Gov. Jerry Brown is defending his approach to a legal battle over the state prison system by saying California has undergone an “incredible transformation” since the federal courts took over the prison health care system.
Gov. Jerry Brown’s choice to lead California’s beleaguered prisons is a former critic who now says the system is more “nimble” and responsive after years of federal court oversight.
Thousands of prisoners, including Charles Manson, have been found with cellphones in California prisons, but it’s now illegal for prison employees and others to smuggle the mobile devices to state inmates, after Gov. Jerry Brown announced Thursday that he had signed a bill making it a misdemeanor.
- Your Memorial Day Tributes News Photos Namaste: Yoga Poses For... 2013 Draft Lottery Party
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Board Of Governors Vote Party... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows
- Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Festivals and... Sacramento's Most Wanted
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Mexican Cuisine Celebrities With Asthma Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts