Health Topic Center
Title CBS Sacramento Health News
- Study: Laughing Can Improve Short-Term Memory In Seniors According to a recent study, laughing can improve short-term memories in seniors.
- Despite Optimism, Obstacles Remain For Health Care The federal health care overhaul is providing coverage for millions of Americans, but it has only chipped away at one of its core goals: to sharply reduce the number of people without insurance.
- Study: Women With Irregular Menstrual Cycles At Greater Risk For Ovarian Cancer SACRAMENTO (CBS Sacramento) - Women with irregular menstrual periods may be at greater risk of dying from ovarian cancer, says a new study reported on by Live Science. Researchers considered a menstrual cycle as "irregular" if they lasted for more...
- 1.2 Million Enroll In California Health Plans California's health exchange says more than 1.2 million Californians enrolled in private insurance plans by the initial deadline earlier this week.
- California Makes Final Drive For Health Coverage Whether it's a chance for a subsidy or to avoid a tax penalty, Californians are making a last-minute dash to sign up for health coverage.
- Schools Increasingly Check Students For Obesity Chula Vista school district among schools working to calculate BMI for students.
- SF Votes To Ban Electronic Cigarettes In Some Public Places San Francisco is banning the use of electronic cigarettes at bars, restaurants and businesses.
- Peeing In Pools Can Create Dangerous Neurotoxin Cocktail Researchers found that when uric acid—a compound in our urine—combines with chlorine, the result is two potentially dangerous chemical byproducts.
- The Biggest Pregnancy Myths Debunked by Expert Linda Geddes Simon & Schuster author Linda Geddes explores and debunks common baby and pregnancy myths here.
- CDC Warns Antibiotics Linked To Deadly Bacterial Infection For Children The Centers For Disease Control and Prevention are warning that antibiotics are being linked to a severe and deadly bacterial infection in kids.