A nationwide run on guns and ammunition is leaving some local police departments short on supplies — they’re running out of bullets.
Gun enthusiasts fearful of new weapon controls and alarmed by rumors of government hoarding are buying bullets practically by the bushel, making it hard for stores nationwide to keep shelves stocked and even putting a pinch on some local law enforcement departments.
Thousands of people lined up for hours outside Cal Expo to buy ammunition. The line wrapped around the building for the first day of the two-day gun show.
Two armed suspects are at large in a south Sacramento neighborhood after leading police on a high-speed chase.
A Montana man accused of trying to take loaded guns through a Sacramento International Airport checkpoint has been charged in federal court with trying to carry a weapon onto an aircraft.
A state lawmaker has been fined more than $2,200 for carrying a loaded handgun in his briefcase as he tried to board a flight to Sacramento earlier this year.
California Highway Patrol officers have seized rounds of ammo and guns found at a North Highlands home after pulling over a known gang member.
A man was arrested Tuesday for allegedly trying to take a loaded gun through a security checkpoint at Sacramento International Airport.
We’re two weeks away from a new state law about how people buy bullets. It’s a battle over law versus order; two years after these regulations passed through the legislature.
- Your Memorial Day Tributes News Photos Namaste: Yoga Poses For... 2013 Draft Lottery Party
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Board Of Governors Vote Party... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows
- Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Festivals and... Sacramento's Most Wanted
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Mexican Cuisine Celebrities With Asthma Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts