With a proposed jump in school spending this year, Brown wants to target new dollars at districts with students who are lower-income, English-learners or live in foster homes.
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Gov. Jerry Brown outlined his revised budget proposal on Tuesday, highlighting a small surplus and praising the effects of Proposition 30. Despite a small surplus, the governor says he’s continuing to pull […]
Democratic lawmakers want to spend the additional revenue to make up for years of budget cuts to programs serving women, children and the poor.
The combined debt of California’s state and local governments is at least $848 billion and could escalate past $1.1 trillion, according to a new report.
Riding a wave of new tax revenue, Gov. Jerry Brown is proposing a state spending plan that eliminates the deficit and provides $6.3 billion more in spending than the previous year.
Gov. Jerry Brown introduced his 2012-13 budget proposal Thursday at a news conference at the Capitol, and again painted a dire picture of California’s fiscal landscape over the next few years.
California state Controller John Chiang announced Tuesday he was halting pay for state lawmakers, saying their budget plan was not balanced and did not meet the state’s requirement for getting paid.
- News Photos Namaste: Yoga Poses For... 2013 Draft Lottery Party Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Board Of Governors Vote Party... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Festivals and... Sacramento's Most Wanted Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Best Mexican Cuisine Celebrities With Asthma Baseball Shots Of The Week –... New Kings Arena Renderings
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts