CBS13 News at 10
- CHP Officer Accused Of Forwarding Nude Photos Of Woman He BookedCourt documents show a California Highway Patrol officer is suspected of secretly sending nude photos of a DUI suspect from her cellphone to his own phone.
- Oldest Giraffe At Six Flags Discovery Kingdom DiesThe oldest giraffe at a Northern California amusement and animal park has died.
- Call Kurtis: Why Your Warranty May Not Last As Long As You ThinkOften when you buy something, there's a warranty. But when Louis Margolies said the three-year warranty for their recliners expired early, it was time to Call Kurtis.
- Denair Murder Mystery: Who Killed Two People Found In Burned-Out Car In Orchard?The charred remains were found by farmers off of East Monte Vista Avenue and have not been identified.
- Sacramento Church Deals With Stigma Of EbolaThe move was prompted because they traveled from a part of west Africa labeled as an Ebola hotspot, though it raises concerns about an Ebola stigma.
- Three Elk Grove Restaurants Robbed In Two Days Likely By The Same SuspectThe Little Caesars on Laguna Boulevard in Elk Grove was hit on Wednesday, the Subway on Florin Road was hit later in the night in South Sacramento. On Tuesday, the Tops Yogurt was robbed for the second time in a month.
- Sacramento Home Prices Growing At Slower Price, Easing Concerns Of Growing BubbleIt appears more people are ready to start selling in Sacramento, taking advantage of the rise in home prices, as 35.8 percent more homes are on the market compared to this time last year.
- WATCH: ‘Avengers 2: Age of Ultron’ Trailer Leaks A Week EarlyThe trailed features narration by James Spader, who will play the villain in "Avengers 2: Age of Ultron," menacingly talking about puppets and who has strings holding them back.
- California Prisons Will No Longer Segregate Inmates Based On Race After RiotA settlement reached Wednesday says future lockdowns "may not be imposed or lifted based on race or ethnicity." A copy of the settlement was obtained by The Associated Press.
- Sonic Drive-Ins Owned By Alizadeh Family Closed In Roseville, Woodland, Yuba CityThe restaurants are owned by Abe Alizadeh, a notorious local restaurant owner with a bad financial record. More than 70 Jack In The Box restaurants he owned closed after he declared bankruptcy and owed millions of dollars in unpaid taxes.
- California Capitol Protest Highlights Deaths At Hands Of Law EnforcementWednesday's march was one of many across the country that was organized by The Coalition To End Police Terror. Organizers tell CBS13 that the protest from Ferguson, Missouri, is now spilling onto the steps of the Capitol.
- Tracy Man Records Confrontation With Police Over Recording SWAT ExerciseHe says he stumbled on a SWAT training exercise in Tracy on his way home. After recording this video for a few seconds, he stopped. The second video shows the officers asking for Stevenson’s identification, and claiming a pocket knife he had was a concealed weapon.
- Search For Missing Former Harlem Globetrotter Scaled Back In Yolo CountyDeputies have searched a 27-mile stretch of State Route 16 since Rico Harris' car was found at the Yolo County Parks Lower Site parking area. He was last seen on Oct. 10.
- California Company Fined $25 Million In Work-At-Home SchemeU.S. District Judge Dean Pregerson banned The Zaken Corp. on Wednesday from advertising or selling work-at-home business opportunities in the future.
- Cover Oregon Debacle Winding Down As Final Ties Between State, Oracle Are CutOregon had planned to salvage some of the Oracle-built portal to enroll people in Medicaid, but officials have now decided to scrap that project as well and will use another state's Medicaid enrollment system instead.