Audrey Asistio is grateful to be part of the CBS13 news team!
“I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to work with my new family in the capital city. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I would be working at a station I have always respected and admired. Sacramento’s KOVR was my favorite station to watch when I worked in Chico! Joining CBS13 is a dream come true,” she said.
Before coming to CBS13, Audrey worked for KSEE in Fresno where she was an anchor, reporter and weathercaster. She also worked at KHSL/KNVN in Chico and KIMA in Yakima Washington.
A Bay Area native, Audrey graduated from San Francisco State University with a degree in Radio and Television with an emphasis in broadcast journalism.
A former cheerleader for the San Francisco 49ers, Audrey enjoys spending time with family and exploring new restaurants. She also loves running and hopes to one day complete a full marathon.
She resides in Sacramento with her husband and two dogs.
Getting Answers with Audrey Asistio
1) How long have you lived in Northern California? Just moved here months ago from Fresno, but grew up in the Bay Area.
2) Where are you from originally? San Bruno, CA
3) Do you have any siblings? I have 2 younger brothers, Byron and Chauncey.
4) Do you have any pets? Gus and Tink! They are Chihuahua, Mini Pinscher, Schipperke mix.
5) iPhone or Android? Team iPhone!
6) What’s your favorite app? Camera+
7) What’s your favorite thing about working in news? Each day is always new and interesting.
8) What’s your favorite book? The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth by John Maxwell
9) What’s your favorite movie? The Notebook
10) What’s your favorite TV show? Smash
11) Who is your favorite band? Maroon 5
12) What’s your favorite concert you’ve ever been to? My cousin, Gabe Bondoc’s concert.
13) What’s the one thing about you that would surprise us? I was a Gold Rush cheerleader for the San Francisco 49ers for 2 years!
14) What’s your favorite past time? Family trips to the Caribbean and Mexico.
15) If you could drive any car – what would it be? A Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG SUV
16) Who’s the person you most admire? My parents
17) What’s your favorite quote? “Faith is taking the first step even when you can’t see the whole staircase.” –Martin Luther King Jr.
18) What’s the one place you’d like to visit that you’ve never been to before? Europe
19) What’s your favorite place you’ve ever visited? Hawaii
20) If you were stranded on a desert island, and had the chance to take just one item with you, what would it be? My husband!
21) Who’s your favorite actor/actress? Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio, Actress: Angelina Jolie
22) What’s your favorite line of dialogue from a movie? Do, or do not. There is no “try.” – Yoda (from The Empire Strikes Back)
23) What do you do for exercise? When I do exercise, I run! I also like going to boot camp classes.
24) What’s your favorite area restaurant? Right now, I’m obsessed with BangkokGarden! So good!
25) What food could you not live without? Fruits! Mangoes and pineapples are my favorite.
26) What’s your favorite Northern California attraction? BakerBeach: That’s where my husband proposed!
27) At what age did you decide you were interested in news? I was in my early 20’s, a college student, when I became interested in news.
It was a fun filled weekend for my husband and me. My baby bump is getting bigger by the minute, so we went to the beach and took photos for week 27. Mark is passionate about photography, so my baby bump photo updates are pretty artsy.
I notice my energy starting to diminish again as I approach my 7th month of pregnancy and the 3rd trimester. Yesterday, I took a glucose tolerance test. It’s a test women between 24 and 28 weeks of [...]
I love watching awards shows. I enjoy everything about them, but my favorite is seeing who is wearing what. Were you able to see the pregnant celebrities who attended last night’s Oscars? They looked fantastic! [...]
My appetite has increased big time! This is what the table behind the CBS13 anchor desk has looked like every morning this past week. Ron caught me eating during one of the commercial breaks. I finished that [...]
My baby has been extremely active these past several weeks. I usually feel her move at least once every 1-2 hours. But that hasn’t been the case lately. I probably felt her move only 1-2 [...]
Pregnancy has completely changed my world. Sure, some of the changes have been uncomfortable, such as morning sickness and leg cramps, but the perks have been plentiful! The biggest perk, of course, is expecting my [...]
I only had one fear going into this pregnancy: weight gain. I’ve always had body image issues. For a short time in my life, I suffered from anorexia. At one point, my liver stopped functioning properly [...]
These past months, I’ve been constantly talking about how excited I am to become a mother. Well, truth is, I’m already a mommy, sort of. Meet my babies, Gus and Tink. They’re turning 4-years-old this year. [...]
I think my husband realized yesterday, pregnant Audrey is not the same woman he married several years ago, at least for now. I have been extremely tired, emotional and disoriented these past several days. Earlier this [...]
It’s a feeling only a mother will ever experience- her unborn baby moving inside of her. It’s the most incredible feeling. For me, it’s a daily reminder of the amazing work being done inside my [...]
I turn 30 years old today! I’ve never been happier. I’m married to the love of my life, we’re expecting our first child, I’m surrounded by amazing family and friends and I’m living my dream [...]
Happy Valentine’s Day from the CBS13 morning crew! It’s a bittersweet day for us. One of our wonderful directors, Karyn is moving on. She landed her dream job! She will be missed. In baby news, I [...]