It flew over the skies of Sacramento on its farewell flight, and now with much fanfare and a huge crowd of onlookers expected, the space shuttle Endeavour is about to start its two-day parade through the streets of Los Angeles.
Thousands gathered around various spots in the Sacramento area Friday morning to watch the end of an era with the space shuttle Endeavour flying by atop a 747 before retiring to a museum in Los Angeles.
Space shuttle Endeavour landed safely at the Los Angeles International Airport Friday after a whirlwind aerial tour around California landmarks.
Space shuttle Endeavour embarked on its tour of California on Friday morning, flying over Sacramento before heading to the Bay Area.
CBS Sacramento wants your photos of the Shuttle Endeavour flyover!
Weather will delay Endeavour’s victory lap around California, but it’s better late than never.
The Northern California flyover for space shuttle Endeavour has been delayed an hour because of concerns about fog in San Francisco on Friday morning, according to NASA.
Space shuttle Endeavour flew over Tucson on Thursday in honor of former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and her astronaut husband before continuing its trek west to retirement in a Los Angeles museum.
Waving American flags and space shuttle toys, hundreds of people lined the streets and crowded the airport Wednesday as they watched space shuttle Endeavour touch down in Houston on its way to be permanently displayed in California.
- Your Memorial Day Tributes News Photos Namaste: Yoga Poses For... 2013 Draft Lottery Party
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Board Of Governors Vote Party... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows
- Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Festivals and... Sacramento's Most Wanted
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Mexican Cuisine Celebrities With Asthma Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts