Born and raised in Northern California, Laura is happy to be back home. She’s always had a passion for the news. By the age of 7 she already knew she wanted to be a reporter, and she practiced by putting on pretend news reports for her parents.
Before joining the CBS13 news team, she worked at WBNS in Columbus, Ohio, and KOLN/KGIN in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Most of her off time is spent with her fun-loving puppy, Taffy. She also loves to travel and study different cultures.
Laura is glad to call CBS13 her home and would be more than happy to hear your story ideas. Shoot her an email and your story might end up on CBS13!
Getting Answers with Laura Cole
1. How long have you lived in Northern California? Most of my life
2. Do you have any siblings? one, a brother
3. Do you have any pets? yes, two dogs
4. What’s your favorite thing about working in news? meeting people and sharing their stories
5. What’s your favorite TV show? Suits
6. What’s the one thing about you that would surprise us? I love WWE!
7. If you could drive any car – what would it be? A hummer
8. What’s the one place you’d like to visit that you’ve never been to before? France
9. What’s your favorite place you’ve ever visited? Italy
10. If you were stranded on a desert island, and had the chance to take just one item with you, what would it be? my TV
11. What food could you not live without? Mt. Dew! I know, it is a drink!
12. At what age did you decide you were interested in news? 7
A UOP graduate never thought she’d get her degree. She went from being homeless to graduating, despite money and medical setbacks. Now she’s giving back.
Savecalifornia.com, a site affiliated with the Campaign for Children and Families, is running an ad in Sacramento and Los Angeles calling for a boycott of Harvey Milk Day.
The city is holding an electric beauty pageant of sorts, placing a variety of brand new, energy efficient LED bulbs on these poles and asking people to vote on which one they like the best.
Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputies are trying to find out what an armed-robbery suspect was after at a CVS, while he spends the night recovering from a gunshot wound.
Burger City waitress Holly Scott says she saw Lillian Wohn throw the baby lamb into the bushes on Saturday, and says the abuse only got worse.
Firefighters rushed to the rescue a possibly injured man trapped on an island in the American River.
A bill to allow transgender students use the same bathrooms and locker rooms is generating controversy as it passed the Assembly Thursday.
A state senator is concerned about the possibility of someone creating a gun from a 3-D printer.
The recovery of kidnapped women in Ohio sparks memories of the disappearance and discovery of Jaycee Dugard, similarities Dugard herself referenced at an awards ceremony Tuesday in Washington.
Salvador Rendon and Martha Ferguson are alleged to have tortured a man in their home in April. Detectives won’t say anything about what the man endured, but his injuries aren’t considered life-threatening.
It’s a sight Evan Nielsen had to rewatch again and again to believe, even though he recorded the video. A black bear, making itself comfortable in his truck, after somehow opening the door and hopping in.
Jurors reached a guilty verdict against Shajia Ayobi on Wednesday, while her alleged accomplice denies being involved.
- News Photos Namaste: Yoga Poses For... 2013 Draft Lottery Party Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Board Of Governors Vote Party... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Festivals and... Sacramento's Most Wanted Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Best Mexican Cuisine Celebrities With Asthma Baseball Shots Of The Week –... New Kings Arena Renderings
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts