Gov. Jerry Brown and the Legislature’s Democratic leaders moved close to a state budget deal Monday that is expected to revamp education funding and begin restoring some of the social services cut during the recession.
The closings of control towers at 149 small airports, due to begin this weekend because of government-wide spending cuts, are being delayed until June 15, federal regulators announced Friday.
Federal spending cuts are expected to dampen California’s economic recovery at a time when a housing rebound and job growth are gaining traction. But the immediate effect may not prove detrimental to the state’s economy.
President Obama on Monday sounded the alarm to governors gathered at the White House about the automatic budget cuts set to kick in on March 1. CBS13 took a deeper look at how could those forced spending cuts could impact us here in California.
The towering giant sequoias at Yosemite National Park would go unprotected from visitors who might trample their shallow roots. At Cape Cod National Seashore, large sections of the Great Beach would close to keep eggs from being destroyed if natural resource managers are cut.
University of California leaders say the 10-campus system can avoid raising undergraduate tuition this fall if UC gets the funding increase proposed in Gov. Jerry Brown’s budget plan.
The Legislature’s nonpartisan budget analyst agreed Monday with Gov. Jerry Brown that the state budget is balanced.
Get creative, shop in the right places and you won’t be spooked about looking sultry on Halloween.
Americans should want to celebrate the 4th of July and at least give some sign of wanting the celebrations that have been cut from municipalities’ budgets.
Democratic lawmakers are moving a bill that could give the governor’s tax initiative top billing on California’s November ballot.
A group of Catholic nuns have started a bus tour challenging the Ryan budget plan and its cuts to social programs.
Democratic legislative leaders are meeting with Gov. Jerry Brown as they chase a Friday deadline to approve a state budget that addresses California’s nearly $16 billion deficit.
- Unique Sunglasses For Summer Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Father's Day Gift Ideas
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Long Live The Kings Rally Baseball Shots Of The Week –... News Photos
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... 2013 Draft Lottery Party Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Board Of Governors Vote Party...
- Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts