Mojgan Sherkat joined the CBS13 news team in May of 2014. Originally from southern California, she’s excited to be back in The Golden State after spending two years in the Midwest.
Before coming to Sacramento, Mojgan was working at WTOL-TV in Toledo, Ohio where she extensively covered the murder of an 18-month-old girl, and two Toledo firefighters who were killed by arson.Email Mojgan
Mojgan also spent a year in Syracuse, NY where she received her Master’s of Science from The S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications in Broadcast and Digital Journalism. And prior to that, she earned a B.A. in Communication Studies at the University of California, Riverside where she spent a semester abroad in Siena, Italy. Mojgan also published an article with The Huffington Post about the depiction of Persian culture in “Prince of Persia: Sands of Time”. Her interests include traveling, being outdoors, working out, cooking and baking, reading, watching films, and spending time with family and friends.
Getting Answers with Mojgan Sherkat
1) How long have you lived in Northern California? Just celebrated one month!
2) Where are you from originally? Downey, CA
3) Do you have any siblings? An older brother
4) Do you have any pets? No
5) iPhone or Android? Android
6) What’s your favorite app? Instagram
7) What’s your favorite thing about working in news? Meeting new people everyday!
8) What’s your favorite book? Ever? This is a tough one, but I’d say The Alchemist.
9) What’s your favorite movie? Another difficult question, I love to laugh, so any good comedy.
10) What’s your favorite TV show? Breaking Bad, How I Met Your Mother, Seinfield
11) Who is your favorite band? There are too many…a few are Mumford and Sons, The Lumineers, Florence and the Machine.
12) What’s your favorite concert you’ve ever been to? Little Big Town
13) What’s the one thing about you that would surprise us? I’ve traveled to Iran, most of my family is still there.
14) What’s your favorite past time? Cooking, baking and working out
15) If you could drive any car what would it be? Range Rover
16) Who’s the person you most admire? My parents – they are the most selfless people I know!
17) What’s your favorite quote? “
I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel,” Maya Angelou
18) What’s the one place you’d like to visit that you’ve never been to before? Thailand
19) What’s your favorite place you’ve ever visited? I can narrow it down to a few, but I can’t choose just one. Paris, Florence, and Berlin.
20) Who’s your favorite actor/actress? Joseph Gordon-Levitt
21) What do you do for exercise? Kickbox, yoga, barre fit
22) What’s your favorite area restaurant? I haven’t gone too many yet, but for now I’d say One Speed, Zocalo, and The Press Box
23) What food could you not live without? Any dessert – I LOVE sweets!
24) What’s your favorite Northern California attraction? Yosemite
25) At what age did you decide you were interested in news? Late college
It’s not the name of some cute pooch, it’s what one CBS13 viewer says is a case of serious water waste in Roseville.
Trevor Frank had no idea that he’d ride in and save the day.
Even with a 81,994 acre wildfire in their way, Jamie and Roman Rudy were determined to make their wedding work.
Potentially dozens of homes have been destroyed by the blaze in El Dorado County. Fire officials will not confirm that homes have been destroyed until inspectors go through, but homeowners in the area shared their address with us to get a firsthand look.
Hundreds of homes remained threatened by the King Fire burning near Pollock Pines Sunday night.
It’s the call no one wants to get while away from their home.
School leaders say they have a good reason for banning the sixth-grader’s Sept. 11 memorial T-shirt on Thursday. When her stepfather tried to get permission, school administrators say it violated their dress code.
Maru Kmbuarr says she didn’t get home until around 11:30 p.m. that night, but it wasn’t until she was debris on the floor that she noticed the bullet holes.
It was an incredibly heartbreaking day for a Turlock neighborhood as community learned about the death of a boy, his mother and grandmother.
Former Lodi firefighter Gary Duck’s body was found at Roget Park Saturday morning. Neighbors say it’s a quiet park – and most of the visitors are elderly.
Changes are now being made following a CBS13 investigation into illegal adoptions at the City of Sacramento’s Animal Shelter.
Sacramento soccer fans are feeling the momentum tonight as a major league franchise dream came closer to becoming a reality.