Two years ago the Call Kurtis team exposed how some customers nationwide were shorted when returning items using gift receipts at Walmart. Walmart insists its policy is to give you the full price the gift-giver paid, but this past holiday season, we checked to see if their stores are following their own policy.
Holiday shoppers may be wary to give gift receipts with presents this year, after seeing Call Kurtis investigations on Walmart. But was the problem of short-changing some customers isolated to just Walmart? We wanted to do a check-up not only on Walmart, but also on five other hot shopping spots.
Federal Trade Commission Chairman Jon Leibowitz responded in a letter to Senator Barbara Boxer’s request to investigate what we found in our gift receipt investigation. He thanked her for bringing it to their attention. We uncovered Walmart doesn’t always return the full amount paid when items are returned using gift receipts.
Senator Barbara Boxer reacting from Capitol Hill said she didn’t like what we found out about Walmart gift receipts.
The beauty of a gift receipt is that you can give a present without a price tag and the gift can still be returned.
Walmart tops the list of Fortune 500 companies, bringing in the most revenue. Our hidden camera investigation uncovered a practice that may be adding to those profits. The practice has some customers and consumer advocates outraged.
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Unique Sunglasses For Summer Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Father's Day Gift Ideas Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Long Live The Kings Rally
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... News Photos Namaste: Yoga Poses For... 2013 Draft Lottery Party
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Board Of Governors Vote Party... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts