to get us open today it took a huge effort.”
- Sacramento Santa Parade Kickstarter Effort Lagging, Only 10 Percent Raised So FarThe Santa Parade in Sacramento is struggling to get the money it needs, meaning the event is likely to be canceled.