Audrey Asistio is grateful to be part of the CBS13 news team!
“I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to work with my new family in the capital city. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I would be working at a station I have always respected and admired. Sacramento’s KOVR was my favorite station to watch when I worked in Chico! Joining CBS13 is a dream come true,” she said.
Before coming to CBS13, Audrey worked for KSEE in Fresno where she was an anchor, reporter and weathercaster. She also worked at KHSL/KNVN in Chico and KIMA in Yakima Washington.
A Bay Area native, Audrey graduated from San Francisco State University with a degree in Radio and Television with an emphasis in broadcast journalism.
A former cheerleader for the San Francisco 49ers, Audrey enjoys spending time with family and exploring new restaurants. She also loves running and hopes to one day complete a full marathon.
She resides in Sacramento with her husband and two dogs.
Getting Answers with Audrey Asistio
1) How long have you lived in Northern California? Just moved here months ago from Fresno, but grew up in the Bay Area.
2) Where are you from originally? San Bruno, CA
3) Do you have any siblings? I have 2 younger brothers, Byron and Chauncey.
4) Do you have any pets? Gus and Tink! They are Chihuahua, Mini Pinscher, Schipperke mix.
5) iPhone or Android? Team iPhone!
6) What’s your favorite app? Camera+
7) What’s your favorite thing about working in news? Each day is always new and interesting.
8) What’s your favorite book? The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth by John Maxwell
9) What’s your favorite movie? The Notebook
10) What’s your favorite TV show? Smash
11) Who is your favorite band? Maroon 5
12) What’s your favorite concert you’ve ever been to? My cousin, Gabe Bondoc’s concert.
13) What’s the one thing about you that would surprise us? I was a Gold Rush cheerleader for the San Francisco 49ers for 2 years!
14) What’s your favorite past time? Family trips to the Caribbean and Mexico.
15) If you could drive any car – what would it be? A Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG SUV
16) Who’s the person you most admire? My parents
17) What’s your favorite quote? “Faith is taking the first step even when you can’t see the whole staircase.” –Martin Luther King Jr.
18) What’s the one place you’d like to visit that you’ve never been to before? Europe
19) What’s your favorite place you’ve ever visited? Hawaii
20) If you were stranded on a desert island, and had the chance to take just one item with you, what would it be? My husband!
21) Who’s your favorite actor/actress? Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio, Actress: Angelina Jolie
22) What’s your favorite line of dialogue from a movie? Do, or do not. There is no “try.” – Yoda (from The Empire Strikes Back)
23) What do you do for exercise? When I do exercise, I run! I also like going to boot camp classes.
24) What’s your favorite area restaurant? Right now, I’m obsessed with BangkokGarden! So good!
25) What food could you not live without? Fruits! Mangoes and pineapples are my favorite.
26) What’s your favorite Northern California attraction? BakerBeach: That’s where my husband proposed!
27) At what age did you decide you were interested in news? I was in my early 20’s, a college student, when I became interested in news.
I apologize for falling behind on the blog! The past weeks have been extremely tough. I’ve called in sick one day each week, for the past 3 weeks because I’ve been in extreme pain and really [...]
Mark and I are making great progress with our nursery! He painted it last week and assembled the crib this past weekend. I recently added wall decals. Here’s a sneak peek! My parents also hosted [...]
We got to see our baby girl in 3D during a sonogram this past weekend. It was incredible and almost unreal to see such great images of her! She was shy at first. She hid her [...]
Talk about 3rd trimester symptoms! Just minutes after I finished writing and posting my positive 30 weeks pregnancy update on the blog, I all of a sudden lost complete control of my body! I had to leave work [...]
Only 10 more weeks to go! Woohoo! How I’m feeling: It’s hit or miss. Some days, I’m extremely tired and moody. Other days, I feel fantastic and am full of energy! I’m grateful every day. :) [...]
Mark and I have had a tough time naming our baby these past months. We couldn’t agree on anything! Great news- we have finally come to an agreement! We’ll tell you baby girl’s name soon. :)
Maybe I’m just hormonal and/or extremely sensitive but I believe some people, even well-intentioned ones, shouldn’t speak to moms-to-be. Here are some annoying, upsetting and even scary things people have said to me throughout my [...]
Happy Friday! We made it! Despite barely getting any sleep this week and suffering from pregnancy brain (I’ve posted the video of my on-air photobomb from the other day) and leg pain, I have had a fantastic [...]
Is “pregnancy brain” real or just a myth? With what I’ve experienced so far, I think it absolutely exists! What happened during our CBS 13 Morning newscast today proves it! It may not seem like it [...]
In honor of “Flashback Friday,” I wanted to share some baby pictures with you! Mark and I have been enjoying ourselves, imagining how our baby girl will look. Will she have my eyes? Mark’s lips? Who will she look [...]
As I approach the final lap (trimester) of pregnancy, I feel great! Baby girl is about 15 inches long, 2 ½ pounds and is the size of a cucumber, according to What to Expect. She [...]
It was a fun filled weekend for my husband and me. My baby bump is getting bigger by the minute, so we went to the beach and took photos for week 27. Mark is passionate about photography, so my baby bump photo updates are pretty artsy. :)