A Sacramento man was sentenced Tuesday to three years, five months in federal prison for identity theft after defrauding 50 victims out of between $30,000 and $70,000, United States Attorney Benjamin B. Wagner announced.
On Wednesday, the Sacramento Sheriff’s Hi Tech Crimes Detectives arrested three suspects for burglary and identity theft.
California Attorney General Kamala Harris is set to announce the creation of a new criminal unit to investigate and prosecute identity theft, cybercrimes and other criminal activity involving technology.
Today’s online world is like the wild, wild, west. There is a lot of pioneering going on and local professionals are learning you really have to do your own policing to protect yourself.
Two Los Angeles men have pleaded guilty to stealing more than $90,000 by skimming personal information from Northern California gas station pumps.
A former college football player has been arrested after allegedly using the identity of a former teammate, a Sacramento man, for almost 30 years to cover up crimes.
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Unique Sunglasses For Summer Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Father's Day Gift Ideas Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Long Live The Kings Rally
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... News Photos Namaste: Yoga Poses For... 2013 Draft Lottery Party
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Board Of Governors Vote Party... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts