California budget deficit
The nonpartisan legislative analyst says California is facing a much smaller deficit of $1.9 billion through the end of the next fiscal year and could even see surpluses over the next few years.
In the online video the governor says revised projections from just five months ago put the states shortfall $7 billion higher at $16 billion.
Gov. Jerry Brown on Tuesday ordered $1 billion in midyear cuts to California’s budget that will result in pain for students who rely on school buses to get to class, mothers who depend on child care subsidies to keep working and support programs for the developmentally disabled.
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Unique Sunglasses For Summer Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Father's Day Gift Ideas Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Long Live The Kings Rally
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... News Photos Namaste: Yoga Poses For... 2013 Draft Lottery Party
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Board Of Governors Vote Party... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts