The Steelers have more depth and despite missing some big names like key defenders James Harrison and Troy Polamalu, but they’ll still be a tough challenge for an Oakland team which ranks near the bottom on both offense and defense.
Special teams, along with several other Silver and Black units are banged up. A struggling Miami Dolphins offer an opportunity for Oakland to get their first win, but it will be dependent on the Raiders bench stepping up in key areas.
The Week 2 injury report for both names lacked the big names that would concern the casual fan. However, the fact that so many Detroit defensive players are listed is not a good sign for a defense heading into a very physical game. There were two new names for the 49ers from Week 1 but both are expected to play on Sunday.
With core offensive weapons missing on both sides of the ball—wide receiver Jacoby Ford for Oakland, running back Ryan Mathews for San Diego—defensive coordinators are licking their chops. The offensive coordinators are left scratching their heads as they adjust their game plans around unknown entities on the bench.
The San Francisco 49ers released their injury report listing Brandon Jacobs and Ted Ginn Jr. as questionable. Both are still considering playing and will be a game time decision. Due to the depth at both positions though its likely that both sit out to get healthy. Kyle Williams will step in for Ginn and will have a chance to prove himself after letting his teammates down the last time he was asked to return punts.
The preseason seemed to be marred by injuries, more so than usual. Here’s the injury situation going into the NFL season.
- Your Memorial Day Tributes News Photos Namaste: Yoga Poses For... 2013 Draft Lottery Party
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Board Of Governors Vote Party... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows
- Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Festivals and... Sacramento's Most Wanted
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Mexican Cuisine Celebrities With Asthma Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts