Ian Schwartz comes to the great state of California from Albuquerque, NM where he was a reporter and a weathercaster. In New Mexico he covered fires, floods, rain and snow storms in just about every corner of the state. Before living in New Mexico, Ian worked in Peoria, Illinois.
Ian got his start in television as a broadcast journalism major at Arizona State University where he honed his reporting skills at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism. Ian is a Phoenix native.
Right now Ian is a student of meteorology through Mississippi State University’s distance learning program gaining the knowledge he needs to best forecast the weather.
When Ian isn’t working he enjoys traveling, seeing movies, dinning out, cooking and spending time with his family in Arizona.
Ian is excited to be living in Sacramento and wants to tell your stories!
Feel free to send him an email with story ideas or just to say hi!
Getting Answers with Ian Schwartz
1) How long have you lived in Northern California? Since October of 2012
2) Where are you from originally? Mesa, Arizona
3) Do you have any siblings? 4 sisters, 2 brothers
4) iPhone or Android? iphone
5) What’s your favorite app? radar scope, yelp, four square, lots of photos apps, instagram, my map run
6) What’s your favorite thing about working in news? meeting new people, visiting new places and telling stories
7) What’s your favorite book? Catcher In The Rye
8) What’s your favorite movie? Too many to name
9) What’s your favorite TV show? Seinfeld, Chopped, Restaurant Impossible, Homeland
10) What’s your favorite concert you’ve ever been to? Dr. Dre Up 2001 In Smoke Tour and Aerosmith Get a Grip Tour (my first concert)
11) What’s the one thing about you that would surprise us? I never knew I wanted to be a reporter. I found the profession after taking classes in just about everything. I was not a good student when I started college.
12) What’s your favorite past time? Going out to eat, traveling and staying in unique hotels
13) If you could drive any car – what would it be? Porche 911 Carrera
14) Who’s the person you most admire? My parents and my niece
15) What’s your favorite quote? “Laughter isn’t the best medicine, it’s the cure”
16) What’s the one place you’d like to visit that you’ve never been to before? Any remote island
17) What’s your favorite place you’ve ever visited? Windansea Beach in La Jolla. Carmel too!
18) If you were stranded on a desert island, and had the chance to take just one item with you, what would it be? A helicopter
19) What do you do for exercise? Run and go to the gym. Laughter is great exercise too!
20) What’s your favorite area restaurant? Press Bistro, but there are many
21) What food could you not live without? Haribo Gummy Bears and anything crunchy
22) What’s your favorite Northern California attraction? The Pacific Ocean
23) Where’s the strangest/farthest place you’ve been recognized? while changing at the gym
24) At what age did you decide you were interested in news? 25
25) What’s the world’s biggest question that you’d like to find the answer to? Why is a double cheeseburger cheaper than a regular cheeseburger?
Tom Dolan saw the destruction unfold on TV and immediately knew Moore was dealing with a monster—an EF-5 tornado, the highest ranking a twister can have.
As unions and administrators continue to negotiate a contract, 13,000 workers ranging from MRI techs to orderlies will walk off the job next Tuesday and Wednesday, including at U.C. Davis.
Rapists, thieves and drug addicts are becoming drug abuse counselors without a background check, or any oversight from the state of California, a new study has found.
Cops say Damon Lynch went down to the All Valley Tow Yard to get it back. When his credit cards were declined, Roseville Police say Lynch decided to carjack his own car at gunpoint.
An unusual theft ring is targeting freight yards, but they aren’t stealing the cargo — just the containers.
Another round of mountain storms hit the Sierra Sunday afternoon.
MANTECA (CBS13) — Caterpillars have been marching through a south Manteca neighborhood, giving people here the creeps. “There were thousands and thousands of them on the street,” said Lucy Cook, who says the inching intruders [...]
The warm weekend temperatures will continue into next week, giving us a warm start to the week with the strong winds picking back up.
The above normal temperatures continue to impact Northern California as weekend highs reach into the 90s.
Northern California received a taste of summer Sunday, which will continue until midweek.
The Galt Police Department is facing a major setback after losing two of its K9 officers.
Puppies were abandoned and left to die on the side of a Nevada County road, until someone spotted the box.
- 2013 Draft Lottery Party Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Board Of Governors Vote Party... Best Summer Dishes
- CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Festivals and...
- Sacramento's Most Wanted Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Mexican Cuisine Celebrities With Asthma
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... New Kings Arena Renderings Best Wedding Dress Styles For... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts