Audrey Asistio is grateful to be part of the CBS13 news team!
“I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to work with my new family in the capital city. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I would be working at a station I have always respected and admired. Sacramento’s KOVR was my favorite station to watch when I worked in Chico! Joining CBS13 is a dream come true,” she said.
Before coming to CBS13, Audrey worked for KSEE in Fresno where she was an anchor, reporter and weathercaster. She also worked at KHSL/KNVN in Chico and KIMA in Yakima Washington.
A Bay Area native, Audrey graduated from San Francisco State University with a degree in Radio and Television with an emphasis in broadcast journalism.
A former cheerleader for the San Francisco 49ers, Audrey enjoys spending time with family and exploring new restaurants. She also loves running and hopes to one day complete a full marathon.
She resides in Sacramento with her husband and two dogs.
Getting Answers with Audrey Asistio
1) How long have you lived in Northern California? Just moved here months ago from Fresno, but grew up in the Bay Area.
2) Where are you from originally? San Bruno, CA
3) Do you have any siblings? I have 2 younger brothers, Byron and Chauncey.
4) Do you have any pets? Gus and Tink! They are Chihuahua, Mini Pinscher, Schipperke mix.
5) iPhone or Android? Team iPhone!
6) What’s your favorite app? Camera+
7) What’s your favorite thing about working in news? Each day is always new and interesting.
8) What’s your favorite book? The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth by John Maxwell
9) What’s your favorite movie? The Notebook
10) What’s your favorite TV show? Smash
11) Who is your favorite band? Maroon 5
12) What’s your favorite concert you’ve ever been to? My cousin, Gabe Bondoc’s concert.
13) What’s the one thing about you that would surprise us? I was a Gold Rush cheerleader for the San Francisco 49ers for 2 years!
14) What’s your favorite past time? Family trips to the Caribbean and Mexico.
15) If you could drive any car – what would it be? A Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG SUV
16) Who’s the person you most admire? My parents
17) What’s your favorite quote? “Faith is taking the first step even when you can’t see the whole staircase.” –Martin Luther King Jr.
18) What’s the one place you’d like to visit that you’ve never been to before? Europe
19) What’s your favorite place you’ve ever visited? Hawaii
20) If you were stranded on a desert island, and had the chance to take just one item with you, what would it be? My husband!
21) Who’s your favorite actor/actress? Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio, Actress: Angelina Jolie
22) What’s your favorite line of dialogue from a movie? Do, or do not. There is no “try.” – Yoda (from The Empire Strikes Back)
23) What do you do for exercise? When I do exercise, I run! I also like going to boot camp classes.
24) What’s your favorite area restaurant? Right now, I’m obsessed with BangkokGarden! So good!
25) What food could you not live without? Fruits! Mangoes and pineapples are my favorite.
26) What’s your favorite Northern California attraction? BakerBeach: That’s where my husband proposed!
27) At what age did you decide you were interested in news? I was in my early 20’s, a college student, when I became interested in news.
No matter your holiday shopping strategy, deep discounts during Black Friday that creep into Thanksgiving have retailers tempting shoppers with a stretched holiday season.
For the past three Octobers, Austin has shaved “Mom” into one side of his head, along with a ribbon and the number on the other side representing how many years Marlene has been cancer-free.
The city cut water consumption by nearly 30 percent in the first half of the year compared to the previous year. The water saved could fill 1,300 swimming pools.
You may have noticed the larger belly I’ve been lugging around lately, especially when I turn to the side during my traffic reports on CBS13 This Morning.
Taking part in Celebrity Charity Week on “The Price Is Right,” NBA legend Charles Barkley won $67,633 for the Mustard Seed School in Sacramento.