The board overseeing California’s $68 billion high-speed rail project is set to approve a contract to start the first construction work for a bullet train in the Central Valley at its meeting Thursday in Sacramento.
In the past three years, federal prosecutors have charged 54 people and two companies in three states for bid-rigging during courthouse auctions of foreclosed properties.
The Public Policy Institute of California found 55 percent support for greater frugality, compared with 39 percent who want to see restoration of at least some of the cuts to social services that were made as California struggled with a massive deficit.
At least 22 aftershocks have struck following an earthquake in far northeastern California that was felt as far away as San Francisco and in two other states.
Dave Heylen of the California Grocers Association sees job opportunities for local grocers.
Building and contracting sector jobs showed significant gains year over year in Sacramento.
Gov. Jerry Brown is defending his approach to a legal battle over the state prison system by saying California has undergone an “incredible transformation” since the federal courts took over the prison health care system.
California may speed up the release of some inmates while allowing other inmates with a violent history to become firefighters, under a proposal to cut crowding in state prisons Gov. Jerry Brown filed late Thursday night.
State lawmakers sent Gov. Jerry Brown a pair of consumer protection bills Monday that prevent health insurance companies from discriminating against people with pre-existing conditions and limit how much more insurers can charge older residents.
Federal officials say a fishing boat that washed ashore in Northern California is the first debris to reach the state that’s been confirmed as having come from the Japanese tsunami.
The number of California homes entering the foreclosure process has plunged to a more-than-seven-year low as the state housing market continues to improve.
A second round of bureaucratic bickering has begun over the dismantling of California’s community redevelopment agencies.
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Unique Sunglasses For Summer Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Father's Day Gift Ideas Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Long Live The Kings Rally
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... News Photos Namaste: Yoga Poses For... 2013 Draft Lottery Party
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Board Of Governors Vote Party... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts