Mojgan Sherkat joined the CBS13 news team in May of 2014. Originally from southern California, she’s excited to be back in The Golden State after spending two years in the Midwest.
Before coming to Sacramento, Mojgan was working at WTOL-TV in Toledo, Ohio where she extensively covered the murder of an 18-month-old girl, and two Toledo firefighters who were killed by arson.Email Mojgan
Mojgan also spent a year in Syracuse, NY where she received her Master’s of Science from The S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications in Broadcast and Digital Journalism. And prior to that, she earned a B.A. in Communication Studies at the University of California, Riverside where she spent a semester abroad in Siena, Italy. Mojgan also published an article with The Huffington Post about the depiction of Persian culture in “Prince of Persia: Sands of Time”. Her interests include traveling, being outdoors, working out, cooking and baking, reading, watching films, and spending time with family and friends.
Getting Answers with Mojgan Sherkat
1) How long have you lived in Northern California? Just celebrated one month!
2) Where are you from originally? Downey, CA
3) Do you have any siblings? An older brother
4) Do you have any pets? No
5) iPhone or Android? Android
6) What’s your favorite app? Instagram
7) What’s your favorite thing about working in news? Meeting new people everyday!
8) What’s your favorite book? Ever? This is a tough one, but I’d say The Alchemist.
9) What’s your favorite movie? Another difficult question, I love to laugh, so any good comedy.
10) What’s your favorite TV show? Breaking Bad, How I Met Your Mother, Seinfield
11) Who is your favorite band? There are too many…a few are Mumford and Sons, The Lumineers, Florence and the Machine.
12) What’s your favorite concert you’ve ever been to? Little Big Town
13) What’s the one thing about you that would surprise us? I’ve traveled to Iran, most of my family is still there.
14) What’s your favorite past time? Cooking, baking and working out
15) If you could drive any car what would it be? Range Rover
16) Who’s the person you most admire? My parents – they are the most selfless people I know!
17) What’s your favorite quote? “
I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel,” Maya Angelou
18) What’s the one place you’d like to visit that you’ve never been to before? Thailand
19) What’s your favorite place you’ve ever visited? I can narrow it down to a few, but I can’t choose just one. Paris, Florence, and Berlin.
20) Who’s your favorite actor/actress? Joseph Gordon-Levitt
21) What do you do for exercise? Kickbox, yoga, barre fit
22) What’s your favorite area restaurant? I haven’t gone too many yet, but for now I’d say One Speed, Zocalo, and The Press Box
23) What food could you not live without? Any dessert – I LOVE sweets!
24) What’s your favorite Northern California attraction? Yosemite
25) At what age did you decide you were interested in news? Late college
A Davis man decided it was his turn to do his part in conserving water, so he built a 1,100-gallon rain recycler. Most folks in Davis can’t hose down their driveway or wash their car whenever they like, but that’s not the case for the Montijos, that’s because they have recycled rainwater they can use.
A man caught was caught on camera dumping a puppy into a fenced yard in midtown Sacramento.
Police are asking for help from the public to locate a missing pregnant woman who was last seen over a week ago.
This holiday season, shoppers are delighted to see gas prices plummeting much lower than they were this time last year.
A local teacher is in trouble after she crashed into two cars and then into two separate homes in Sacramento on her way to work Thursday morning.
The winter weather is officially here.
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Protesters took to Arden Fair mall on the busiest shopping day of the year to speak out against what they said is the injustice of a police officer not being indicted for […]
“They see these incredible deals on high end electronics that they can’t find in the stores at incredible prices,” said Northeastern California Better Business Bureau president Gary Almond.
The president of the Northeast California Branch of the Better Business Bureau says customers should be wary of putting down a large deposit ahead of actually receiving services.
From the outside, it looks like the folks inside Arcade Church are simply serving up and enjoying a nice Thanksgiving dinner.
Friday was the biggest game of the season for Downey High School. They faced state powerhouse Grant High School in the second round of the playoffs.
Surveillance videos caught the thieves hitting Staff Sgt. Gregory Cunningham’s home, even tossing his uniform on the ground.