After almost a week of waiting, head coach Dennis Allen makes it official by naming Terrelle Pryor as his starting quarterback in Sunday’s finale at San Diego. Pryor hasn’t started a game since he won the 2011 Sugar Bowl while at Ohio State. Cornerback Philip Adams is on injured reserve with a groin injury and has been replaced by Brandian Ross.
The 6-9 Chargers have failed to make the playoffs for a third straight year. Head coach Norv Turner will likely not return for the 2013 campaign. San Diego is led by quarterback Philip Rivers, running back Ryan Mathews, receiver Malcom Floyd, and tight end Antonio Gates.
Special teams, along with several other Silver and Black units are banged up. A struggling Miami Dolphins offer an opportunity for Oakland to get their first win, but it will be dependent on the Raiders bench stepping up in key areas.
With core offensive weapons missing on both sides of the ball—wide receiver Jacoby Ford for Oakland, running back Ryan Mathews for San Diego—defensive coordinators are licking their chops. The offensive coordinators are left scratching their heads as they adjust their game plans around unknown entities on the bench.
Raiders wide receiver Jacoby Ford made it through a third straight practice without any setbacks and expects to play in Oakland’s regular-season finale against San Diego.
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Unique Sunglasses For Summer Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Father's Day Gift Ideas Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Long Live The Kings Rally
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... News Photos Namaste: Yoga Poses For... 2013 Draft Lottery Party
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Board Of Governors Vote Party... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts