Audrey Asistio is grateful to be part of the CBS13 news team!
“I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to work with my new family in the capital city. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I would be working at a station I have always respected and admired. Sacramento’s KOVR was my favorite station to watch when I worked in Chico! Joining CBS13 is a dream come true,” she said.
Before coming to CBS13, Audrey worked for KSEE in Fresno where she was an anchor, reporter and weathercaster. She also worked at KHSL/KNVN in Chico and KIMA in Yakima Washington.
A Bay Area native, Audrey graduated from San Francisco State University with a degree in Radio and Television with an emphasis in broadcast journalism.
A former cheerleader for the San Francisco 49ers, Audrey enjoys spending time with family and exploring new restaurants. She also loves running and hopes to one day complete a full marathon.
She resides in Sacramento with her husband and two dogs.
Getting Answers with Audrey Asistio
1) How long have you lived in Northern California? Just moved here months ago from Fresno, but grew up in the Bay Area.
2) Where are you from originally? San Bruno, CA
3) Do you have any siblings? I have 2 younger brothers, Byron and Chauncey.
4) Do you have any pets? Gus and Tink! They are Chihuahua, Mini Pinscher, Schipperke mix.
5) iPhone or Android? Team iPhone!
6) What’s your favorite app? Camera+
7) What’s your favorite thing about working in news? Each day is always new and interesting.
8) What’s your favorite book? The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth by John Maxwell
9) What’s your favorite movie? The Notebook
10) What’s your favorite TV show? Smash
11) Who is your favorite band? Maroon 5
12) What’s your favorite concert you’ve ever been to? My cousin, Gabe Bondoc’s concert.
13) What’s the one thing about you that would surprise us? I was a Gold Rush cheerleader for the San Francisco 49ers for 2 years!
14) What’s your favorite past time? Family trips to the Caribbean and Mexico.
15) If you could drive any car – what would it be? A Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG SUV
16) Who’s the person you most admire? My parents
17) What’s your favorite quote? “Faith is taking the first step even when you can’t see the whole staircase.” –Martin Luther King Jr.
18) What’s the one place you’d like to visit that you’ve never been to before? Europe
19) What’s your favorite place you’ve ever visited? Hawaii
20) If you were stranded on a desert island, and had the chance to take just one item with you, what would it be? My husband!
21) Who’s your favorite actor/actress? Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio, Actress: Angelina Jolie
22) What’s your favorite line of dialogue from a movie? Do, or do not. There is no “try.” – Yoda (from The Empire Strikes Back)
23) What do you do for exercise? When I do exercise, I run! I also like going to boot camp classes.
24) What’s your favorite area restaurant? Right now, I’m obsessed with BangkokGarden! So good!
25) What food could you not live without? Fruits! Mangoes and pineapples are my favorite.
26) What’s your favorite Northern California attraction? BakerBeach: That’s where my husband proposed!
27) At what age did you decide you were interested in news? I was in my early 20’s, a college student, when I became interested in news.
Happy 6 months to this little girl who lights up my life! She crawls all over the place now, but I think she’s over it because she’s already trying to stand on her own. She […]
Maisyn took her very first photo with Santa over the weekend! It’s usually pretty easy to get her to smile for a photo, but it didn’t happen that day. Right when we put her on […]
We took Maisyn to the mall on Sunday to take a photo with Santa Claus. (I’ll blog about that experience soon.) She was dressed up as an elf. :P While we were in line, we took some family […]
I hope you all had an amazing Thanksgiving! I was able to spend time with family this year. It was great! We ate A LOT of food, watched the 49ers game *sad face* and then headed home early, […]
No matter your holiday shopping strategy, deep discounts during Black Friday that creep into Thanksgiving have retailers tempting shoppers with a stretched holiday season.
Despite going to intense spin classes during my pregnancy, I still managed to gain a whopping 45 pounds! That’s a good 10 pounds more than my doctor recommended. Nearly 6 months after giving birth, I am now lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight!
During Maisyn’s 4 months doctor’s visit, the doctor said the back of Maisyn’s head was on the flatter side and the top of her head looked crooked. The right side was bulging out more than the left. It […]
We started feeding Maisyn organic pureed baby food when she turned 4-months-old. So far, she’s tried oatmeal, brown rice cereal, sweet peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, bananas, apples and mangoes. My husband hates vegetables, so I […]
We’re back! I have to be honest with you… I haven’t posted anything on my mommy blog these past months because I wasn’t sure I wanted to keep it. Being a mommy takes up a lot of […]
For the past three Octobers, Austin has shaved “Mom” into one side of his head, along with a ribbon and the number on the other side representing how many years Marlene has been cancer-free.
The city cut water consumption by nearly 30 percent in the first half of the year compared to the previous year. The water saved could fill 1,300 swimming pools.
Baby girl finally got to meet all of her aunties and uncles at Good Day Sacramento and CBS 13 today! What does she do when she makes her big TV debut? She poops on live […]