Ski resort operators are rejoicing after a string of storms brought an early winter to the Sierra Nevada just in time for the Thanksgiving holiday period.
Skiers and snowboarders in the Sierra woke up on Saturday to fresh snow after the region experienced a powerful storm.
The fresh powder finally arrived, including 5 feet of fresh snow at Boreal, and some people went to extreme measures to take advantage of this reawakening of winter.
There’s no snow up in the Sierras so resorts are getting creative to attract customers, offering ski packages for their limited runs, meal deals and more.
Skiers and snowboarders are getting an early Halloween treat. Boreal Resort is opening today.
Skiers and snowboarders enjoyed a final fling on the slopes Saturday as the Sierra Nevada skiing season came to an official close after one of the snowiest winters in more than six decades.
Skiers and snowboard will get a rare chance to hit the slopes in late July.
Detectives in Nevada County have a mystery on their hands after finding a body off Interstate 80.
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Unique Sunglasses For Summer Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Father's Day Gift Ideas Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Long Live The Kings Rally
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... News Photos Namaste: Yoga Poses For... 2013 Draft Lottery Party
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Board Of Governors Vote Party... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts