More Latest Photos

Sacramento State Green & Gold Gala
Power Inn Alliance Annual Luncheon and Community Awards275 community leaders joined Power Inn Alliance, the Property and Business Improvement District (PBID) as it hosted their 23rd annual luncheon on Thursday, March 23rd at the Harper Alumni Center on Sacramento State’s campus. The Alliance announced the creation of the micromanufacturing contest called “Making Your Mark” and it also shared that the area would be part of the major expansion for the 2nd annual Sacramento Mural Festival now being called “Wide Open Walls”. Attendees also heard about the district’s growth plans through a panel consisting of Mayor Darrell Steinberg, Councilmember Eric Guerra, economic development strategist Barbara Hayes and real estate developer David Moon. The organization also presented three community awards this year and those went to the Sacramento Police Department’s Impact Team including Sergeant Greg Galliano and Officers Scott Hall and Mike Loscher; Dick Fischer of Fischer Properties; and Sally Freedlander of Granite Park Partners, who received the inaugural Tom Burris Community Service award.
Sacramento Public Relations Association CAPPIE AwardsThe SPRA CAPPIE Awards was on March 23rd at Beatnik Studios, downtown Sacramento. The SPRA provides public relations professionals with career enhancement opportunities and advocates for the profession within the greater Sacramento region.
Association of Commercial Real Estate Broker of the Year AwardsThe 25th Annual ACRE Broker of the Year Awards (BOYA) was on March 17th at the Hyatt Regency, celebrating the top Brokers in Sacramento’s commercial real estate industry. BOYA also raises funds for local charities with this year recipient, Make-A-Wish. The Association of Commercial Real Estate, ACRE, is a non-profit, professional association formed to promote working relationships and professionalism within the Sacramento commercial real estate community. ACRE brings together commercial brokers and affiliated professionals for business networking, educational presentations and discussion of industry developments.
American Red Cross BASH Gala and Fundraiser The American Red Cross BASH returned to Sacramento, Saturday, March 18, 2017, McClellan Conference Center with a salute to 100 years of veterans! Featuring KFBK’s Kitty O’Neal as Master of Ceremonies, David Sobon as Auctioneer, music by the Peter Petty Orchestra, and honoring Jeanne Reaves. Attendees dusted off old uniform, found some scrubs or favorite Hawaiian shirt to join and honor veterans by supporting the American Red Cross Service to the Armed Forces and 100 years of Red Cross service in our communities!
Social Venture Partners of Sacramento Fast PitchCongratulations top 3 winners - #1 Sac Library #2 Powerhouse Science Center and #3 YMCA! SVP Fast Pitch 2017 was at the Golden 1 Center on March 8th 10 nonprofits pitched for their chance to win over $30K in funding and in-kind support. Fast Pitch was an inspiring evening that brought together the Sacramento Region's most impact to the nonprofits Attendees VOTED to help decide the Audience Award winner! Nonprofits have a story to tell. Fast Pitch helps them tell it. Fast Pitch recruits 40 of Sacramento’s most distinguished business professionals to coach 20 nonprofits in how to tell their story in just three minutes. The pinnacle of Fast Pitch happens on March 8th at Golden 1 Center when 10 nonprofit finalists will compete to win over $40,000 in prize money and awards! Fast Pitch is an innovative model used by many SVPs worldwide for selecting and engaging with area non-profits. Our 20 semifinalist nonprofits work 2:1 with our incredible coaches to refine their elevator pitch and tell their story of community impact. After several sessions with mentors, Fast Pitch Contestant Organizations participate in the Fast Pitch event – presenting their refined Pitch to the Sacramento community, area investors, and event sponsors. Participating organizations compete to win funding and in-kind support, determined by event attendees, a judging panel, and our coaches.

1. ron libonati says:

god bless whitney she is singing for god now

2. John says:

By Louie Mac, February 12, 2012 at 12:58 amThis was so sad to hear about today. In my oinipon, Whitney’s voice in her prime will remain unmatched. She had awesome range, vocal power, but besides that she had the prettiest tone to her voice (which can’t be taught, either you have it or you don’t). It broke my heart to see the very media that tore her down every chance they could, get on CNN and tell everyone who would listen how iconic she was. People should hear more of that while they’re alive to benefit from it. I pray her mother and daughter find peace today. R.I.P. Whiney Houston =(.

3. Miriam says:

Ken and Family,I just read about this horrific dgtreay in The News Journal. Alex Woods is my husband’s nephew and, of course, we knew NOTHING about this. I am mortified. I didn’t realize that Alex was such a punk, thug, loser etc. I can’t think of any words to describe how despicable he and gang are. Thank goodness that you pushed to get this in the local DE papers for everyone to read.I 100% support your civil lawsuit. Nail them all including Alex. It is only right that they should pay for Ryan’s care. I am upset that Vantrease wasn’t convicted of attempted murder. There are many others in DE that feel that same way.From my heart, Strength and Peace to you and your family in this time of dgtreay.

1. Mirta says:

For an ESTIMATE.. keep it simple time and mrilataes, and a quick description of the method of repair. For example, to repair a scratch in the finish of a dining table, I would provide an ESTIMATE for repair by touch up of finish using xyzabc’ mrilataes , or stripping and refinishing of the table, using xyzabc’ mrilataes (depending on severity of the damage). I’d also specify if I was going to work on it at the owner’s location, or if it needed to be delivered to my shop, either by the customer, or myself, and give a rough idea of how long it would take to complete the work, as well as how long the work itself would take. An example would be 6 hours labor, project finished by MO/Date/Year. (Some repair work requires dry time’ of either finishes, or glue and the customer needs to be made aware of that.)Obviously, you also need to include the business’ info, like name, address, phone, etc.Before I began work, I’d have a short contract/work-order stating what I would do to the furniture (signed by the customer), and take before/after photo’s. I’d also have a provision stipulating any changes or unexpected problems would result in an increase in the cost, and I’d make the customer initial the contract for those changes.I’d include any warranty info on the contract too.Good Luck

4. Veronika says:

I receive your blogs, and often read the ones that apply for that time in my life. This one, Listen has made me reizale that I need to say thank you. I, am a psychologist. I have two degrees in Psych and have studied at the best, and I can confidently say, hardest University in London. My education is extensive, and I thought it would solve so many of my problems. Of course, my expectations, led me down the wrong road. I’ve recently had a crisis in my life, I almost lost my marriage. Why? I couldn’t listen. Since reading your blogs, I have climbed back to my adolescence when I studied martial arts, with a very heavy emphisis on meditation, zen and awareness. When I started reading your blogs, and reizaled I needed to reach back to my basics of understanding and calm, my life took an amazing turn for the better. Now, even though my wife and I are in the midst of immense struggle from the outside world, we know that we have each other through all and for all time. Going back to the purity of realism, patience and calm, combined with inner meditation and balance, I am whole again. I cope, help, support and can reach out to all those around me. Finally, my life is moving in the only way that brings me true happiness. THANK YOU IVAN. And, I’m still listening [] Reply:October 24th, 2011 at 9:28 pmJustin I am so delighted to hear that you made those realizations. I am happy that in some small way I am a part of your journey I wish you and your wife love, health, and happiness. Keep fighting the good fight be well my friend Ivanb4s last [type] ..[]

1. Satish says:

Gay or not, a guy would have to be deaf and blind not to know she had a fantastic voice and uiuqne singing style, and a stunning beauty as well. I truly loved who she was on stage.

5. Engraved Lighters says:

I blog often and I seriously thank you for your information. The article has really peaked my interest. I am going to book mark your blog and keep checking for new details about once per week. I subscribed to your Feed as well.