Attorneys representing the 21 students and recent alumni who were pepper-sprayed by UC Davis police last year announced on Wednesday that they have reached a $1 million settlement with the university on their class-action lawsuit.
UC Davis has confirmed that the police officer at the center of its pepper spraying scandal last fall is no longer with the department.
UC Davis announced on Wednesday a series of actions and reforms in response to a critical task force report on the police pepper-spraying incident last year that drew national attention.
UC Davis swore in a new police chief on Thursday, the day after the embattled chief announced her retirement.
The UC Davis police chief, who has been on administrative leave since the infamous pepper-spraying incident on the campus quad in November, announced her retirement on Wednesday, several news agencies have reported.
The University of California president’s office expects the chancellor of UC Davis to respond quickly to a critical report on the pepper-spraying of student demonstrators last fall.
A judge has ruled the University of California can release a report on the pepper-spraying of student demonstrators by UC Davis police but must first remove most officers’ names.
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Board Of Governors Vote Party... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows
- Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Festivals and... Sacramento's Most Wanted
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Mexican Cuisine Celebrities With Asthma Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- New Kings Arena Renderings Best Wedding Dress Styles For... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... NBA Cheerleaders – April 19,...
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts