Gov. Jerry Brown on Friday reversed a parole board and denied the release of a former Charles Manson follower who has served more than 40 years in prison.
Three major skill gaps in Sacramento are currently providing job opportunities: nursing, security and criminal justice.
Criminal justice continues to be a burgeoning field for job seekers.
The search is on for an armed suspect who forced deputies to shut down part of a Sacramento neighborhood Saturday afternoon.
The Supreme Court ruled Monday that it is unconstitutional for state laws to require juveniles convicted of murder to be sentenced to life in prison without possibility of parole.
WOODLAND (CBS13) — The convicted murderer who killed a 22-month-old baby almost three decades ago will remain in prison for several more years after the victim’s family appealed the parole board’s decision to set him […]
A state senator is seeking to change California law as a result of the Jaycee Dugard kidnapping.
An appeal panel has granted parole to a woman who has spent 25 years in prison for murdering her two sons, overturning a decision by then-Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in 2009 to keep her behind bars.
More than four decades after Sen. Robert F. Kennedy was assassinated, his convicted murderer wants to go free for a crime he says he can’t remember.
- Your Memorial Day Tributes News Photos Namaste: Yoga Poses For... 2013 Draft Lottery Party
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Board Of Governors Vote Party... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows
- Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Festivals and... Sacramento's Most Wanted
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Mexican Cuisine Celebrities With Asthma Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts