Occupy UC Davis
A judge has ruled the University of California can release a report on the pepper-spraying of student demonstrators by UC Davis police but must first remove most officers’ names.
Causing a bank to lock its doors may end up costing students more than just easy access to an ATM.
Protesters have been regularly blockading an on-campus bank, forcing it to shut down day after day, but the tactic is testing the patients of some students.
A small group of University of California students have taken over a vacant building on the Davis campus.
Yolo County District Attorney Jeff Reisig announced Friday that no charges would be filed against UC Davis protesters who were pepper-sprayed by police in an incident that made national news.
In the latest development in the fallout from UC Davis police pepper spraying student protesters, a town hall meeting Tuesday night gave faculty and staff the chance to be heard.
Hundreds of Occupy UC Davis student protesters marched into the school’s financial office on Monday.
The campus at UC Davis was quiet on Thanksgiving Thursday, with only a handful of tents up as students apparently took off for the holiday after a contentious week at the university.
The Occupy protests at UC colleges, most notably Friday’s pepper-spraying at UC Davis, have received national exposure, but the question now is what if any effect they will have on tuition costs.
The president of the UC Regents and the president pro tempore of the California Senate have weighed in on the UC Davis protest that led to demonstrators being doused in pepper spray at close range Friday.
Protesters surrounded a UC Davis building after being locked out of a press conference about Friday’s clash between police and demonstrators, keeping the UC Davis chancellor and the campus chief of police contained within the building for hours.
Law enforcement officials defended the tactics used Friday to dismantle an encampment set up by “Occupy Wall Street” sympathizers on the UC Davis quad, a raid that drew accusations of excessive force from students after sitting protesters were subjected to pepper spray at point-blank range.
- 2013 Draft Lottery Party Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Board Of Governors Vote Party... Best Summer Dishes
- CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Festivals and...
- Sacramento's Most Wanted Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Mexican Cuisine Celebrities With Asthma
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... New Kings Arena Renderings Best Wedding Dress Styles For... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts