Tony comes to Sacramento from the CBS station in Denver, Colorado, where he was weekend anchor and reporter. Tony spent eight years in Texas where he worked for the Fox affiliate in Austin and ABC-TV in San Antonio.
Coming to Sacramento means “coming home” for Tony and his family. Fifteen years ago (we know, he doesn’t look that old) Tony was a reporter for Channel 31. He met his beautiful wife in the Capitol City and together with their son, they are elated to be back in California.
Tony is the youngest of eight children and was born in Southern California. Any spare time he gets, he uses it spending time with his family.
He looks forward to being a part of the CBS13 news team for years to come.
Getting Answers with Tony Lopez
1. How long have you lived in Northern California? This is my second stint in Nor Cal. I was here in the early 90’s and now, for the last 7 + years. So, combined..close to a decade.
2. Where are you from originally? I’m pretty sure my Mother gave birth to me about 47 years ago in the Los Angeles area.
3. Do you have any siblings? I have more siblings than Morgan Freeman has freckles. Okay, not really, but I’m the youngest of 8!
4. iPhone or Android? I have an I-Phone.
5. What’s your favorite app? Probably my Major League Baseball App so I can watch games and highlights when I’m supposed to be reading the news on set.
6. What’s your favorite thing about working in news? I’ve always wanted to wear make-up everyday and this gives me the chance to do that and not feel really weird about it. Seriously, the job is something different everyday. It’s never boring.
7. What’s your favorite book? I like “Go Dog Go”. How’d all those dogs get on that tree?
8. What’s your favorite movie? Shawshank Redemption cuz it reminds me never to give up when life doesn’t look so good.
9. What’s your favorite TV show? Amazing Race and my wife is really mad we can’t try out for it since I work for CBS. We’d totally win..or she would totally kill me during the race. It would make for some good T.V.
10. Who is your favorite band? I’m old school: Tom Petty, Earth Wind and Fire, Johnny Cash
11. What was your favorite concert? The Wiggles were pretty good but I’d say Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
12. What’s the one thing about you that would surprise us? I’m writing a Musical/Comedy, A Sitcom Pilot, and I can play the harmonica with my nose.
13. What’s your favorite past time? Is drinking wine by my pool a past-time? If not, then going to the ballpark and watching some baseball
14. If you could drive any car – what would it be? If a Smart Car really makes people smarter, then I’d hop into one of those. If not, then probably a classic Mustang.
15. Who’s the person you most admire? Christina Anderson for her ability to sit next to me 5 days a week and not strangle me.
16. What’s your favorite quote? “Life is too short, and so am I.”
17. What’s the one place you’d like to visit that you’ve never been to before? The Amalfi Coast in Italy
18. What’s your favorite place you’ve ever visited? Maui
19. What’s the funniest thing you’ve ever overheard someone say? That’s what she said.
20. Who’s your favorite actor/actress? Jessica Rabbit
21. What’s your favorite line of dialogue from a movie? Any scene in Goodfellas
22. What do you do for exercise? Lift weights, run with my dog, yoga, kayak, anything outdoors.
23. What food could you not live without? Pasta
24. What’s your favorite Northern California attraction? My wife! J
25. Where’s the strangest/farthest place you’ve been recognized? I was recognized by a CHP officer who pulled me over after mistakenly thinking I was speeding.
26. At what age did you decide you were interested in news? I was 4 and had to stop what I was doing to watch my brother on T.V. Los Angeles.
27. What’s the world’s biggest question that you’d like to find the answer to? Why is there an expiration date on Sour Cream?
With her mind wide open and her eyes tightly shut, a Sacramento spiritual psychic says she can see the future, even predicting March Madness winners.
DeMarcus Cousins’ anger issues during games are an act that’s getting old with some fans. Some are calling for the Kings center to be benched permanently or at least until he admits he might have an anger problem.
Sports fans across the country got a chance to see the UC Davis basketball team in action Thursday night as the Aggies hosted their first nationally televised game in school history on ESPN 2.
Three people were hospitalized after a car pinned them against the wall of a popular Sacramento restaurant.
A statewide search is on for the estranged Sacramento father accused of taking his seven children from their mother’s house in Fresno.
A wood-eating neighborhood nuisance has invaded a West Sacramento area, leaving homeowners on alert.
Marysville police know when they respond to a call at one particular convenience store, there’s a good chance the bad guys will still be on-scene because the clerks are fighting back.
A middle school student applied the fire exit strategy he learned in the classroom to save his family from a house fire Thursday morning.
More than 200 parents and students rallied Wednesday night to save 11 Sacramento-area schools, whose fate lies in a vote less than 24 hours away.
Tony Parker had 30 points and 11 assists to lead San Antonio to a 108-102 victory over the Sacramento Kings on Tuesday night in a night the City Council voted symbolically in support keeping the team in Sacramento.
A dramatic fire lit up a Sacramento apartment complex on Monday and sent residents scrambling to get out.
It’s a breed ban for the much-maligned pit bull, as a major insurance company has dropped coverage for the the dog’s owners.
- Board Of Governors Vote Party... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Festivals and... Sacramento's Most Wanted Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Best Mexican Cuisine Celebrities With Asthma Baseball Shots Of The Week –... New Kings Arena Renderings
- Best Wedding Dress Styles For... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... NBA Cheerleaders – April 19,... Famous Fans of Star Wars
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts