CBS13 went undercover and caught area stores overtaxing customers.
A plan to raise Stockton’s sales tax is stirring up debate between the mayor and city manager.
A Dixon man bought a big screen TV on sale but later found out he was charged tax on the full price. When he couldn’t learn why, he called Kurtis to get answers.
California voters have approved Gov. Jerry Brown’s plan to raise income taxes on the wealthy and raise the statewide sales tax to fund K-12 schools and help balance the state budget.
Mayor Kevin Johnson finally answered questions Tuesday about the deadline he missed to get an argument against a city sales tax increase on the November ballot.
There’s more fallout from Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson’s missed election day deadline to file a ballot argument against a tax increase will show up blank on the ballot, with a lawsuit seeking to reverse the mistake.
The Sacramento City Council voted unanimously Tuesday night to put a half-cent sales tax increase on the November ballot.
If you have bought an optional extended warranty, you may want to check your receipt. A Call Kurtis investigation found one store taxing at least one customer when they shouldn’t have. We found out about this after a smart viewer from Orangevale scanned her receipts from Beck’s furniture.
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Board Of Governors Vote Party... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows
- Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Festivals and... Sacramento's Most Wanted
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Mexican Cuisine Celebrities With Asthma Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- New Kings Arena Renderings Best Wedding Dress Styles For... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... NBA Cheerleaders – April 19,...
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts