Sean Bennett joined CBS13 and Good Day Sacramento in May 2012. Sean is no stranger to reporting on the morning show. He spent the past 3.5 years reporting for FOX 40. Before moving to the Capital City, Sean spent seven years anchoring sports at WBBH in Fort Myers, Florida and at KHSL/KNVN in Chico.
Sean has covered stories that captured national attention, including the discovery of Jaycee Lee Dugard, and the disappearance and murder of Tracy resident Sandra Cantu. He has also traveled all over the country tracking down the Maloofs for the latest developments on the Kings arena in Orlando. He covered the San Francisco Giants winning the 2010 and 2012 World Series, and Chico’s own Aaron Rodgers in the Super Bowl.
When he’s not chasing breaking news, Sean spends time at home with his wife, Melissa, son, Cole, and daughter Bailey.
Getting Answers with Sean Bennett
1) Where are you from originally? I was born in Chicago, but grew up in the Bay Area.
2) What’s the one thing about you that would surprise us? I am an identical twin, my brother and I look the same and talk the same.
3) What do you like to do in your spare time? I am a sports fanatic, I love the Giants and 49ers. I am very superstitious when it comes to game day. I don’t where any hats or shirts with the team logo on them. I won’t drink out of any cups that have logo’s on them, and will not leave my seat if my teams are losing to see if the mojo turns around.
4) What’s the one place you’d like to visit that you’ve never been to before? I would love to go on a European Vacation with my wife, not like the National Lampoon’s Movie.
5) iPhone or Android? I am an iPhone fan! I thinks it’s one of the best inventions out there, and just love the weather app. It helps on live shots, trips and just for day-to-day use.
6) What’s your favorite food? I love food, and think about my next meal while I am eating my current meal. I could not go without Mexican food. There are so many options, plus chips are always included. I am a big fan of the Mom and Pop places, they just hit the spot.
7) What do you do for exercise? I try my best to work out a few days a week at the gym while balancing life and kids. I just completed my first half Marathon which was fantastic.
Fire crews are cleaning up after a fire that burned in a Sacramento home that was abandoned.
Fire crews in Yuba City are investigating the cause of a fire near the Yuba-Sutter Fairgrounds.
Samantha Green, the local woman accused of killing her 20-day-old infant in February, was back in court this morning.
“Downtown has got to be more than just a place people work,” Ault said. “Monday through Friday downtown’s got close to 100,000 employees, but that activity has got spill off on evenings and weekends.”
Some parents of students at Bella Vista High School did not want to take any chances after a threat of violence was written on the wall of a bathroom over the weekend.
Investigators are saying that the fire that destroyed a barn-style home in Olivehurst was intentionally set.
A U-Haul truck crashed into a Citrus Heights home Thursday morning – hitting a room where a baby was sleeping.
Part of Interstate 5 in Woodland was closed Tuesday morning following an officer-involved shooting.
A dramatic night unfolded in one Citrus Heights neighborhood after crews found a possible explosive device following a kitchen fire in a home.
A Stockton senior is dead after he was hit and killed Monday morning by a sheriff’s deputy’s vehicle.
Police say that a 90-year-old man has died after being hit by a car along Meadowview Road late Wednesday night.
A woman was arrested after allegedly setting fire to her own apartment Wednesday morning.