Sean Bennett joined CBS13 and Good Day Sacramento in May 2012. Sean is no stranger to reporting on the morning show. He spent the past 3.5 years reporting for FOX 40. Before moving to the Capital City, Sean spent seven years anchoring sports at WBBH in Fort Myers, Florida and at KHSL/KNVN in Chico.
Sean has covered stories that captured national attention, including the discovery of Jaycee Lee Dugard, and the disappearance and murder of Tracy resident Sandra Cantu. He has also traveled all over the country tracking down the Maloofs for the latest developments on the Kings arena in Orlando. He covered the San Francisco Giants winning the 2010 and 2012 World Series, and Chico’s own Aaron Rodgers in the Super Bowl.
When he’s not chasing breaking news, Sean spends time at home with his wife, Melissa, son, Cole, and daughter Bailey.
Getting Answers with Sean Bennett
1) Where are you from originally? I was born in Chicago, but grew up in the Bay Area.
2) What’s the one thing about you that would surprise us? I am an identical twin, my brother and I look the same and talk the same.
3) What do you like to do in your spare time? I am a sports fanatic, I love the Giants and 49ers. I am very superstitious when it comes to game day. I don’t where any hats or shirts with the team logo on them. I won’t drink out of any cups that have logo’s on them, and will not leave my seat if my teams are losing to see if the mojo turns around.
4) What’s the one place you’d like to visit that you’ve never been to before? I would love to go on a European Vacation with my wife, not like the National Lampoon’s Movie.
5) iPhone or Android? I am an iPhone fan! I thinks it’s one of the best inventions out there, and just love the weather app. It helps on live shots, trips and just for day-to-day use.
6) What’s your favorite food? I love food, and think about my next meal while I am eating my current meal. I could not go without Mexican food. There are so many options, plus chips are always included. I am a big fan of the Mom and Pop places, they just hit the spot.
7) What do you do for exercise? I try my best to work out a few days a week at the gym while balancing life and kids. I just completed my first half Marathon which was fantastic.
A Sacramento FedEx shipping center will deliver around 10,000 packages on Cyber Monday, and it could make history for the company.
Across the country, millions of people are expected to travel Wednesday by car, train and airplane.
The wait is finally over as the doors at a new Rocklin Walmart finally opened Wednesday morning, but it’s not just the supercenter that Placer County residents are excited about.
Fiddyment Road was closed in Roseville Friday because of a major accident early in the morning.
Police say someone tried to blow up a fraternity house near the campus overnight by turning on gas burners on the kitchen stove and then trying to light a fire in the bathroom.
If you like to use your wireless devices to stay connected while you fly, the skies are about to become a little more friendly.
It’s a big night for Kings fans in the capital city! The team is getting ready for the home opener Wednesday at Sleep Train Arena where reporter Sean Bennett is finding out what fans at tonight’s game can expect to see new and different.
Skiers and snowboarders are no doubt hoping today’s weather is a sign of things to come. We’ve got a snowy October in the works in the Sierra.
A sixth person is now dead, hours after six cars collided at a busy Lodi intersection during the evening rush hour.
Around the world the lines are around the block, as thousands line up outside Apple stores for the latest iPhone release.
One of the 11 specialized bikes stolen from special-education students at a Modesto elementary school Monday has been returned.
Remains of a destructive fire are smoldering in Rural Solano County.