CBS13 News at 10
- Melted Glacier Sends Miles Of Mud Down Mt. ShastaCrews are working to clear two roads on Northern California's Mt. Shasta after a glacier melted or shifted, sending mud and debris down the mountain.
- 5th Madera County Jail Escapee CaughtA fifth man who escaped a Central California correctional facility has been captured, authorities said Sunday.
- Drought Expected To Continue Into Next Year Across West, Forecasts ShowFederal forecasters say severe drought or worse will continue into next year across much of the West, including parts of western Utah, most of Nevada and practically all of California.
- Officials: 10 Homes Destroyed In King FireNearly three-dozen structures were destroyed in a massive Northern California wildfire that continues to spread more than a week after it started, officials said Sunday.
- Smoke From King Fire Cancels Ironman Tahoe EventsIronman races in Lake Tahoe were canceled on Sunday due to smoke and unhealthy air quality from a northern California wildfire.
- Gov. Brown Signs Clean-Air Vehicle LegislationGov. Jerry Brown signed into law several bills designed to boost use of clean-air vehicles in California.
- Massive King Fire No Deterrent For Couple’s Big DayEven with a 81,994 acre wildfire in their way, Jamie and Roman Rudy were determined to make their wedding work.
- 55 Tons Of Trash Pulled From California WaterwaysState officials say some 55 tons of trash was removed from the California's drought-stricken waterways during the Great Sierra River Cleanup.
- Brown Signs Bill On Car Surcharge For Bike LanesGov. Jerry Brown has signed a bill allowing local governments to impose a vehicle registration surcharge to pay for bike lanes and trails.
- Man Killed In Shooting Along Citrus Heights StreetPolice say that a man is dead after a shooting and car crash along a Citrus Heights street late Friday night.
- Man Killed In Fiery Crash In Rancho CordovaAuthorities are investigating a crash in Rancho Cordova that took the life of a man early Saturday morning.
- Teams Assess Damage As King Fire Continues To BurnAssessment teams hope to get an idea Saturday of just how many structures have been damaged or destroyed by a massive wildfire that threatens thousands of homes in Northern California.
- Authorities: 5 Inmates Escape From Madera County JailAuthorities in Central California are on the hunt for five inmates who have escaped a correctional facility.
- King Fire: Homeowners Return To Find Nothing Left Of Homes Burned In El Dorado CountyPotentially dozens of homes have been destroyed by the blaze in El Dorado County. Fire officials will not confirm that homes have been destroyed until inspectors go through, but homeowners in the area shared their address with us to get a firsthand look.
- Surveillance Video Shows Teen Suspects Behind Dozens Of Sacramento County BurglariesBurglary suspects are kicking in doors, and Sacramento County Sheriff's deputies say surveillance video shows two teens who are possibly behind a dozen break-ins.