A ticket sold in an Orangevale 7-Eleven store hit it big in the Mega Millions drawing Friday night, matching five of six numbers. That means the lucky buyer who paid $1 is holding a ticket worth $427,749.
A simple scratch satisfies the itch as a local lottery player hits the Christmas jackpot.
It’s too late for California residents to try to cash in on this week’s $588 million Powerball jackpot, but state lottery commissioners voted Thursday to start selling tickets for the game next year.
For more than five months — while Julie Cervera struggled to pay a $600 electrical bill, feed her family and keep the cable company from shutting off her service because she couldn’t pay — she was a millionaire without knowing it.
Hoping to win the $363 million jackpot Tuesday night, Lotto players were flocking to Obrien’s Market in Modesto after the store sold a lucky ticket last week.
While no ticket sold in California matched all six numbers in Tuesday night’s Mega Millions draw, three tickets did match five of the six numbers, including one ticket sold in Yuba City.
The jackpot for tonight’s multi-state Mega Millions lottery draw has jumped from $330 million to $355 million.
- Your Memorial Day Tributes News Photos Namaste: Yoga Poses For... 2013 Draft Lottery Party
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Board Of Governors Vote Party... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows
- Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Festivals and... Sacramento's Most Wanted
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Mexican Cuisine Celebrities With Asthma Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts