Sean Bennett joined CBS13 and Good Day Sacramento in May 2012. Sean is no stranger to reporting on the morning show. He spent the past 3.5 years reporting for FOX 40. Before moving to the Capital City, Sean spent seven years anchoring sports at WBBH in Fort Myers, Florida and at KHSL/KNVN in Chico.
Sean has covered stories that captured national attention, including the discovery of Jaycee Lee Dugard, and the disappearance and murder of Tracy resident Sandra Cantu. He has also traveled all over the country tracking down the Maloofs for the latest developments on the Kings arena in Orlando. He covered the San Francisco Giants winning the 2010 and 2012 World Series, and Chico’s own Aaron Rodgers in the Super Bowl.
When he’s not chasing breaking news, Sean spends time at home with his wife, Melissa, son, Cole, and daughter Bailey.
Getting Answers with Sean Bennett
1) Where are you from originally? I was born in Chicago, but grew up in the Bay Area.
2) What’s the one thing about you that would surprise us? I am an identical twin, my brother and I look the same and talk the same.
3) What do you like to do in your spare time? I am a sports fanatic, I love the Giants and 49ers. I am very superstitious when it comes to game day. I don’t where any hats or shirts with the team logo on them. I won’t drink out of any cups that have logo’s on them, and will not leave my seat if my teams are losing to see if the mojo turns around.
4) What’s the one place you’d like to visit that you’ve never been to before? I would love to go on a European Vacation with my wife, not like the National Lampoon’s Movie.
5) iPhone or Android? I am an iPhone fan! I thinks it’s one of the best inventions out there, and just love the weather app. It helps on live shots, trips and just for day-to-day use.
6) What’s your favorite food? I love food, and think about my next meal while I am eating my current meal. I could not go without Mexican food. There are so many options, plus chips are always included. I am a big fan of the Mom and Pop places, they just hit the spot.
7) What do you do for exercise? I try my best to work out a few days a week at the gym while balancing life and kids. I just completed my first half Marathon which was fantastic.
Police say that a 90-year-old man has died after being hit by a car along Meadowview Road late Wednesday night.
A woman was arrested after allegedly setting fire to her own apartment Wednesday morning.
Police have arrested two people in connection with the theft of several vehicles and a trailer owned by Tillamook cheese in Manteca last week.
One person is missing after a car drove into a creek in Sacramento on Monday morning. According to witnesses, three people were in the small Chevy sedan that drove off of Truxel Road at Garden Highway, went down an embankment and splashed into the creek.
Construction on the new Folsom Dam auxiliary spillway continues, and the latest phase means some closures along Folsom Lake Crossing.
Cal Expo organizers say they are expecting 10,000 people to fill up the grandstands at the race track tonight.
Power is restored to some 700 customers who lost it last night around 11 p.m. Monday, says PG&E.
Caltrans confirms that the Fix 50 project should wrap up sometime Thursday morning after nearly two months of major, traffic interfering work.
The community of Oak Park will look a lot different in the months to come.
Fire crews are investigating what caused a propane tank to explode and cause a fire at an Auburn home overnight.
Building inspectors were already at the historic Earle Hotel a day after a massive fire tore through the building.
A Nile crocodile found wandering a Roseville strip mall is recovering at a Department of Fish and Wildlife center.