Kaiden’s mom, Adeline, wasn’t willing to live a life in fear of her son losing his life to the allergy. Her doctor, Binita Mandal, had started a program with Mercy Hospital designed to lessen the impact if a child is exposed to peanuts.
The parents of a Carmichael teen who died moments after taking a bite of a snack are speaking out for the first time since her death.
The treat was iced with chocolate and peanut butter, and the teen was allergic to peanuts. Even though she spat it out, the bite was enough to put her to anaphylactic shock and cardiac arrest.